It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:10 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Vader helmet upgrade
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:52 pm 
Random avatar

Hello friends, as some of you already know, I have decided to give a good update of my Vader costume. The first thing is to remove my helmet from Master Replicas and Rubies, as well as the two armors and replace them. Among all sellers it seems that the ones that attract me the most are Bookface, CFO, JMC, Kent Stone.

I have read in this same forum that a member received a Bookface helmet with problems of twisted mask and incorrect position of the dome, which I had to solve by putting a couple of tissues between dome and mask. Terrible.
CFO I really like but the fact that the bill in pounds makes the price rise in euros.

I like JMC a lot because of its magnet system, but he does not answer the emails or Facebook and I do not know how to contact him.

I need opinions from these vendors. Thank you

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Vader helmet upgrade
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:48 pm 

dekion wrote:
Hello friends, as some of you already know, I have decided to give a good update of my Vader costume. The first thing is to remove my helmet from Master Replicas and Rubies, as well as the two armors and replace them. Among all sellers it seems that the ones that attract me the most are Bookface, CFO, JMC, Kent Stone.

I have read in this same forum that a member received a Bookface helmet with problems of twisted mask and incorrect position of the dome, which I had to solve by putting a couple of tissues between dome and mask. Terrible.
CFO I really like but the fact that the bill in pounds makes the price rise in euros.

I like JMC a lot because of its magnet system, but he does not answer the emails or Facebook and I do not know how to contact him.

I need opinions from these vendors. Thank you

Of all these issues you listed, the least problematic seems to be CFO. The issue you have with it is price - but a higher quality item is going to have a higher price. There isn't a better Vader helmet being made for the general public than CFO's ROTJ helmet. ...and wouldn't the currency conversion rate issue with CFO also affect the Quasimodo helmet?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:40 pm 
Site Admin

Of the four mentioned, CFO is in a different league than the rest, which also has an effect on the price. That's the difference between high end and the rest - high end referring to lineage, not quality. That's not to say that the work of the others isn't good, far from it as from what I've heard they all create excellent pieces, with lots of attention to details and quality and paintwork.

It all depends on what you want.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:50 pm 

As mentioned. CFO is the top dog as far as ROTJ goes. You can not get any better than this. I paid $1500 for mine and received copy number 9. Do I regret it? Not one single penny.

Here is word of wisdom: higher price does not mean higher quality. The price for the CFO is mainly due to it's lineage being off an original lfl made cast from the UK molds. Truth be told out of all the paint jobs I seen in person Marks was the most flawed. JMC, Portumac Bookface and SLD member are way more experienced and provided an automotive pristine finish. Mark had said that painting is not a strong point for him and I noticed once I received the helmet. This is not a knock at his work. It's far better then I could ever conjour up and still looks sexy sitting on my shelf. My point is that higher price does not always mean better finish or higher quality.

Quasimodo is a nice upgrade from Rubies and is a quality piece but it truly lacks accuracy if that is a concern of yours. JMC used the DP DLX to modd from so his are a bit more accurate but still not 100% that comes with the CFO.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:37 am 
Site Admin

Just to comment on paint jobs. Pristine finish is not accurate and from what I've seen CFO goes for the more accurate look over idealized. I never understood why people want Vader to have a pristine mirror finish, when that's not how the real props were done.