It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:28 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: Recently found ANH Vader
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:01 pm 

the only RB mold related helmets I've seen with shallow teeth are the ones I know have been altered ( SL and EFX).

The DJ and JCF both have deeper teeth, like the ones seen on this tour helmet.

Its really hard to judge these tour helmets. The few that I've seen recent pictures of all look like they were heavily cleaned and sanded, plus a pretty thick layer of paint applied. However there are a few pieces of information tangible enough that I think link it to the RB mold.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:41 pm 

vader45 wrote:
So if the helmet is a Baker cast how does it have deeper teeth bars then the other known Baker casts?

I don't know this for certain, but SL did put a minor change or two into his offerings I think. Some makers out here do that to be able to spot recasters. However, I do not know what he changed.

I will say that Vadermonkey recently cast the "DJ" helmet I've got, for production, and he didn't change anything to my knowledge. I don't know if he has a run open right now or not but it is a duplicate of the helmet in this video EXCEPT..... the DJ is nowhere near as cleaned up as this touring helmet is.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:42 am 

juan7fernandez wrote:
the only RB mold related helmets I've seen with shallow teeth are the ones I know have been altered ( SL and EFX).

The DJ and JCF both have deeper teeth, like the ones seen on this tour helmet.

Its really hard to judge these tour helmets. The few that I've seen recent pictures of all look like they were heavily cleaned and sanded, plus a pretty thick layer of paint applied. However there are a few pieces of information tangible enough that I think link it to the RB mold.

I forgot to reply to this. I always thought the shallow teeth bars was a feature of the Baker mold. Im happy to see that I was wrong.

I always held the SL as the gold standard as a representative of the Baker mold and as my favorite ANH cast. The more I learned, researched and discussed with other people(including you) the more my bubble got popped. The SL isnt what it was made out to be. To much drama attached to it that tainted what could have been the best cast copy of the Baker mold. Granted its still very pretty and still nice to look at.

I sold my SL recast and now im waiting on a DJ which is my new personal favorite for ANH. It seems to be the least altered/tainted cast available.

And it's amazing to learn that the helmet on auction is one of the 6 originals cast from the mold. Its been around for many years and never new this! There never seems to be a dead end for vader information. It just keeps on popping up!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:58 am 

Hey everyone,

Been a while. Just thought I'd share with you guys a few pics I took of an MP cast painted in the same metallic grey that was under the varnish coating on the MP that turned it greenish. Luckily they painted around the latch on top of the face, so it was just the grey paint. I assume that it was done here in Aus and it's a few shades darker than the originals.

Here it's with the EFX on the left and a reject pull that I messed around with on the right...

Just putting it here as part of the MP's history.

Cheers,
Kraig

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:13 pm 

So awesome Kraig! Thanks for sharing!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:52 pm 
Random avatar

What an awesome helmet and thanks for posting Kraig. Man i would love to own a cast :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:05 pm 

That's fantastic! I remember many years ago there was talk about taking a mold of the MP helmet but I didn't think it ever went anywhere. Glad to see it did :-D

Dave

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:03 am 

Hey guys,

I'm glad you like the pics. The decision to do molds was a last second thing. We did every hard part (Helmet, shoulders, chest box and shins).

If there's is interest, I may offer casts but it will be a limited run of maybe 25 of each item and maybe do a package deal type of thing?. I don't know, just throwing thoughts around. Nothing's decided yet.

Cheers,

Kraig

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:30 am 
Random avatar

Very interested Kraig :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:49 pm 

If the shins were out of the molds taken off the originals for touring I'd love a pair in abs or vac plastic.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:15 am 

I'm glad you like the pics guys. Sadly the shins had lived a hard life and were too brittle to do a vac forming buck from the inside, so they were cast from the outside to make a firberglass mould.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:15 pm 

I’m in as you know

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:41 am 

Hi Kraig :)
Hope you are well. Have you decided whether you'd do a limited run of the hard parts ? :) Let us know ;)

Best
Constant

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:39 pm 

Check the Black Market.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:55 pm 

Wooops ... Didn't notice that the thread was started in the Black Market. Thank you for the info :)

Here is the link for those interested : http://thepropden.aokforums.com/mp-vader-interest-vt5469.html

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next