It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:07 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: Rogue One Darth Vader helmet discussion
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:42 pm 

craigjohn wrote:
Not that I'm overly displeased with the way the R1 Vader turned out, but why-oh-why couldn't Vader look like this throughout the whole movie?

He looks like the Notre Dame hunchback in Vader disguise... :dope

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Rogue One Darth Vader helmet discussion
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:56 pm 

Is that a screenshot from R0?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:42 pm 
Random avatar

banthapoodoo wrote:
Is that a screenshot from R0?
is what ? :) the screencaps from the past few pages are caps from the movie and the small youtube featurette that was released last week.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:25 am 

craigjohn wrote:
Not that I'm overly displeased with the way the R1 Vader turned out, but why-oh-why couldn't Vader look like this throughout the whole movie?

^ This one ^

If it is from Rogue One, it does look more ANH-ish. I would attribute it to the overhead lighting. But also looks like he's got a full diaper that The Emperor needs to change. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:40 pm 

A user named FaceofVader in the rebelscum board posted a really interesting story about the screen used R1 helmet.
Hope he don't mind if i share that here also.
If yes, please let me know and i will remove it.

Link:
http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.p ... 539&page=3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gino View Post
The R1 Vader helmet was made by using one of my old vader helmets that was lent to the production by a crew member, then it was modified into what you see on screen.

This is not in fact the case. I've spoken to two people involved with Rogue One, one of whom worked in the props department. The face came from a fan made helmet that was owned by one of the propmakers, and the dome came from some other helmet, though the source is not certain.

I also spoke to the crew member that Gino has mentioned. He confirmed that he did loan two ANH helmets to the production and was asked if they could be moulded. He said yes, but wasn't able to confirm that either of them were actually used. He did say that the dome from the Gino helmet was definitely not moulded in the end. This is straight from Gino's own source. The only parts he was certain were used that he provided was - Chest box, belt boxes and other belt greeblies.

As I mentioned, my own source was able to confirm that the face was not from Gino's helmet, and was based on a fan made helmet. Face and dome were 3D scanned to be cleaned up in certain areas and then printed. He wasn't all that keen on the changes made, but I think the feeling was that HD cameras pick up so much detail they wanted to remove the more obvious blemishes while leaving the asymmetric look.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:26 pm 

Turrican wrote:
A user named FaceofVader in the rebelscum board posted a really interesting story about the screen used R1 helmet.
Hope he don't mind if i share that here also.
If yes, please let me know and i will remove it.

Link:
http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.p ... 539&page=3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gino View Post
The R1 Vader helmet was made by using one of my old vader helmets that was lent to the production by a crew member, then it was modified into what you see on screen.

This is not in fact the case. I've spoken to two people involved with Rogue One, one of whom worked in the props department. The face came from a fan made helmet that was owned by one of the propmakers, and the dome came from some other helmet, though the source is not certain.

I also spoke to the crew member that Gino has mentioned. He confirmed that he did loan two ANH helmets to the production and was asked if they could be moulded. He said yes, but wasn't able to confirm that either of them were actually used. He did say that the dome from the Gino helmet was definitely not moulded in the end. This is straight from Gino's own source. The only parts he was certain were used that he provided was - Chest box, belt boxes and other belt greeblies.

As I mentioned, my own source was able to confirm that the face was not from Gino's helmet, and was based on a fan made helmet. Face and dome were 3D scanned to be cleaned up in certain areas and then printed. He wasn't all that keen on the changes made, but I think the feeling was that HD cameras pick up so much detail they wanted to remove the more obvious blemishes while leaving the asymmetric look.

You know that's bookface right? And I have a source from the RPF that told me exactly what fan made it was. He and the person who sculpted it wish to remain anonymous right now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:11 am 

Nope, didn't know that. But good to know now.
And good to know which helmet is was than. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:00 pm 

Thanks for the link to the RS thread.

:thumbsup

Last edited by craigjohn on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:01 pm 

deleted.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:58 pm 

C scar:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:06 pm 
Random avatar

The helmet just looks too full, too curved......my daughter thought Vader looked "fat" when we saw R1 at the cinema.......

They actually painted a C Scar? Sheesh, when there's so much more they could have done to accurize the helmet? They thought, let's Sharpie a C Scar, that'll give him that "authentic" look!

Rich

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:56 pm 
Random avatar

That helmet wasn't in the rest of the movie. That looks to be from a deleted scene. I had seen promo image where the helmet had what looked like a c scar. But it was more subtle. I think it looks awful in that shot...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:21 pm 

I'm just happy they went back to the two tone paint scheme, instead of all black (ROTS). LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:17 am 

Darctic wrote:
That helmet wasn't in the rest of the movie. That looks to be from a deleted scene.

Then what should we call it? The boarding party helmet?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:59 am 

TheIronGAMING wrote:
Darctic wrote:
That helmet wasn't in the rest of the movie. That looks to be from a deleted scene.

Then what should we call it? The boarding party helmet?

Btw. Iron Gaming, may i can ask you who are you?
I see you are new here to the board, so how did you make it over to here?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next