It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:21 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: Vader Sculpture
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:01 am 
Site Admin

You are braver than I would be. I would probably have left it. Cool of you to continue. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:21 pm 

Hi guys! :wink: I haven't worked so much on the project, I have a few updates to show! I started to smooth the changes to the mask, I am attaching comparisons before and after work!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:09 pm 

DarthDavid90 wrote:
Hi guys! :wink: I haven't worked so much on the project, I have a few updates to show! I started to smooth the changes to the mask, I am attaching comparisons before and after work!

Awesome Vader sculpt and such an awesome thread Im also going to try my hand at sculpting a vader helmet
im learning so much from this awesome thread keep up the good work :thumbsup

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:42 pm 

Quote:
Awesome Vader sculpt and such an awesome thread Im also going to try my hand at sculpting a vader helmet

Hi and thanks for the nice words, I am very pleased! :wink: I am a beginner, I do not have much experience, but I would be happy if I can help you with some advice! :thumbsup

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:56 pm 

DarthDavid90 wrote:
Quote:

Hi and thanks for the nice words, I am very pleased! :wink: I am a beginner, I do not have much experience, but I would be happy if I can help you with some advice! :thumbsup

Myself i will also be beginner with this but you already have great skill you may brag a bit you have great talent and it shows
I would be very happy and would greatly appreciate any help when I start my own project ! :cheers

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:35 pm 

Darth Africanus wrote:
DarthDavid90 wrote:
Quote:

Myself i will also be beginner with this but you already have great skill you may brag a bit you have great talent and it shows
I would be very happy and would greatly appreciate any help when I start my own project ! :cheers

Thanks again! When you have something to ask don't worry! :thumbsup

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:43 am 

Fantastic work. I'm following this with great interest! For a 'beginner' this really is an outstanding sculpt and I congratulate you for taking this on.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:18 pm 

Haso wrote:
Fantastic work. I'm following this with great interest! For a 'beginner' this really is an outstanding sculpt and I congratulate you for taking this on.

Thank you very much, very kind! I'm glad you like my job! :cheers

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:35 pm 

Hi all guys, I wanted to show how far I have come with the mask, many changes have been made, and the difference is noticeable! I'm finishing the last roughing, to start then the details! The mask was cut in half, raised to the level of the nose, narrowed the neck, eyes were moved back and narrowed, material was added behind and above the head! Here some photos with a cast of the first version! :wink:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:22 pm 

Hi guys! In the last period, working on the fiberglass mask, I realized that I was completely twisting the helmet, practically I was remaking it in every part! The changes to fiberglass, however, are long, and every little detail takes a long time! Having a family, a full-time job and different passions and hobbies, the space I could devote to the mask was little, and the results were slow and unsatisfactory! The main goal of this project is fun, and in the last period I have lost it ...
So I want to close here with this chapter and leave the mask as I had finished it before the changes!
But since in the last year I have learned a lot about Vader and sculpting, I decided to start from clay and start a new sculpture, I am motivated and I know I can do better now, without wasting any more time cutting and modifying fiberglass!

This time I started creating a usual and above all vertical base! The upper part can be separated from the base and adjusted in height! I purchased and are waiting for a higher quality and sulfur-free clay, I can't wait for the courier to knock on the door to start having fun like at the beginning!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:50 pm 
Site Admin

Cool. Looking forward to this.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:22 pm 

Hi guys! A few days ago I started sculpture! The new clay is fantastic, it molds very well and you can maintain the sharpest details and angles much better, it is at a much higher level of quality than the plasticine I had used in the first sculpture, the difference is abysmal! Here are the photos of the first 4 days, I can work on it an hour a day! And I have to say I'm having a lot of fun, and I want to do it really well this time!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 4:02 pm 

Nice to see how you are capturing the subtitles even in this early stage of the sculpting. It shows you've been really studying the mask. Great work so far!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:18 pm 

juan7fernandez wrote:
Nice to see how you are capturing the subtitles even in this early stage of the sculpting. It shows you've been really studying the mask. Great work so far!

Thanks Juan! In the last year I have really learned a lot, and I notice it while I sculpt, I already have everything in my head! I decided to start from the eyes which in my opinion are a key point! Also because of the clay which for now is not enough for me for the whole mask, so I already start the details before I have the complete shape!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:28 am 

Hello guys! :wink: Here are some new photos of the progress, I concentrated mainly on the face because I ran out of clay! I have already ordered more and it should arrive in a few days! Working on the raised mask on a good base makes a big difference, in the first sculpture I had the base lying down and it was uncomfortable to work on it! As with everything, experience teaches! :ac6

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next