It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: Vader measurements?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:13 am 

Let's stay on topic regarding height. The Sideshow does deserve a thread of its own, should anyone feel the inspiration to start one. :cheers

- Mac
( Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sculptingvader/ )

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:19 am 

jedijeffrey wrote:
Darth Niob wrote:
They didn't.

Dang it, I was hoping to see one. I wanted to see if the "beefed up" mannequin was as bad as everyone said or if it looked better in person.

Does "everyone" refer to other conversations you've had elsewhere? If not, I would encourage you to not misconstrue or mischaracterize the conversation here of height as bashing the Sideshow mannequin. The underlying Sideshow mannequin is not the topic here. We're discussing how authentic the look is depending on whether the height is 7' or 6'7".

- Mac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:59 am 
Random avatar

I'm not bashing...i'm just saying the Sideshow is too tall and massive...thats it. Regarding Prowse height....1,98m without and 2,06m in full costume.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:06 am 
Random avatar

Darth Niob wrote:
I'm not bashing...i'm just saying the Sideshow is too tall and massive...thats it. Regarding Prowse height....1,98m without and 2,06m in full costume.

Yeah, I don't see the big deal either height and mass are definitely symbiotic. A 6'7" Vader only 10 inches wide wouldn't look right either! :lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:31 am 

Darth Niob wrote:

You weren't bashing at all and not at all your fault.

Jeffrey's post came immediately after yours which came immediately after mine. Your only words were "They didn't" which then suggests Jeffrey was mainly mischaracterizing my post alone, since nobody prior mentioned Sideshow, even though he labelled "everyone" participating in this thread into that verdict.

- Mac

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6