It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Vader costume at Pinewood / Warrick Davis
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:56 pm 

LFL has a costume shop at Pinewood for the next few years. Not only for Episode 7 - but for the other movies
(and potential TV use).

This link shows W.D. posing in front of a Vader outfit:
http://www.starwars7news.com/2015/01/wa ... s-set.html

Opinions?
Analysis?

Post subject: Re: Vader costume at Pinewood / Warrick Davis
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:15 pm 

I'm at work so I was barely able to see the pics. Pics loading so hard, made me think of something completely different in the second pic with Chewbacca... :wtf :toothy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:17 pm 

I guess Vader is supposed to be in Episode 7. Which is great news to be sure. Just a rumor but check this out -

The buttons on the belt box look to be a new design and fairly refined with regard to that long, whiteish bar across the bottom of the front face. Here, for the first time (right?) we can see that this button has a black matrix around it and that it is a half radius, etc. This is new, right?!

And the gloves look pretty kick ass new too.

Is this a major spoiler slip?! Is W. Davis to be drawn and quartered?!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:37 pm 
Random avatar

I haven't seen belt boxes like that before...hmmm looks like an MR ANH saber on his belt though, albeit upside down.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:21 am 

Totally. Belt boxes seem a bit more shallow than usual too. Wonderin' hard about the head!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:43 pm 
Site Admin

Are people seeing a picture of the full costume or... like me... just a tiny snippet of the costume centered around the belt area?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:28 am 

Would say ...nice fake Warwick :cool:

Take a look at this pic here:
http://movies.mmgn.com/News/Is-Darth-Va ... ar-Wars-Ep
http://movies.mmgn.com/Lib/Images/News/ ... 093244.jpg

Comparsion:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:49 am 

Wow!!!! Good eye!!!! I would say that is definitely the same exact belt/ outfit. Whew! It's just a regular old Disney Vader.

Right on.

I'd like to see Vader flashbacks but I fear that actually resurrecting him somehow - we may as well just all sit in the theater and dispense a can of cheezewhiz down our throats. That would just be way too out of line and totally undermine the Anakin arc (that has suffered some abuse already, right?).

But great call!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:50 pm 
Site Admin

Well, I know it's not really canon, but in one of the old Marvel comics a new up-coming Sith came to Luke in visions as Darth Vader until Luke decided to look deeper, at which time the real form of the Sith appeared. Maybe they could be doing something similar and it not actually be Anakin, because that would make no sense, since we saw him in ghost form at the end of RotJ. Still dislike the PT because they made Anakin do things that in my mind is unforgivable.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:34 pm 

I hear what you're saying about the PT but, like with the entire PT, it could have worked with better dialogue. For fun one night I rewrote the scene where Anakin kneels before Palpatine. It would have been easy to show Anakin in a raging panic over losing Padme and have it believably snowball.

For instance, as soon as Palpatine kills Windu, he gets up of course, like we see, and I have Anakin reignite his lightsaber and assume a protective stance against Palpatine, screaming at him, asking him why he did that, feeling guilty, etc. And almost like he doesn't care, Palpatine advances on Anakin, his hands up as if going to do the lightning thing, but he is actually holding out his hands to coax Anakin to listen. And walking toward Anakin, eyes upturned and searching, says...

"Padme dies in childbirth.... from wounds sustained by...a Jedi."
Palpatine then looks down to Anakin, opens his arms, let's them fall.

And Anakin basically does the Luke thing "No, that's not true. That's impossible!"

"I speak the truth Anakin," says Palpatine, continuing to slowly walk toward him.

Anakin collapses in disbelief as Palpatine continues to 'search.' Palpatine says, "there is more than one of them. I cannot see..."

"No!!!!!!!!," cries Anakin, his eyes turning Sith yellow, tears, etc. He moves to kneel in front of Palpatine, frantic: "I submit myself to your teaching."

"Goooooooooood!" etc.

Anyway, you get the idea. This is isn't my exact scene by any stretch but if something like this had been done, something more pointed, Anakin killing the children, eyes yellow the whole time, would have come across as more of a weakness and a panic.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:47 am 

Killing Jedis is one thing... the Jedi hunt which got explained in Dark Lord Rises is very interesting stuff.
( From the story telling POV )
But killing children is a no go.I think that was not necessary to show in the movie.
And with killing Palpatine this can not be made undone and be enough to come back to the light side.