It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Glenn Beck's Darth Vader Helmet
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:02 pm 

First things first, at the moment I'm not sure I'm posting this thread in the right section of the forum since it's a question I have to ask.
I've been surfing over Instagram, looking for #darthvaderhelmet and I landed over this video : https://www.instagram.com/p/BcbHCKRAe2r/
The man (I don't know who he is) claims to have tried the "original" Darth Vader helmet from 1977, which belong to Glenn Beck (I don't know who he is either, I'm european). We all know that the real face mask is in the hands of Arnaud Grunberg & Patrice Girod (SW - Objets du Mythe).
Well, I thought "It can not be that one since we have pictures of the real one". So I dropped.

Then I saw it a second time. Who the hell is Glenn Beck. So I've googled him and his Darth Vader helmet and there are 2 pictures of it over his Facebook :
Attachment:
GlennBeckVader1.jpg
Attachment:
GlennBeckVader2.jpg
Attachment:
GlennBeckVader3.jpg

I don't know all the little details of ANH Vader (yet) but I'm not familiar with the dome mount on the forehead of the mask.
Then I found this video where, again, somebody else tries the helmet, but without really paying attention to the "original helmet" as he claims. No gloves to take it, no stand to drap it. And the story he tells is weird. It doesn't make any sense to me : http://www.theblaze.com/video/watch-a-fond-farewell-to-dana-loesch-from-all-of-us-at-the-blaze

So guys, is it a touring helmet, or a fan-made that looks aged enough to be mistaken to the real deal ?
What do you think about it ?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Glenn Beck's Darth Vader Helmet
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:30 pm 

Looks like it might be the "Father" or of the same lineage as the Fiberdyne. What's most interesting is the it appears to actually have the "clutch" thingy on the forehead as a separate piece where it is part of the casting on other copies. Looks like a very clean casting too.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:36 pm 
Site Admin

Don't know the guy or his story or how he acquired that helmet, but it's a Jeff/GH/Fyberdyne lineage helmet and not from the set of ANH or direct lineage.

Have no clue what that brow spacer is... but this helmet could potentially be the master source for the Fyberdyne helmets!? Just speculating here.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:55 pm 

No Humor Man wrote:
Don't know the guy or his story or how he acquired that helmet, but it's a Jeff/GH/Fyberdyne lineage helmet and not from the set of ANH or direct lineage.

Have no clue what that brow spacer is... but this helmet could potentially be the master source for the Fyberdyne helmets!? Just speculating here.

It looks like a kitchen cabinet door catch.

- Mac
( Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sculptingvader/ )

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:45 pm 
Random avatar

This looks like the helmet, armor and chestbox that sold in the screenused auction in early 2017!

Which at the time people also mentioned as being from the same source as the fyberdyne helmet.

Glenn Beck is a political commentator, had radioshows in the US.

Anyway now we know who shilled out all that money for the helmet etc :).

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:51 pm 

Thank you for the information ;) now it's clear
What pisses me off is that Glenn Beck is telling everyone that it was THE helmet [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:55 pm 
Random avatar

folkypatrol wrote:
What pisses me off is that Glenn Beck is telling everyone that it was THE helmet [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Actually I was mistaken it was Profiles in History,
The auction catalogue was misinformed as well. As the helmet wasn't production made. And the chestbox was a tour one too..

For the amount of money that he paid for them ( he is a millionaire) he might want to brag that it is indeed that :P

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:09 am 
Site Admin

folkypatrol wrote:

Well, reality doesn't change no matter how much you wish for it. He sadly doesn't have anything original from the movies.

Post subject: Glenn Beck's Darth Vader Helmet
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:43 am 

No Humor Man wrote:
Well, reality doesn't change no matter how much you wish for it. He sadly doesn't have anything original from the movies.

Well perhaps that’s what he paid for, but not what he got...[smirk]

Profile E-mail