It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: DJ Vader Helmet by Vadermonkey
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:41 pm 

illbethere1 wrote:
I think quite maybe seeing that cast floating around kinda like this one.
Show some respect and take the hat off sir......

ImageImage

LOL

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. But I will leave it at that. This is the reason I havent shown this off yet. Precisely for this reason.

Guys who have no idea what they are looking at and jump to conclusions and start flinging dirt.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:00 pm 

illbethere1 wrote:
I think quite maybe seeing that cast floating around kinda like this one.
Show some respect and take the hat off sir......

ImageImage

How about you show some respect and talk to me before making assumptions and posting.

#1- what I posted is not a copy of an authentic cast, and its actually a direct pull from the US Baker Mold. Already been confirmed and there is provenance that has followed from its previous owners and the artist who made the pull while working at ILM. Not to mention, a lot ( if not all) of the TM owners knew about the existence of this helmet more than a decade ago and who owned it at that time.

#2- Look at the wearers left cheek and you can clearly see, that what you posted did not derive from my helmet. Also the neck line doesn't appear to be the same.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:39 am 

juan7fernandez wrote:
Lurking in the shadows.....

Simply amazing. My hats off to you sir.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:56 pm 

illbethere1 wrote:
Theres no need for apprehension showing this cast..... We're 3 in on the Baker molds so adding 1 more to the list isnt really gonna shock anyone......
It's beginning to be like " Oh ok.... Just another Baker cast again ". I honestly thought or hoped the lurker would of been another UK face with the C to back up the TM since all other UK's lack it currently.

But now that the cats out of the bag, take pics so we can compare ! :cool:
Corona virus has us all stuck in the house for weeks maybe months away from work so I'm gonna have PLENTY of time catching up on the hobby.

Well... You see.... Thats the thing. This is not just another baker casting. The information on this helmet will shock a lot of you ( and piss off some in the mix). Which is why the previous owner wisely kept it quiet.

we are 3 in on the UK mold as well ( TM, TD and GS). So according to you it would be " Just another UK cast" as well. Not sure why anyone would want to back up the C scar on the TM. You've owned TMs. You've seen the lump of added material. By now I was pretty sure it was common knowledge that this was added. Dont get me wrong, I love the TM and everyone knows I'm addicted to the damn thing.

The EFX is so heavily cleaned and sanitized I would barely count it in. Very nice with its overall shape but no details. Now about the other two. One is an amazing helmet but as we al know had some alterations that are very evident and that have been disclosed by its owner. The other is a helmet that has been held in a pedestal for a long time and what people dont realize is that it is covered in lies and deception, and most of it really easy to spot yet somehow everyone bought in to it ( and threw a ton of money at it).

My helmet is NOT perfect, just like every other casting that has come before it. However the information found on it proves and disproves a ton of the information that has been floating around the Vader hobby for ages, and render one very beloved casting absolutely faked.

However this is not the thread for this and we are derailing from the OPs subject. when the time is right, I'll start a separate thread where I can go in to details about my helmet.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:44 pm 

juan7fernandez wrote:
illbethere1 wrote:
Theres no need for apprehension showing this cast..... We're 3 in on the Baker molds so adding 1 more to the list isnt really gonna shock anyone......
It's beginning to be like " Oh ok.... Just another Baker cast again ". I honestly thought or hoped the lurker would of been another UK face with the C to back up the TM since all other UK's lack it currently.

But now that the cats out of the bag, take pics so we can compare ! :cool:
Corona virus has us all stuck in the house for weeks maybe months away from work so I'm gonna have PLENTY of time catching up on the hobby.

Well... You see.... Thats the thing. This is not just another baker casting. The information on this helmet will shock a lot of you ( and piss off some in the mix). Which is why the previous owner wisely kept it quiet.

we are 3 in on the UK mold as well ( TM, TD and GS). So according to you it would be " Just another UK cast" as well. Not sure why anyone would want to back up the C scar on the TM. You've owned TMs. You've seen the lump of added material. By now I was pretty sure it was common knowledge that this was added. Dont get me wrong, I love the TM and everyone knows I'm addicted to the damn thing.

The EFX is so heavily cleaned and sanitized I would barely count it in. Very nice with its overall shape but no details. Now about the other two. One is an amazing helmet but as we al know had some alterations that are very evident and that have been disclosed by its owner. The other is a helmet that has been held in a pedestal for a long time and what people dont realize is that it is covered in lies and deception, and most of it really easy to spot yet somehow everyone bought in to it ( and threw a ton of money at it).

My helmet is NOT perfect, just like every other casting that has come before it. However the information found on it proves and disproves a ton of the information that has been floating around the Vader hobby for ages, and render one very beloved casting absolutely faked.

However this is not the thread for this and we are derailing from the OPs subject. when the time is right, I'll start a separate thread where I can go in to details about my helmet.

You have my attention. I would like to know more.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:24 pm 
Site Admin

Put it in a separate thread as mentioned please Juan.

I’ve known as others have for years about the castings, the stories and what actually happened. Vader politics.
However, while I’ve hinted I’ve personally never wanted to clearly show the flaws because A) the TM as an ESB is a fantastic piece. As ANH it works well but we know it’s strengths/ weaknesses. The SL, again, I had a number of complaints as I’m sure others did but we kept it to ourselves.
I think us hard core enthusiasts are always left frustrated and let’s face it our biggest problems was the variance in castings and the deception of that more so than the altered or removed details. I know exactly what you speak of as many others do. I won’t excuse it but it’s part of the hobby unfortunately. It started from day one with people tampering with stuff when they made castings, for the most part that is...

Reviews statuemodellarge-figure-review-section-vf203.html

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:33 pm 

Awesome that this has come to light

I am not knowledgeable as you guys and haven't been here since the dawn of time like most of you most esteemed experts
but from all the many pages I have read it would be sooo nice to finally have updated and modern definitive answers to some
fundamental Vader questions!

When the time is right Juan can't wait to see that thread

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:28 pm 

juan7fernandez wrote:
Lurking in the shadows.....

This......is going to be juicy. :drool

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:12 pm 

illbethere1 wrote:
We're 3 in on the Baker molds so adding 1 more to the list isnt really gonna shock anyone......

It's beginning to be like " Oh ok.... Just another Baker cast again ".

:hiding

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:39 pm 

Really...come on guys Star Wars is now how old? 43 years.
Does really anybody still care about that secret stuff business.

Well...tell it or leave it to the grave.
Anyhow, it's a nice casting which would look even better with some paint on it.
So paint it have fun with it. :cheers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:19 pm 

Turrican wrote:

I'm right there with you. I'm so over this secrecy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:42 pm 

Turrican wrote:

lol

Come on man, you know better than that.

As for the paint. Would be insane to throw paint over all the details and information on this helmet. I have plenty of fun with it the way it is. :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:26 am 

So far, I haven‘t heard anything new to me :slp :rolleyes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:35 pm 

He was asked by Admin to start a new thread if/when he shares, so we won’t be seeing anything more here.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:01 pm 

vadermania wrote:
So far, I haven‘t heard anything new to me :slp :rolleyes

Nothings been said, so.... yeah..... :slp

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next