It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: Wanna see where many Star Wars props (screen used) ends?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:05 pm 
Random avatar

I doubt anyone has it to date but that might change soon :lol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:39 pm 

Sorry for my late reply.

You can move this thread into Vader's secion if you want.

I'll try to get a look at the book in order to see if those props are inside.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:43 pm 

Thanks Nairod! Please keep us posted!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:57 pm 

No Humor Man wrote:
Anyone know the book the collector keeps referring people to? Does it contain a lot about his Star Wars props or is it mostly about all his other awesome props?

I have already ordered it from Amazon, but it's coming from France so it says I won't get it until Feb 1st, although it has been shipped already. Anyway, that guy Patrice told me in the email that the book contains photos of this faceplate and more of the other stuff. I'll let you know when I get it in case it's not what we would expect. No sense in everyone wasting their money and I'll post whatever pics of the faceplate are in the book or whatever else he has SW related in case others want to buy it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:00 pm 

Nairod wrote:
Sorry for my late reply.

You can move this thread into Vader's secion if you want.

I'll try to get a look at the book in order to see if those props are inside.

Didn't see your reply before I sent mine, but yeah you'll have it by tomorrow if you order it. :lol :lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:04 pm 
Site Admin

Honestly, since this has just been discovered I would think we should hold off posting the images from the book - at least in any high resolution - for a few weeks or a month. Maybe just a teaser and then people can decide whether they feel it is worth buying the book. Since this seems to be exclusive to their book, it would feel weird taking away sales from them. Maybe I'm just being weird, but we had the same thoughts when posting officialPix images - they always had to have covering watermarks over the pictures to partially block out detail, so that it was still worth it for people to go buy the original pictures.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm 

As far as the lens color, that is easily explained as it was by Carsten. Simple change of the background area of the lens will definitely affect the way it looks.

Jeremy, that little area is present in the pic of the faceplate by the Indy whip, so at one point that was put in quite possibly as you say after damage repair. We see that little knotch in castings from the UK mold since the TM would have had that, as does the TD and the VP, both of which have some connection to the original. What is strange is that it's not in the RB mold and neither is the cheek line worm, again as it's found in the other castings mentioned. And the 20th century castings also had both of those as well. So at one point there must have been some repair work that stayed put on the faceplate.

I have a few questions in relation to repaints and repairs and mold makings, both US and UK, but I'll hold off for now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:34 pm 

No Humor Man wrote:
Honestly, since this has just been discovered I would think we should hold off posting the images from the book - at least in any high resolution - for a few weeks or a month. Maybe just a teaser and then people can decide whether they feel it is worth buying the book. Since this seems to be exclusive to their book, it would feel weird taking away sales from them. Maybe I'm just being weird, but we had the same thoughts when posting officialPix images - they always had to have covering watermarks over the pictures to partially block out detail, so that it was still worth it for people to go buy the original pictures.

I see your point, but posting photographs is a little different than posting a photo or two from a book. Most collectors would want the full book regardless. I don't think it will take away from sales, plus the fact that some of these books have been around since 2011. However, this is your website so whatever you say is fine with me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:39 pm 
Site Admin

I still feel like an underling here since I passed the torch to the other staff back when I had to resign, so it's more the other admin's say than mine. Though, I think a near solid watermark covering part of any uploaded images from the book would be in good form. For them selling more of their book may actually make them more interested in sharing more indepth info with us in the future regarding their collection. Maybe I'm just thinking too much about things. I don't know.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:13 am 

No Humor Man wrote:
darthjones wrote:
The photos of the mask next to the Indy whip - that eye color is much more clear than what I saw in the stunt face.

It was a flash photo. I'm sure if you put the stunt face on the same color carpet and took a flash photo that the carpet color would make the lens color look less amber. I think someone did a test of that once... unsure where I saw it or who did it... so I might have imagined it.

Bingo...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:00 am 

SithLord wrote:
...LFL I'm sure was aware for quite some time he had it. But the whole issue of the theft of the suit, there's a lot around that still in question because if there was a theft, why do we see it at Elstree in 1981 (?). That's long after the suit was supposed to have been returned to LFL. The theft idea doesn't make sense because we wouldn't then even see it at Elstree. I think it was there and Mr. Girod knew the people there and was able to acquire it around that time. And if the suit was in whole or in part stolen then yes LFL could have retrieved the components at any time.

Good point, though according to KE he returned it in '82. Some parts had been swapped out with ESB parts.

Hi Thomas! I've been away too. Nice to see exciting things every time I return!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:32 am 

The quest is over??? Say it isnt so!!! To newbies I always mention how the original Vader has never been found. And if it was, it would be worth $1 million (and based on Pete's estimate, I was discounting it by the same amount!).

Well now I have a better story to tell. That I was among the first people to find out that it still exists and where it is!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:13 am 
Site Admin

banthapoodoo wrote:
Well now I have a better story to tell. That I was among the first people to find out that it still exists and where it is!

Actually... I think the French knew for a long time. :lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:40 pm 
Site Admin

Darth Vader Tantive IV reference pic (XXXL)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33157620/DV.png

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:48 pm 

Lambotour wrote:
No Humor Man wrote:
Anyone know the book the collector keeps referring people to? Does it contain a lot about his Star Wars props or is it mostly about all his other awesome props?

I have already ordered it from Amazon, but it's coming from France so it says I won't get it until Feb 1st, although it has been shipped already. Anyway, that guy Patrice told me in the email that the book contains photos of this faceplate and more of the other stuff. I'll let you know when I get it in case it's not what we would expect. No sense in everyone wasting their money and I'll post whatever pics of the faceplate are in the book or whatever else he has SW related in case others want to buy it.

Thanks Pete! Please keep us posted!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next