It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: The DJ found a new home. Images posted post 3
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:32 am 

darthjones wrote:
I got one coming too. Even though I have the source casting here the workmanship is just not to be passed up!

Thanks to you and Mike for making these available! I’ve got one coming as well. I plan to paint it in the spring so I may start a thread for tips and arguments ha!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:13 am 

Start a thread!!! I've painted a couple. It's not that hard if you have a background at all.

And if you don't it's still not that hard but I'd suggest practicing on something else first.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:49 pm 

oujala wrote:
darthjones wrote:
I got one coming too. Even though I have the source casting here the workmanship is just not to be passed up!

Thanks to you and Mike for making these available! I’ve got one coming as well. I plan to paint it in the spring so I may start a thread for tips and arguments ha!

Yeah id love to see what you do with it. I opted for finished armor because I know mine will never match the amazingness of Mikes finish.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:04 pm 

I might finish a raw one at some point - if I have time.

He says the finished one should be to me this week. Fingers crossed!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:39 am 

darthjones wrote:
Start a thread!!! I've painted a couple. It's not that hard if you have a background at all.

And if you don't it's still not that hard but I'd suggest practicing on something else first.

I’ll definitely start a thread. I’ll need tips!

vader45 wrote:
Yeah id love to see what you do with it. I opted for finished armor because I know mine will never match the amazingness of Mikes finish.

Mike’s work is simply amazing. I’m 100 percent sure I won’t come close to matching it. I just like the idea of trying it! Hell I may have to send it back to him and beg for forgiveness and a new paint job ha ha!

Your helmet is absolutely gorgeous. I can’t wait to see the armor as well! Are you planning a full statue?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:52 am 

oujala wrote:
darthjones wrote:

I’ll definitely start a thread. I’ll need tips!

vader45 wrote:

Mike’s work is simply amazing. I’m 100 percent sure I won’t come close to matching it. I just like the idea of trying it! Hell I may have to send it back to him and beg for forgiveness and a new paint job ha ha!

Your helmet is absolutely gorgeous. I can’t wait to see the armor as well! Are you planning a full statue?

Eventually yes but for now I have my ROTJ lifesize

Profile E-mail