It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: Darth Vader ANH Dome Mount
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:31 pm 
Random avatar

When I had Dave finish my SL, I found some vintage 3M tabs and asked him to do the tab connectors to keep it as accurate as possible to the screen used helmet.

It is a bitch to properly line the tabs up to connect the mask to the dome, but once it's connected, it's a pretty solid connection....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:48 am 
Random avatar

edraven99 wrote:
When I had Dave finish my SL, I found some vintage 3M tabs and asked him to do the tab connectors to keep it as accurate as possible to the screen used helmet.

It is a bitch to properly line the tabs up to connect the mask to the dome, but once it's connected, it's a pretty solid connection....

Do u hav pics ?
Would be nice to see
Thbks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:56 pm 

Slightly OT, but I was speaking with Kermit Eller recently about the original ANH costume (which was of course also used as the first Tour Vader), he said what an absolute nightmare it was getting the helmet on correctly, so all the tabs lined up.

He had a helper with him (obviously) but he said on occasions it could take over 10 minutes to get everything lined up properly. People thoug Vader was being 'fashionably late' when in reality it was just them trying to get his lid on!

Cheers

Jez

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:20 pm 

Thanks Jez -- that's hilarious! I don't doubt that at all. So many questions I'd like to ask Mr Eller. Do you think he'd be open for another interview? I expect he's sick of talking about the suit by now.

I've installed a few tab systems and they are a nightmare to get to work. I usually try and move people over to the ESB style tube solution.

Cheers,

Dave

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:53 pm 

dcarty wrote:
Thanks Jez -- that's hilarious! I don't doubt that at all. So many questions I'd like to ask Mr Eller. Do you think he'd be open for another interview? I expect he's sick of talking about the suit by now.

I've installed a few tab systems and they are a nightmare to get to work. I usually try and move people over to the ESB style tube solution.

Cheers,

Dave

Not sure if I’ll get the opportunity or not as it was for a specific job I was working on a couple of months ago. If the opportunity offers itself in Jan/Feb id certainly be happy to ask him anything you want. If so send me an email with questions (Jez at mywebsitename) and I’ll do my best.

Cheers

Jez

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:36 pm 

Star Wars Helmets wrote:
Not sure if I’ll get the opportunity or not as it was for a specific job I was working on a couple of months ago. If the opportunity offers itself in Jan/Feb id certainly be happy to ask him anything you want. If so send me an email with questions (Jez at mywebsitename) and I’ll do my best.

Cheers

Jez

Thank you Jez,

That's very generous of you! I'll put together some questions in an email.

Dave