It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: TIE Pilot Helmets & Armor
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:25 am 
Random avatar

Hoping RS will produce a at-at driver as well.
Time will tell.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:43 pm 

They should, they have the base now. They only need to make good greeblies for the AT-AT helmet, those are the most important part in it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:02 pm 
Random avatar

jkno wrote:
They should, they have the base now. They only need to make good greeblies for the AT-AT helmet, those are the most important part in it.

Don't think RS will have to make good greeblies when they already have the real found parts and would just need to cast some of them.

Funny thing - the guy who helped RS get their TIE helmet together also supplied them with original greeblies for the TIE helmets. It took the guy years to find out what all the correct greeblies were and to collect them all.

Even funnier thing - the same guy (along with other ATAT helmet nutters) spent even more years finding all the found parts for the ATAT helmet greeblies and has also given RS a copies of them.

So I would say that it is very plausible RS may make incredible ATAT helmets in the future but that will be up to them if they want to do it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:46 am 

I'm sure they made a deal for to get this parts. Which would be more than ok.

I hope RS props will also offer the Tie amour in the near future.
Ordered the Tie bucket from them, but i doubt the ABS colour will match to the MC/DL amour i have.
Should be finished next week or so. I'm serial number 8 of 100 :-)

So i'm looking forward to upgrade the armour as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:25 pm 

voice in the crowd wrote:
jkno wrote:

Don't think RS will have to make good greeblies when they already have the real found parts and would just need to cast some of them.

Funny thing - the guy who helped RS get their TIE helmet together also supplied them with original greeblies for the TIE helmets. It took the guy years to find out what all the correct greeblies were and to collect them all.

Even funnier thing - the same guy (along with other ATAT helmet nutters) spent even more years finding all the found parts for the ATAT helmet greeblies and has also given RS a copies of them.

So I would say that it is very plausible RS may make incredible ATAT helmets in the future but that will be up to them if they want to do it.

So did they find the elusive forehead clock greeblies? Or the exact interior of the BOC holders?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:39 pm 
Random avatar

jkno wrote:
So did they find the elusive forehead clock greeblies? Or the exact interior of the BOC holders?

Yes they have the forehead greeblies but I cannot photograph them as they are with friends at the moment :)

Do you mean these for the interior pieces? - Oh and just for the record the pieces inside the BOC holders are the same pieces used on the sides of the forehead between the helmet and faceplate are the same item just turned over.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:00 am 

Cool! I wouldn't mind knowing more abut these :) If not allowed publicly, maybe by PM

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:54 pm 
Random avatar

Thanks for sharing this information, voice in the crowd.
Contributions like this make this an excellent site for serious prop enthusiasts
Would like to know more about the actual pieces on the AT AT helmet if you can share them.
I issue the RS helmet is as close to the original as one could ever expect?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:48 am 

Mickxc wrote:
I issue the RS helmet is as close to the original as one could ever expect?

I would say yes.
Compared to the best till date ,which i would say is from Laws.
The Laws helmet was the closest to date, but imho i would say the RS helmet will set the new bar.
Also as the RS one has more surface details as the Laws has. As the Laws comes from a cleaned up TE lineage.
Sadly it's not a original hero faceplate which was takes for the mould.
But i think a original Stunt faceplate will do it for now :lol

Looking forward to the RS Tie armour as well.
As the Laws armour comes from a TE so more the RotJ lineage, i would say that also the upcomming RS Tie armour can set a new standard as well.

Just for asking, anyone else ordered one out of the Richard Bonehill edtion ?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:09 pm 
Random avatar

How accurate did the get their modifications to the face plate?
Was there any other differences aside from closing 2 of the 5 nose notch holes?
(Thanks in advance for this info)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:27 pm 

Mickxc wrote:

Well for to compare to other helmets i would say the RS faceplate is not more a " worse stunt faceplate " as any other.
Also as there are a lot of details left as the fingertips marks on the tears or details like bumps or dips.
Which for example are all missing on the cleaned up TE / CAP / Laws faceplates.
There are some more differences from a stunt to a hero faceplate as just the teeth.
The heroface plate is a bit wider as the stunt also a bit softer in details.

But as there is no copy of a screen used hero faceplate out there till now, i would say the RS faceplate was the best way to go.
The only Tie faceplate wich really nailed the look for me , is the shepperton Tie faceplate.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:52 am 

voice in the crowd wrote:
jkno wrote:

Yes they have the forehead greeblies but I cannot photograph them as they are with friends at the moment :)

Do you mean these for the interior pieces? - Oh and just for the record the pieces inside the BOC holders are the same pieces used on the sides of the forehead between the helmet and faceplate are the same item just turned over.

Can we get some more info on the BOC interiors and clock greeblies please? Or are they state secret :lol

Turrican wrote:
Mickxc wrote:

Well for to compare to other helmets i would say the RS faceplate is not more a " worse stunt faceplate " as any other.
Also as there are a lot of details left as the fingertips marks on the tears or details like bumps or dips.
Which for example are all missing on the cleaned up TE / CAP / Laws faceplates.
There are some more differences from a stunt to a hero faceplate as just the teeth.
The heroface plate is a bit wider as the stunt also a bit softer in details.

But as there is no copy of a screen used hero faceplate out there till now, i would say the RS faceplate was the best way to go.
The only Tie faceplate wich really nailed the look for me , is the shepperton Tie faceplate.

Very interesting indeed :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:04 pm 
Random avatar

I see what you mean about aa. Does that make his the ultimate tie replica? What flaws does it have not to be?
Thanks, very useful stuff

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:44 pm 
Random avatar

Mickxc wrote:
I see what you mean about aa. Does that make his the ultimate tie replica? What flaws does it have not to be?
Thanks, very useful stuff

I have an SDS / AA TIE helmet - the faceplate it suffers from lots of missing details, it is poorly assembled (he even cuts the helmet / faceplate under the ear caps incorrectly to make it fit together), the trident is incorrect, the faceplate has no undercuts at the sides, the forehead is wrong on the faceplate he extends it up too far and it is not cut out so it doesn't have the rectangular plate where the forehead greeblies go, the forehead greeblies are wrong, the metal ear cap greeblies are wrong, the box on the back of the helmet is wrong, he missed the foam strip out that runs down the mohawk inside and he adds metal cones to the ear caps which are not on the screen helmet.

Apart from that it isn't a bad helmet :lol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:53 pm 
Random avatar

jkno wrote:
Can we get some more info on the BOC interiors and clock greeblies please? Or are they state secret :lol

Sorry but these 2 items were not my finds.

The things I found were the BOC bulb holder, the box on the back of the TIE and ATAT helmet, the TIE forehead greeblies, the cannisters on the back of the ATAT. It is common knowledge the ear greeblies are Michells turntable pulleys.

Feel free to PM me about any of the items I have discovered but it is up to the other TIE / ATAT guys to share their finds if they want to.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next