It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: True Symmetrical Trooper Helmet
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:24 am 

files are off to the printers for the 1/4 scale version. . ill be updating the initial post with images as soon as i have them. :toothy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:05 am 

Cool! Look forward to seeing them.

Would you mind identifying what software was used for this project for the 3D modeling and rendering? I'm no 3D artist, but I'd like to be able to do some basic edits of point clouds & meshes, since most of the captures using photogrammy are pretty rough. I've downloaded blendr for Windows but haven't gotten too far into it. Steep learning curve; don't want to bet on the wrong horse!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:19 pm 

banthapoodoo wrote:
Cool! Look forward to seeing them.

Would you mind identifying what software was used for this project for the 3D modeling and rendering? I'm no 3D artist, but I'd like to be able to do some basic edits of point clouds & meshes, since most of the captures using photogrammy are pretty rough. I've downloaded blendr for Windows but haven't gotten too far into it. Steep learning curve; don't want to bet on the wrong horse!

sure, it was Z-Brush.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:52 pm 

just a heads up, soon ill have the 1/4 scale versions of the TK and TD printed, if all goes as planned i should have them done within the next couple of weeks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:00 pm 

This is the best symmetrical representation of the Original stormtrooper hands down, I saw the images before at the RPF and is a true beauty. awesome job!!

A

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:12 pm 
Site Admin

Looking forward to seeing it. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:18 pm 

AJCG wrote:
This is the best symmetrical representation of the Original stormtrooper hands down, I saw the images before at the RPF and is a true beauty. awesome job!!

A

why thank you :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:19 pm 

No Humor Man wrote:
Looking forward to seeing it. :)

as do i,

one helemt down, one to go.

ill be posting images of the 1/4 printed versions soon as i receive imaged from people who are printing them :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:20 pm 

here we go, 1/4 scale version TK-TS, all thats left is assembly and post prep. :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:31 pm 

Cool! The analog to digital to analog transformation is underway. What's the readers digest summary of splitting it into 3 parts as shown. I know it's something to do with 3D printing limitations. And that at some places where they are split there are sharp angles, particularly at the frown (mouth). Were there other possibilities that you considered for how it could be separated into printable components? I ask because I wonder if there's going to be a visible seam along the left and right half centerline. Though I'm sure that could be made invisible after appropriately sanding and finishing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:00 pm 

banthapoodoo wrote:
Cool! The analog to digital to analog transformation is underway. What's the readers digest summary of splitting it into 3 parts as shown. I know it's something to do with 3D printing limitations. And that at some places where they are split there are sharp angles, particularly at the frown (mouth). Were there other possibilities that you considered for how it could be separated into printable components? I ask because I wonder if there's going to be a visible seam along the left and right half centerline. Though I'm sure that could be made invisible after appropriately sanding and finishing.

well, this is in 1/4 scale form. but from what i was told when i asked the company why they had split it into three parts. was that by doing so the print will transfer better details than if it was all printed in one whole solid piece.
and yes the semas lines wont be an issue once the parts are assembled and the post print prep is dont preparing the helmets ready for the molding process.
ill be psitjng images of the final model once that process is complete.

of course for the life size model it will most definately be cut differently.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:31 pm 

DynamicMenace wrote:
well, this is in 1/4 scale form. but from what i was told when i asked the company why they had split it into three parts. was that by doing so the print will transfer better details than if it was all printed in one whole solid piece.
and yes the semas lines wont be an issue once the parts are assembled and the post print prep is dont preparing the helmets ready for the molding process.
ill be psitjng images of the final model once that process is complete.

of course for the life size model it will most definately be cut differently.

Sounds great - glad to see this moving forward!

Quote brackets fixed.

NHM | TPD Staff

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:23 pm 

heard from the [printers, the 1/4 scale helmets are just about finished. should have some images of them both here in the next couple of days.

and im still working out the details on the 1:1 scale version ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:40 am 

1/4 scale TK-TS AND TD-TS Printed
next up, fitting to the sideshow Stormtrooper and Ssandtrooper premium formats, and then will be taking a silicone bath. and then the catsing will commence.

i will make an entirely new thread for the 1:1 scale helemt as soon as all the details are hashed out.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:10 am 
Random avatar

The prints come out flawless. Thats amazing! Can I ask what style printing was used ect? I've never seen prints that smooth before.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next