It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:01 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: ROTJ saber hook help
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:36 am 
Random avatar

Not only the color, the style. The hook in the costume book is a different style from ESB/ANH and a different style from the belt used in the pickup scene.

Like any good journalist used to know, you don’t have proof until you have two sources. The only pic that exists is in the costume book, on a belt that wasn’t on Prowse. We “could” call that one source. It’s not proof until there are two sources. One could easily be an anomaly or one-off.

There has to be another picture out there. They must have taken hundreds of photos on the set for continuity and for nostalgia as this was the “last” Star Wars movie.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:27 pm 

We have no reason to think the belt in the book was not Prowse worn. The boxes are 100% screen used down to the different shades of green on the light covers and the placement of the incised lines match on screen. It's a Prowse belt. There is no contradictory evidence that says it's not. The no stud is not good enough. It's a 40year old belt damage happens, it could have been removed or cut off to fit smaller people for touring.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:02 am 

I believe the belt in the book is representative of the main ROTJ screen used belt. The snap could easily be hidden behind the buckle.

How did Chris come to tour the Archives?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:34 am 
Random avatar

Midnight Trooper wrote:
I believe the belt in the book is representative of the main ROTJ screen used belt. The snap could easily be hidden behind the buckle.

It can’t be the screen used belt. The way it was connected was the belt part went behind the forward facing belt. Then that Chicago screw/rivet/stud went THROUGH the belt and connected into the holes on the belt. So without the rivet there, there should be a hole. There isn’t a hole.

Chris never said how he got to go there. And he wasn’t allowed to take pictures. But he got to see the screen used cape and robe and the belt that was used in that pickup shot, among other things.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:47 am 
Random avatar

As we can see from the picture on the other page, they had at least 6 full suits made in that picture. I wouldn’t doubt the costumes book belt is in that picture. But it can’t be a Prowse belt because of the lack of the Chicago screw.

6 sets. 1 for Prowse. 1 for Anderson. 1 for Shaw. 1 stunt belt for pickup shots. 2 tour suit belts/backups. Was Kermit still doing appearances through ROTJ? Maybe they would have sent him one of the belts and maybe he took some pictures of it.

Someone should ask him.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:00 am 

JSmails wrote:
Midnight Trooper wrote:

It can’t be the screen used belt. The way it was connected was the belt part went behind the forward facing belt. Then that Chicago screw/rivet/stud went THROUGH the belt and connected into the holes on the belt. So without the rivet there, there should be a hole. There isn’t a hole.

Chris never said how he got to go there. And he wasn’t allowed to take pictures. But he got to see the screen used cape and robe and the belt that was used in that pickup shot, among other things.

I think you're wanting that belt not be screen used because there is no stude. It's old and broke. To much other detail matches.

Not one single person is agreeing with you as far as I know. So it's time to realize that it's a screen used belt.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:18 pm 
Site Admin

The picture on the previous page has been confirmed to be tour costumes with 1 original screen used helmet and possibly other screen used parts.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:23 pm 

No Humor Man wrote:
The picture on the previous page has been confirmed to be tour costumes with 1 original screen used helmet and possibly other screen used parts.

So are you saying that belt in discussion is a tour belt?

If so I need sources! Lol. It looks exactly like the screen belt minus the stud.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:06 am 
Site Admin

JSmails wrote:

This pic.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:01 am 

No Humor Man wrote:
JSmails wrote:

This pic.

Ah yes. That's all touring pieces. The helmet with the step ring may be screen used.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:07 am 

Again as a reminder there is matching detail, line placement on belt and off set color on green covers. And the fact that all touring boxes have squares instead of rectangles. To much matches. This IS Prowses belt. Please don't be ignorant to what I'm presenting. Forget the missing stud.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:29 am 

Well this is interesting conundrum in my ever search to perfect my ROTJ Vader this has caught my interest

Well I agree with Jsmails one cannot in terms of empirical evidence jump to conclusions merely based on circumstantial evidence

on the ROTJ belt their was a rivet next to the buckle and that photo shows no sign that the rivet was on the belt
unless the buckle is covering the rivet as Vader45 is claiming

and in the pursuit of truth the ONUS always falls on the one making the claim to prove said claim
and thus it falls on Vader45 to prove definitely the belt in question is the ROTJ screen used
for as I see it the book might be mistaken as when I looked into it this belt might be the ESB belt used in certain scenes
as I did find some images of the belt with a black saber hook in the scene where han is frozen in carbonite

which looks like this belt on vader as one might say but the ESB belt was heavily weathered but not in all scenes
which one can thus see different belts where used and the esb belt lacks the rivet

only my 2 cent's I might be wrong ofcourse

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:24 pm 

I posted my evidence with matching detail between this belt and the rotj belt. The stud is not gospel when other detail matches. I have nothing more to say.

I'm out.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:45 pm 
Random avatar

Darth Africanus wrote:
Well this is interesting conundrum in my ever search to perfect my ROTJ Vader this has caught my interest

Well I agree with Jsmails one cannot in terms of empirical evidence jump to conclusions merely based on circumstantial evidence

on the ROTJ belt their was a rivet next to the buckle and that photo shows no sign that the rivet was on the belt
unless the buckle is covering the rivet as Vader45 is claiming

and in the pursuit of truth the ONUS always falls on the one making the claim to prove said claim
and thus it falls on Vader45 to prove definitely the belt in question is the ROTJ screen used
for as I see it the book might be mistaken as when I looked into it this belt might be the ESB belt used in certain scenes
as I did find some images of the belt with a black saber hook in the scene where han is frozen in carbonite

which looks like this belt on vader as one might say but the ESB belt was heavily weathered but not in all scenes
which one can thus see different belts where used and the esb belt lacks the rivet

only my 2 cent's I might be wrong ofcourse

You are correct. The belt in the costumes book can’t be screen used. It is likely a tour belt. There is no Chicago screw. The rivet/Chicago screw they used is HUGE. There is no way it’s “hiding” behind the buckle.

I would like someone to produce ONE behind the scenes picture of the ROTJ saber hook. It’s amazing there isn’t one, considering there were THREE different Vaders in ROTJ.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:50 pm 

Why are you ignoring the matching detail I present? I have more evidence it's screen used then you do for it not being screen used. You need to put more effort into this and go beyond the stud. Quit being stubborn. If you can Garner better proof I'll eat my words. At this point no stud isn't good enough.

I bet you will come in here and repeat yourself like you have been so far.

Profile E-mail