It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: Has Anyone Heard From Thomas, SithLord?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:32 am 
Random avatar

Wherever you go....always the same story. Good in taking your hard earned money but not delivering stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:29 pm 

I am surprised. He was active for years with no issues like this and always answered questions eventually. I know his new job/career was pretty hectic but that was a few years ago. Unless he has some serious health or job demands, I would be very surprised if he does not fulfill the order, but two years is nuts.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:48 pm 
Random avatar

Two years for a simple raw cast is insane but i can easily top the waiting time for a prop with 5 years :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:03 am 
Site Admin

He hasn't been online on the forum for about that time either and I haven't talked with him outside the forum either, through e-mail, so I have no clue what's going on with him. Hope he's all right and hope he'll respond soon to sort this out and send people what they are owed.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:16 pm 

Indeed. I hope he turns up and sends it. Somewhat related story: there are a group of at least 25 Indiana Jones aficionados who ordered fine felt fedoras at $360 each in 2007 and 2008 from Steve Delk/Adventurebilt (maker of the screen hats for Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls) and never received them, myself included. Since then and even now he is still accepting and shipping new hat orders. He just decided to screw most of the buyers from that one period. It's a mess and we will never get our hats, but the critical lesson I've learned over twenty years of online collecting/buying is always file the paypal undelivered claim within the allowed period, no exceptions, even if I know the seller personally. But it took a few burns for me to really follow that lesson.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:36 pm 

belloq wrote:
Indeed. I hope he turns up and sends it. Somewhat related story: there are a group of at least 25 Indiana Jones aficionados who ordered fine felt fedoras at $360 each in 2007 and 2008 from Steve Delk/Adventurebilt (maker of the screen hats for Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls) and never received them, myself included. Since then and even now he is still accepting and shipping new hat orders. He just decided to screw most of the buyers from that one period. It's a mess and we will never get our hats, but the critical lesson I've learned over twenty years of online collecting/buying is always file the paypal undelivered claim within the allowed period, no exceptions, even if I know the seller personally. But it took a few burns for me to really follow that lesson.

This is disheartening to hear. Has this detail been spread around on the Indy Facebook Groups and Club Obi Wan? It should be pinned to the top of the COW page, in hopes of people would stop orders. Put that ass out of business.

I'm hoping to get my Indy fedora this year - likely an HJ Beaver Poet. :)

All that said, I still have a former boss from many years ago who bounced my last paycheck. I will never see that $1800. Sometimes you can't do anything but cut your losses and "Move along"... :pale

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:48 pm 

Don't want to derail too much but yeah, that's all been done. Everyone has lost hope and moved on, though there is still a private facebook group we use. COW were very friendly to him and it took forever, but after much persuasion, COW finally banned him as a bad seller a couple of years ago. But Penman uses the Adventurebilt name and site now, so beware. I am looking at HJ again too. Back on topic- I really hope and expect Thomas will come through. I hope he's OK. In my opinion, not delivering would be out of character.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:09 am 

Man, that’s hard to hear also. I have an Adventurebuilt Indy Fedora from Penman.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:14 pm 

Full disclosure, I did hear from him in October. We exchanged several pleasant emails and I received a $100 refund with the note below. I was just hoping someone might have a reliable way to contact him because I have not heard from him in a few months. There were some personal issues he said he had gone through in 2017, which I won’t post, but he appeared to be in better spirits in October.

I’ll continue to wait it out! I still need an ANH raw cast to go alongside my TM and CFO.

“Note from Thomas Diefenbach:
First payment for refund of SLANH helmet with $____ still owed. I plan to pay you back when I can so you don't have to keep waiting. Once I have an SL ANH for you ready, you can pay me when that time comes. Sorry for the long wait.
Sincerely, Thomas”

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:57 am 

I've known Thomas for many years, he's a good guy, he will come through.

Life happens.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:23 am 
Random avatar

Me too Alan but it is just about a few simple raw casts. That doesnt cost much money or time and he doesnt have to do them himself. No excuse for that.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:38 am 

Feels like it won’t produce any results, but has anyone hear from him in the past few months? Radio silence for quite a while now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 10:06 pm 

Wasn’t GH making the casts for him?

If so perhaps you could contact GH direct.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 5:01 am 

Before Thomas disappeared GH had informed him he was stepping away from the Vader community. Thomas informed GH someone else would be casting the SL. GH packed up the SL mold and that is the last GH has had to do with the SL. GH has not had contact with Thomas since he disappeared.

This was about a year ago when this all took place.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:34 am 

chingonaz0 wrote:
Before Thomas disappeared GH had informed him he was stepping away from the Vader community. Thomas informed GH someone else would be casting the SL. GH packed up the SL mold and that is the last GH has had to do with the SL. GH has not had contact with Thomas since he disappeared.

This was about a year ago when this all took place.

Oh okay.

So does anyone know who the new maker is?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next