It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Has anyone recently ordered a Shadow FX vader helmet recentl
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:47 pm 
Random avatar

There is a video on youtube comparing the spfx helmet to a CFO. I could see differences as they were pointed out however looking at new photos on their page and photos uploaded by recipients, I wasn't seeing those differences. I contacted Shadow FX and he told me that was an older mold from over 6 years ago and that their molds have been updated.
To me, they look as good as you can get.
Prices are
ANH $859
ROTJ $870

I bought a hasbro vader helmet back in 2006? for cheap and I was pretty happy with it as it was the only cheap helmet available on the market. Last year I bought the black series vader and I said at the time that it was the closest you can get for $100. But after I got it I became irritated with little inaccuracies so now I'm itching for a "as close as possible"

I know here people obsess over tiny details but I'm sure the Shadow FX is like 98% there as compared to my black series which is maybe 60-70% close.

It also seems like there aren't many makers as well. (I could be wrong).

Does anyone have any other suggestions that they think are better? No, I don't want to spend thousands of dollars or take out a loan as some people have.

Is there any reason anyone thinks I should not get a Shadow FX?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Has anyone recently ordered a Shadow FX vader helmet rec
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:53 am 
Site Admin

If the molds have been updated, he's either made new changes to his older recasts or recast someone else's helmet again. And you cannot be sure you'll receive if you order one - it's pretty hit and miss, so buyer beware.

The cheaper helmets are usually bad recasts, so you get what you pay for. Though, there is one cheaper option, but it is a fan sculpt and is sold by Bookface - he offers a few different versions, but if you have to go cheaper, then he's your man. If you want to spend a little more and get stuff with direct lineage, there's Mike Warren / vadermonkey.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:31 pm 

The new SFX helmets dont Bother. He uses recasts of the SL and TM and incorrectly modded the hell out of them. Especially the dome. He increased the dome size and now it looks like Mrs Marge "Vader" Simpson. I can spot that dome anywhere.

His claims about lineage are 100 false. Stay away.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:24 pm 

No Humor Man wrote:
If the molds have been updated, he's either made new changes to his older recasts or recast someone else's helmet again. And you cannot be sure you'll receive if you order one - it's pretty hit and miss, so buyer beware.

The cheaper helmets are usually bad recasts, so you get what you pay for. Though, there is one cheaper option, but it is a fan sculpt and is sold by Bookface - he offers a few different versions, but if you have to go cheaper, then he's your man. If you want to spend a little more and get stuff with direct lineage, there's Mike Warren / vadermonkey.

Mikes ROTJ and ESB are only $900 and far superior to anything SFX put out. I currently have a ROTJ helmet and armor on order with Mike. I recommend that over SFX.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:18 pm 
Random avatar

Ok, I head Mike Warren has quite a wait list. I messaged him on his instagram last night but no reply.

Is that how you do it? Just message him? Or does he have a proper place? I read message him on fb or instagram.
I also found his fb page but I didn't see anything vader monkey. I wasn't sure if he wanted to keep his personal fb page and work one separate or is there a work one?. Or is he ok with getting requests for masks from anyone on his fb page?

Thank you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:32 pm 

bananasushi wrote:
Ok, I head Mike Warren has quite a wait list. I messaged him on his instagram last night but no reply.

Is that how you do it? Just message him? Or does he have a proper place? I read message him on fb or instagram.
I also found his fb page but I didn't see anything vader monkey. I wasn't sure if he wanted to keep his personal fb page and work one separate or is there a work one?. Or is he ok with getting requests for masks from anyone on his fb page?

Thank you.

You can just message him directly. Thats what I did. I also have his DJ helmet and armor.

He is also on Instagram as m.warren.propshop and that is where I message him.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:55 pm 
Random avatar

Quote:

Yeah I messaged him there 3 days ago. I guess I could always try again.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:05 am 

bananasushi wrote:
Quote:

Yeah I messaged him there 3 days ago. I guess I could always try again.

He doesnt respond fast. It takes time and just be patient. I have to wait for him to respond as well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:29 am 

I ordered Mike's ESB Helmet and armor set in March and got it in August. I found it best to communicate with him over Facebook.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:54 pm 

I finally received my Mike Warren ROTJ set. I have regrettably owned a set from Shadow FX and fallen into his trap to garner more views and potential customers.

I said one slightly negative thing and he threw me under the bus and also talked shit about my other helmets to promote his. He talked shit on the DJ and warped his arguments to make his followers believe his offerings are the best ever.

I also went against some of the older members who complained when I said I was going to purchase from Shadow FX. I got a little snippy when they were not pleased with my decision. I posted that video of the CFO and SFX helmets as a response to the argument with SFX. I feel a little at fault for his current iterations of his helmets. I'm here regretting all of it and needed to get it out there. But I had no part in the recasting decision or process.

STAY AWAY FROM PHIL/SPFX/ANARCHY DESIGNS/SHADOW FX. They are not what he claims and is overall a terrible human being.

Mike's helmet and armor blows SFX out of the water.

Profile E-mail