It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:55 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:37 am 

All's well that ends well! You guys are SUPER!

- Mac
( Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sculptingvader/ )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:34 am 
Site Admin

Good it's all solved then :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:11 am 

MJC,

Or you could just do a re-designed/displayed image that looks nothing like Gino's display and no credit is needed. Surely Gino isn't the first person to have photographed a Vader belt in that position.

I just think it's getting silly when it comes to down to such pettyness, Gino, can't we all just get along.

Gino, your expertise is appreciated, share the love brother !!!

I'm biting my tongue now :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:20 pm 

Hello again!

Well it just occurred to me that people may need to refresh their browsers, as I had already modified the completed diagrams before, but it sounds like people aren't seeing them. Or is it just that people haven't been back to page 1 in a while? :wink: Anyway, I think that either a refresh or a cache dump will update everyone's images.

One more thing, when you say "some people here took the position that your drawings had nothing to do with my photos...", I hope you understand that that was never my position, nor was it my intent to deceive people into taking that position. It seems like my initial explanation got skipped over by some, and that lead to a variety of accusations.

As for me completely redoing the diagrams to look different than Gino's photos, I just don't really have the time at the moment. The whole reason I did these was there were a few people here who wanted to see a clear and concise reference for these props that fit in with the visual package of the armour and helmet ones. I was simply filling that request, as I had a bit of spare time then. But anyways, that doesn't seem to be necessary anymore, so for the moment, we'll just leave them as they are.

Anyway, I'm glad this whole business is done and we can all relax!

Take it easy,

MJC.

P.S. Oh yeah, and I only use Photoshop, not Illustrator, in case anyone was wondering! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:30 pm 
Random avatar
MJC, it wasn't you, it was other people.
Thanks for adding the credit. I'm sure people will find them most useful.
That's what the intent of the original photos were for and you took them a step further.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:35 pm 
Site Admin

Tbh... I speechless... in more ways than one... this thread went into the fastlane pretty quickly... I simply don't get that. I had no doubt that GINO's pictures of his belts were used for reference... I just wanted to see the original pictures... as that is how I work best - not to determine who was right... but simply to see the pictures used as reference.

Surely there is no need for choosing sides or drawing lines in the sand about who is right and who is not. I guess credit is deserved... but I have to admit that that never really crossed my mind when doing the drawing of the Vader helmet... so... if all is fair, then credit should be given to DJ as well for the use of one of his images.

People are free to share what they know, if they want to or if they can. No one should force anyone to anything. Though, I have to admit... it would be so much easier not to mention you got the info, if you are not allowed to share it... then you don't frustrate people or make them think you're hoarding or boasting... just my opinion. Share what you can, if you can and try to have fun while doing it, I know I try! :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:43 pm 
Random avatar
I understand completely and totally agree.
However, I know that very often I get asked point blank questions that for one reason or another cannot answer. That puts me in a very tough position as I do not want to boast, but I don't want to lie and say I don't know the answer.
I answer genuinely and honestly what I can, and side step the other stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:48 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah... and I guess that that can be frustrating too. Hmm... that actually gave a whole new perspective to the whole sharing thing for me, imo... woaw... :eek

Crawling into my corner to think for a while...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:49 pm 

Cantina_Dude wrote:
P.S. Oh yeah, and I only use Photoshop, not Illustrator, in case anyone was wondering! :wink:

What version of PS? And what feature allows you to draw lines like that? I thought they discontinued allowing you to draw lines in version 5 in order to force you to use Adobe Illustrator.

- Mac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:37 am 

Well I'm still stuck back here in PS 5.0 land, which does everything I need it to. I've never used Illustrator (or ever owned it), so I don't really know anything about it. It seems odd that they would eliminate something so basic as drawing a line!?!?! But I'm sure it's possible!

Well I think we can put this thread to bed now. Would it be a good idea to make a new thread with all of the various diagrams in one place without any other clutter? Let me know and I can make it happen.

So long for now,

MJC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:35 am 
Site Admin

Once all the templates are completed and you are ready to announce them, then I would appreciate that all the templates be put in one topic together, and then I'll un-sticky these various topics and sticky the new one instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:23 pm 

I just had a chance to view the post. Great job CD! I thought the thread would derail, whew, thankfully it didn't. Thanks for the excellent reference material to both CD and Gino.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:36 pm 

Cantina_Dude wrote:
Well I'm still stuck back here in PS 5.0 land, which does everything I need it to. I've never used Illustrator (or ever owned it), so I don't really know anything about it. It seems odd that they would eliminate something so basic as drawing a line!?!?! But I'm sure it's possible!

And I thought it was just me. I scoured for that feature in Adobe Photoshop 7.0, then CS1, then CS2 and went, "Where the heck the did the line go?" Well, apparently, it went to Adobe Illustrator.

That being said, you can still use the pen tool to create solid but invisible shapes, and then create an inside stroke of 1px or more. Not quite the same but it's a different way of getting stuff done.

- Mac

Post subject: Re: Vader Helmet Color Templates (Ref Pics)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:27 pm 
Random avatar

Why were they painted this way originally? I had never noticed this before. Did it have something to do with lighting it?

Post subject: Re: Vader Helmet Color Templates (Ref Pics)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

Yes. To make the shapes stand out so it didn't just look like a black blob.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7