It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:04 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Heard From Thomas, SithLord?
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:43 am 
Random avatar

I doubt there is a new maker since customers still waiting for their raw casts and Thomas hasnt been on the boards for about two years now.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:20 pm 

perhaps R2-D2 has part of the map to Thomas?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 3:59 pm 

No new maker as of my last visit with GH. The molds were packed up and ready to go. As far as I know they are still sitting there.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:44 pm 

His non-work email account has been disabled also.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:11 pm 

Well. Shit! That can't be good...

Speaking of breaking the "buyers agreement"...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:16 pm 

I‘ve sent him Happy Birthday greetings on all his email adresses beginning of June and haven‘t heard anything since.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:52 am 

This is nuts. Disappearing is one thing. But when you have money from folks. Wow.

WHAT IS IT WITH PROP COMMUNITY?! WHY DO FOLKS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS BITE OFF WAY MORE THAN THEY CAN DEAL WITH?!

There is some pervasive psychosis particular to this hobby.

I have never done a run of anything because I know that I do not have the time to do it right or wrong or anywhere in between.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:49 am 

darthjones wrote:
This is nuts. Disappearing is one thing. But when you have money from folks. Wow.

WHAT IS IT WITH PROP COMMUNITY?! WHY DO FOLKS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS BITE OFF WAY MORE THAN THEY CAN DEAL WITH?!

I have never done a run of anything because I know that I do not have the time to do it right or wrong or anywhere in between.

Because once you engage in a 'to order' scenario you become a manufacturer of sorts.
Industries that mass produce items have wastage quotas and in many instances insurance to cover
the losses incurred with wastage / errors / delay.

In mass production you are going to have a wastage ratio. Lets say we were making Vader helmets, for every 5 we made we
are probably going to have at least 1 no good casting.

I think people do start with a good intention of completing runs, but the realities swamp them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:55 pm 

HAL9000 wrote:
darthjones wrote:

Because once you engage in a 'to order' scenario you become a manufacturer of sorts.
Industries that mass produce items have wastage quotas and in many instances insurance to cover
the losses incurred with wastage / errors / delay.

In mass production you are going to have a wastage ratio. Lets say we were making Vader helmets, for every 5 we made we
are probably going to have at least 1 no good casting.

I think people do start with a good intention of completing runs, but the realities swamp them.

Its also not so easy to cast a perfect Vaderhelmet.That needs some experience.And if you ruin a mold that costs lots of money. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:43 am 
Random avatar

The mold and casts were made by a skilled guy with much experience. Molding costs and materials are not that expensive in the US. Just raw casts were made, no finish work. So it is certainly not a problem to send out the stuff in time. Thomas simply ripped his customers off. He had nothing to do except to pay for materials and the casters work. About 25 casts were made within nearly a decade and he got 1800 USD for each casts. There is simply NO EXCUSE for his behaviour.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:33 pm 

Does anyone know how much the (um).... the caster.... was being paid to make the SL casts for Thomas's customers?

Unless something has changed since I last heard, I know the caster said he isn't making SL cast anymore, boxed the molds up, and is waiting to ship them to a new maker. ...and he's been waiting for said details on where to ship them.

Would those waiting for the SL casts be willing to pay the previous caster holding the molds an extra $300-$400 to pay for materials and time to finish those last casts, and make good on those last orders?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:44 pm 
Site Admin

Frankly, this doesn't bode well for Thomas. The buyers have already paid what they should to get their stuff, and though I can understand the thoughts of paying a little more to cover the mold makers costs, it's still unfair to both parties - buyer and mold maker.

This really should be handled. Does anyone in the hobby know how to contact Thomas directly to try and get this sorted or at least to find out if anything has happened to cause this delay?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:45 pm 

I've attempted to contact Thomas numerous times but have not heard back from him in 2 1/2 years. Outside of trying to contact him physically -- going to his place of work or home address -- I have no suggestions about how to get a hold of the man. He had a really good thing going and it's aggravating to see him abandon his responsibility to his customers.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:55 am 

The maker is not going to be producing any cats anytime soon. The maker was never told about any other orders and competed is last one in 2017 when I picked it up in person and shipped it off. The caster has moved on from Vader for the time being. It’s been a few years now.

Mario J.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:58 pm 

I appreciate the support guys. Sorry to report that nothing has progressed.

I did send another email to Thomas at his Harvard and Partners email addresses. I copied some of his associates asking for assistance in reaching out to him. Also emailed Steve, just in case.

December 5th will be 1,000 days since payment was sent. It’s also been over a year since his last email. Not much of an update, just some fun stats!

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next