It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:12 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:13 pm 
Site Admin

As promised, here are pictures of my Royal Guard and Darth Maul - better late than never... this whole switching servers seriously knocked my shit! :lol

Image Image

May take some more pictures later... but now I have to go eat dinner! :thumbsup

Last edited by Too Much Garlic on Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:23 pm 
Site Admin

Both very nice, but that RG.........oh my......Image

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:26 pm 

I agree, the Royal Guard statue is great, I'm very glad I got one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:34 am 
Random avatar

Having a small Royal Guard focus, I had to have one of the statues.

When I saw it on-line first I didn't like it, but when I got one, its better in the flesh so to speak, even though it has a few faults.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am 
Site Admin

I would definitely have painted it differently if it had come as a kit. The cloak just doesn't look like fabric or cloth, but painted plastic - too shiny.

But a cool statue nonetheless. Really hope the new ESB Vader will be cool. Man... looking forward to seeing pictures of that helmet!!! :thumbsup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:51 pm 
Random avatar

NoHumorMan wrote:
The cloak just doesn't look like fabric or cloth, but painted plastic - too shiny.

well I was thinking the faults were his red boots and the fact he has one shoulder wider than the other

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:41 am 
Random avatar

Hi, have a look at this

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?imag ... statue.jpg

Looks awesome i think and something special, not like the most of the other vader stuff. Hope they will show more pictures in the next days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:47 am 

That's a bigger picture than I'd seen. For now I've skipped this piece due to price, but I pre-ordered most of the other SW stuff they made available today (from NorthSideCollectibles.com and RazorsEdgeCollectibles.com): Royal Guard and Senate Guard mini busts, Boba Fett and TIE Fighter Pilot Classic busts, and the Ringwraith on Steed Animated Maquette.
End of the year is going to busy with GG stuff again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:57 am 
Random avatar

For me thats a must buy. It's not like most of the other Vader stuff you can get, something really special. Hope it won't be cost too much for my wallet. What you think about the details? Looks very accurate for me. Better than most of the other busts or statues

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:03 am 

I don't really know enough about the intricacies of the different Vader suits to comment much on it's accuracy. I can't tell if the mask has the two-tone paint job on it, and if it doesn't, then I'll consider the statue to be seriously lacking, as that's become my favorite detail of the suit - the VCD Vader is one of my favorite Vader items because it has it.

Anyway, it's available for pre-order direct from GG for $200, or for $160 from North Side Collectibles, and $155 from Razor's Edge Collectibles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:30 am 
Random avatar

For me the whole look of the statue must fit. If there are little things which are not perfectly accurate, its not a drama for me. I like the pose as i like this scene in the film. Its good to see a vader without lightsaber or in a dynamic pose. The price is o.k. Hope i be able to save the money for it.

I have the VCD, too. I like them very much although they are not as accurate as the other stuff but i have much fun to have a look at them. Its something special too. Next of them is the Royal Guard, great lookin too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:25 pm 
Site Admin

Pre-ordered... this one I just gotta have! :thumbsup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:46 pm 
Random avatar

Although its not an ANH vader from GG, it seems you are very happy with it Carsten :toothy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:50 pm 
Site Admin

Well, better ESB than nothing... and what has been out before just sucked bomb... ANH would have been killer... especially the Tantive IV stance! :lol

Though, from the angle in the picture it looks as if his proportions are off... but I'm waiting until better pictures surface. Really hope they go with the two-tone paint scheme for the helmet... it would be a waste otherwise - to go to such lengths to get the costume, etc. right and then blow it on that. Will probably get it even if it wasn't two-tone... I can always repaint the critter.

What sucks about this is that it is taking money from other planned purchases... but oh well... gotta prioritize what I want and what I can afford! :thumbsup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:06 pm 
Random avatar

A correct two-tone paint scheme would be great, but in case of statues im not a perfectionist. It should looking cool and it looks cool. Cant wait to see it lighted up in my showcase, room lights dimmed down. Thats it for me.

But i understand your problem. Everytime i saved some money for my Vader or Boba project, GG or SS bring out something i wanna have for every price.

Damn if you want to collect props and statues, especially if you have a small wallet like me :lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next