It is currently Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:13 pm

All times are UTC


THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: DJ Vader Helmet by Vadermonkey
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:43 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:29 pm
Posts: 229
Pretty sure other people recieved their casts already so why aren't the pics flowing..... :rolleyes
Infamous, right honorable ladd, induldge us and kindly feed us more pics asap :wink: . Provide if you can a frontal shot of the dome "on" with the flange "even" on both sides of the face /middle strip centered.
You mentioned adjusting the dome to your liking, so the dome ring came unattached for you to secure position ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DJ Vader Helmet by Vadermonkey
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:42 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:58 am
Posts: 10650
Location: Denmark
Darth Niob wrote:
The only reason the C-scar isnt that prominent on the SL/DJ as on the TM is because the Baker mold was made after the repaint of the screen used Anh Vader.

There's no way the UK mold was made before the US mold, as the face mask has a crack down the side on the UK mold, which the original now has, which it didn't have at the time of the US molding. So they both come off the re-painted helmet.

The difference in sharpness of the details can be in the silicone used. I've noticed with some model kits for instance that molds made with different silicone on the exact same model kit master offer differences in sharpness and detail - could very well be the same thing happening here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DJ Vader Helmet by Vadermonkey
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:09 pm 
Random avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:51 pm
Posts: 1353
Location: Geislingen, Germany
No Humor Man wrote:
Darth Niob wrote:
The only reason the C-scar isnt that prominent on the SL/DJ as on the TM is because the Baker mold was made after the repaint of the screen used Anh Vader.

There's no way the UK mold was made before the US mold, as the face mask has a crack down the side on the UK mold, which the original now has, which it didn't have at the time of the US molding. So they both come off the re-painted helmet.

The difference in sharpness of the details can be in the silicone used. I've noticed with some model kits for instance that molds made with different silicone on the exact same model kit master offer differences in sharpness and detail - could very well be the same thing happening here.



That sounds correct Carsten but in the end the result is the same. Key surface details and shape of all the authentic casts are different in the end because of multiple reasons during the casting process. So best is to own all of them LoL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DJ Vader Helmet by Vadermonkey
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:07 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:56 am
Posts: 202
I have evidence in hand that this is not correct....


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: DJ Vader Helmet by Vadermonkey
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:13 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:56 am
Posts: 202
No Humor Man wrote:
Darth Niob wrote:
The only reason the C-scar isnt that prominent on the SL/DJ as on the TM is because the Baker mold was made after the repaint of the screen used Anh Vader.

There's no way the UK mold was made before the US mold, as the face mask has a crack down the side on the UK mold, which the original now has, which it didn't have at the time of the US molding. So they both come off the re-painted helmet.

The difference in sharpness of the details can be in the silicone used. I've noticed with some model kits for instance that molds made with different silicone on the exact same model kit master offer differences in sharpness and detail - could very well be the same thing happening here.



The silicone point is true. However the details about the time of casting and the detials that show up on these helmets is incorrect. I wish I could put it all out there right now but it is still not the right time to do so.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: DJ Vader Helmet by Vadermonkey
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:15 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:29 pm
Posts: 229
Well, well, well, look what we got here on the DJ.....

Imagedj c scar by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/186247799@N08/]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DJ Vader Helmet by Vadermonkey
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:21 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:26 am
Posts: 342
Wow. I'm surprised that showed up after sanding and paint. Pretty cool though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DJ Vader Helmet by Vadermonkey
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:42 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:29 pm
Posts: 229
Midnight Trooper wrote:
Wow. I'm surprised that showed up after sanding and paint. Pretty cool though.

As Dj said, he only used rubbing compound to remove the neck drip and did no sanding at all.
Upon MY close up inspection, most the details are present still even after the paint. I don't see any evidence of sanding at all.

Here's another shot.

Imagedj c scar 2 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/186247799@N08


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DJ Vader Helmet by Vadermonkey
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:48 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:57 am
Posts: 431
illbethere1 wrote:
Midnight Trooper wrote:
Wow. I'm surprised that showed up after sanding and paint. Pretty cool though.

As Dj said, he only used rubbing compound to remove the neck drip and did no sanding at all.
Upon MY close up inspection, most the details are present still even after the paint. I don't see any evidence of sanding at all.

Here's another shot.

Imagedj c scar 2 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/186247799@N08



Right but just want to be clear - I used a light bit of rubbing compound over the whole thing VERY sparingly just so that paint would adhere.

The drip down the neck itself was sanded off - but it was the only thing on the face. Just looked too weird to me, authenticity or not. I wanted people to handle this and go "oooh ahhh," not "ooooh ah - wait, why is he drooling." ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DJ Vader Helmet by Vadermonkey
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:07 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:58 am
Posts: 10650
Location: Denmark
That's pretty cool. :thumbsup


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DJ Vader Helmet by Vadermonkey
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:28 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:29 pm
Posts: 229
darthjones wrote:
illbethere1 wrote:
Midnight Trooper wrote:
Wow. I'm surprised that showed up after sanding and paint. Pretty cool though.

As Dj said, he only used rubbing compound to remove the neck drip and did no sanding at all.
Upon MY close up inspection, most the details are present still even after the paint. I don't see any evidence of sanding at all.

Here's another shot.

Imagedj c scar 2 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/186247799@N08



Right but just want to be clear - I used a light bit of rubbing compound over the whole thing VERY sparingly just so that paint would adhere.

The drip down the neck itself was sanded off - but it was the only thing on the face. Just looked too weird to me, authenticity or not. I wanted people to handle this and go "oooh ahhh," not "ooooh ah - wait, why is he drooling." ;)

Retreading old steps, this dispels the notion it was painted on for sure......

I'm also pretty sure I just sold you a few more buckets verifying THE MARK :lol
I just wondering why you never tried checking out if the mark was there in the 1st place, or did you ? Its a YUGE selling point because most LEGEND OWNERS are gonna feel their top commercial Vaders inadequate now knowing they've got a cheap poorly hand drawn makeshift "C" instead of the real deal Holyfield. Certain people doubted SithLords C mark reveal on the SL at the time believing he just etched it in just to "one up" the EFX.

This also officially confirms IMO the TMs C is valid (not fabricated) but with a mountain of crud to the left that was still left in place and should of been removed. The core outlining of the mark and surrounding anomalies are too precisely matched up as compared to other corresponding C faceplates, SL and now the DJ.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Blue Moon by Trent © 2007
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Hosted by Freeforum.ca, get your free forum now! TOS | Support Forums | Report a violation
buy web visitors
MultiForums powered by echoPHP phpBB MultiForums