It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Stormtrooper "Original" moulds....
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:19 pm 

I'm sure we all have seen this. http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Stormtrooper-Helmet-Moulds_W0QQitemZ220030062820QQihZ012QQcategoryZ37887QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I know nothing of Stormtrooper helmets, but I was curious about your thoughts away from the RPF hierarchy and those with vested interests.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:35 pm 
Site Admin

Well, I do agree somewhat with some of the findings that they have made over there, that there's definitely something "off" with the molds, the undercut under the cheeks and the faint teeth, but I really don't think that any of those can really validate any sort of conclusions that this is off a fan-made helmet of some sort. Not knowing how the various trooper helmet molds looked or how the outsourced helmet molds were created to rapidly fill the demand for trooper helmets it is not possible for me to make any judgmet on the truth of the sellers claim.

Some 50+ helmets were made, right? Well... those created from these molds could possibly have been far-background troopers and none of those getting even remotely close to the camera.

So any conclusions as to their origins, based on vague resemblance to early TE pulls or Meatsock is just not viable.

What CAN be concluded is that it is a mold made from an existing helmet and that it lacks some detail around the frown and undercut under the cheek tubes. Basically... that's all that can be concluded about this thing, imo. Whether it was used to make any of the screen used helmets... well... that's seller's claim against the so-called "experts" on RPF.

My personal opinion is: I really don't know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:14 pm 

The thing that seems very odd to me is the "make two at once" design. If it is some kind of fake, that is an extremely inventive idea. Like I said, I don't know much about troopers, but that unusual design really makes me wonder.

If it wasn't used for ANH, it could have been made for something else possibly? I'm not so quick to call the man a liar or forger as some on the RPF are. I would just like to hear more about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:34 pm 
Site Admin

Well... one could always write the dude about it... if he's willing to share more info.

It is a neat idea, with the double pull... but apparently there is a detail on the molds only evident in the early TE casts... sorta raises my eyebrow. TrooperMaster gave a compelling review and I'd have to admit that I was convinced by it.

Tbh: I always smell a fish, until it has been proven without a doubt that it is real... though, I try to keep an open mind... because... even experts can be wrong or fooled. But it seems likely that it is cast from a TE/Meatsock... (or maybe a real helmet... but definitely cast from a helmet, as details suggest, and not the original, original mould).

Hmm... I reserve the right to be sceptical of his claims... but if his story checks out... well... then that's a cool find.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:01 pm 
Site Admin

Surprise, surprise..............REMOVED! :lol :lol

Profile E-mail