It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:13 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: The GS ROTJ Vader helmet owned by original crew member
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:09 pm 

Well i think there are no secrets anymore.
Which secrets you want to know or looking for in special?
I think no one is posting pic's anymore as it's still all there.
Everything is written on different boards.

The details on the GS and the TM face are nearly the same as they came both from the same master mould.
Some are softer here or sharper there. That's all.But that also differs from casting to casting.
Watched several TM's, SL's and also GS's, also compared them side by side and each one was a bit different through casting differences.
Even for example 3 TM's side by side from the same run were bit different compared to each other.
And if those are painted it's even more nuts to compare details.
So what in general are you searching for?

The GS is a really nice helmet and both the 1:1 copy and the JEDI casts are nicely done.
The raw cast is nice to watch and compare to the (as it seems) original AnH mask which Mr. Grunberg has in his collection.
If you have to book "Objekt de Myth" you can compare those scratches and dents.
More details you just can compare, if you would watch the real deal with your own eyes.
As nobody ever took more pic's of it instead those which are shown in the book.
I don't think that there is much more to tell about that as it's everything there now.

I also have some decent number of authentic castings, but i see no need to take 100 pic's of each helmet and put those online.
I think 99% of the people also would not really care about those. So why do the work?
For 2 or 3 guys which not want to use the "google search" ?

I think regarding that stuff in gerneral, time has changed. You can buy the most star wars stuff ever in history currently,but most of the guys still have everything the want.
Counts for me,too.I have everything i ever wanted. I not need a second or a third ESB helmet which just look the same as the other stuff i have.
If you take a look on the propboards,it seems the most of the guys are sated as well.

Could also be a reason cause nobody is posting any pic's, ....as it's still there.
Bit different but it's there.

Just my view.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:11 pm 

I am soo excited that i am getting near to owning a copy of this sexy helmet! I paid Mark for a full completed helmet and boy it was not cheap but worth every-single cent I put towards it(even the extra fees Paypal ripped me off for when converting my money to pounds). Now all I have to do is wait for Mark to finish my cast and then the beast is mine! Im soo excited!

I will be showing off this helmet completely in full detail. I have only seen one photo outside of Mark's photos.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:26 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, when paying through Paypal, never let them handle the conversion. Always let your bank do that and simply pay in the currency the recipient asks for.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:07 pm 

Turrican wrote:

The details on the GS and the TM face are nearly the same as they came both from the same master mould.
Some are softer here or sharper there. That's all.But that also differs from casting to casting.
Watched several TM's, SL's and also GS's, also compared them side by side and each one was a bit different through casting differences.
Even for example 3 TM's side by side from the same run were bit different compared to each other.

The GS is a really nice helmet and both the 1:1 copy and the JEDI casts are nicely done.
The raw cast is nice to watch and compare to the (as it seems) original AnH mask which Mr. Grunberg has in his collection.
More details you just can compare, if you would watch the real deal with your own eyes.
I don't think that there is much more to tell about that as it's everything there now.

I also have some decent number of authentic castings, but i see no need to take 100 pic's of each helmet and put those online.
I think 99% of the people also would not really care about those. So why do the work?

I think regarding that stuff in gerneral, time has changed. You can buy the most star wars stuff ever in history currently,but most of the guys still have everything the want.
Counts for me,too.I have everything i ever wanted. I not need a second or a third ESB helmet which just look the same as the other stuff i have.
If you take a look on the propboards,it seems the most of the guys are sated as well.

Could also be a reason cause nobody is posting any pic's, ....as it's still there.

Just my view.

Considering I've already taken a good number of photos of my TM when it was a RAW cast, I believe there are a good number of Vader fans that would LOVE to see the detail that was preserved in those photos. It's pretty damn cool... especially with good dramatic lighting. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:28 pm 

No Humor Man wrote:
Yeah, when paying through Paypal, never let them handle the conversion. Always let your bank do that and simply pay in the currency the recipient asks for.

This was the first for me for paying in pounds. I had no idea that Paypal wanted so much in fees for converting. I gave them a total of $115 in fees alone. I will never have them do it again. what a ripp off. If I had known ahead of time I would have done it differently.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:31 pm 

craigjohn wrote:
Turrican wrote:

Just my view.

Considering I've already taken a good number of photos of my TM when it was a RAW cast, I believe there are a good number of Vader fans that would LOVE to see the detail that was preserved in those photos. It's pretty damn cool... especially with good dramatic lighting. :wink:

The thing is, if these photos do exist why cant anybody just post them up when needed for conversation? That I do not get. Its not exactly easy to find the ones needed for the current conversation. I would have to sort through all the old threads just to find a photo. So like I said when these discussions come up those supposedly existing photos should be posted up instead of saying "I will not take any new photos of my helmet" or something like that.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:15 pm 

You have all permission to post up any photo of the CfO GS helmets.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:08 pm 

vader45 wrote:
I am soo excited that i am getting near to owning a copy of this sexy helmet! I paid Mark for a full completed helmet and boy it was not cheap but worth every-single cent I put towards it(even the extra fees Paypal ripped me off for when converting my money to pounds). Now all I have to do is wait for Mark to finish my cast and then the beast is mine! Im soo excited!

I will be showing off this helmet completely in full detail. I have only seen one photo outside of Mark's photos.

I'm sure you will be very happy with this one.
It's indeed a beauty.
:cheers

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:04 pm 
Random avatar

An update on the gs vader. Due to a breakdown in trust going back to November last year, the casting of the "as is" vader by cfo has come to an end. As far as I am aware there were 22 casts sold and 1 dome.
I have the original silicone moulds at home but not the fibreglass jackets.
I have asked Mark not to reproduce,recast or rework anything associated with the gs vader in the future. ie: no ANH or ESB helmets.
The reworked Jedi helmets are unaffected.
I know there is no law to stop anyone recasting but I hope Mark respects my wishes.

“Beware the person that stabs you and then tells the world they’re bleeding!”

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:57 pm 

VaderUK wrote:
An update on the gs vader. Due to a breakdown in trust going back to November last year, the casting of the "as is" vader by cfo has come to an end. As far as I am aware there were 22 casts sold and 1 dome.
I have the original silicone moulds at home but not the fibreglass jackets.
I have asked Mark not to reproduce,recast or rework anything associated with the gs vader in the future. ie: no ANH or ESB helmets.
The reworked Jedi helmets are unaffected.
I know there is no law to stop anyone recasting but I hope Mark respects my wishes.

“Beware the person that stabs you and then tells the world they’re bleeding!”

Wow. I'm curious as to what happened. I'm sure Mark was not part of it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:24 pm 

:eek
What does this mean for the future of the GS helmet?
Will the project move to someone else?
Can CFO still cast and sell Jedi helmets?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:20 pm 

Greg does not have the rights to use my moulds. I own all rights to the moulds I paid to have made.

As far as other versions.

Greg, I quote in your own words.

“The present Trilogy series you are working on belongs to you with no future liability or obligation to me whatsoever.”

I see this has changed since you didn’t get your way despite me being very clear and precise in my wording of the FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT.

I have met all your terms and paid all monies owed. You are the only person that has broken the agreement.

Threatening to send a third party to my family home to get the moulds was a step too far.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: The GS ROTJ Vader helmet owned by original crew member
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:03 pm 

Being that there’s more to the story, maybe you can explain why the trust broke down, and how Mark stabbed you in the back.

Mark has an impeccable reputation in the community.

You have a rather greedy reputation, based on our conversations alone. Then you throw in: you threatening Mark and his family.

I stand by Mark.

....You’re a real piece of work, Greg.

Last edited by craigjohn on Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:22 am 
Random avatar

No fucking doubts that Mark is telling the true story. If you can trust one person within the hobby its certainly Mark.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:41 am 
Random avatar

Thank you for your kind words Craigjohn. You do not even know me.
The collection by a third party was the terms set out before a letter before court action. The moulds as far as I was concerned were some 4hrs from Marks address. The moulds were for surety of payment. The moulds would have been collected by courier or a friend but not by me.
I know Mark is held in high regard. As for the statement regarding his exclusive rights to moulds. It was if he agreed to my terms, which also meant me forfeiting £5500. There is a lot more to this than anyone realises but I can go into it when I have more time. I will state that I have 100% proof that I was deceived .

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next