It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:03 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: On the subject of the Christie's - PIH 2012 Helmet
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:42 am 

I could see some damage, a tusk here and there, but not so consistently on so many helmets. I know that the stunt helmet broke a tusk during filming. But It was a very active helmet.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:05 am 

I had the pleasure of meet Ron Punter at Empire day a couple years ago.... I managed to get quite a few pics of the faceplate he owns. If they are of interest I can post them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:30 pm 

Wow just catching up on this thread! Brandon, thank you very much indeed for posting those photos that's a fantastic helmet. Do you know roughly when those photos were taken?

..Another member of the Ron Punter club here! I met him as well at the same event Mark went to, and yes he's a very nice guy who's had an incredbly varied career. John, I think you asked if the helmet Brandon's shown is Ron's? - answer, no it isn't. Ron's is a faceplate on its own.

There are a couple of interviews with Ron online, in these he talks about his experiences working on Indianna Jones, and The Shining.

http://vimeo.com/60659954

http://vimeo.com/38054792

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:00 pm 

sskunky wrote:
I had the pleasure of meet Ron Punter at Empire day a couple years ago.... I managed to get quite a few pics of the faceplate he owns. If they are of interest I can post them.

I would love to see more images of Ron's faceplate. Guess I'm not the only one here...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:54 pm 

Here's what I have...... Not the best but we were pushed for time as we weren't the only people looking at it!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:41 pm 

These pictures are outstanding - thanks for sharing. Deliciously detailed with plenty of dings and dents! Interesting to see how narrow the neck is (like ESB Promo) and the slight outward flare at the base. Great of Mr. Punter to provide such close access to an ESB production faceplate, a rare item indeed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:40 pm 

sskunky wrote:
Here's what I have...... Not the best but we were pushed for time as we weren't the only people looking at it!

Now take a look at this beauty! And in what a nice condition it is! And the size and quality of the images!

Thanks a ton for sharing! That is extremely kind of you.

Now DO, how does this one fit into the line of ESB Vader faceplates - any idea yet?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:52 pm 

vadermania wrote:
sskunky wrote:

Now take a look at this beauty! And in what a nice condition it is! And the size and quality of the images!

Now DO, how does this one fit into the line of ESB Vader faceplates - any idea yet?

Your very welcome. I'm not into keeping info and pictures to myself. It far more fun to share than lord it up. Lol
If I had my way we would all be posting close ups and high res pics of everything we have without question. I've never got my head round all the secrecy surrounding this hobby. If you know anything about me and the props and Stormtrooper armour and helmets I produce you'll know I've never held anything back or had any kind of agreements. What I have you have. That's the fun in it for me.

Anyway back on topic.... I would definitely like to see where this fits in to the Vader story.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:21 pm 
Site Admin

Awesome pictures being shown off.

vadermania wrote:
There are photographs of Ron in his earlier years posing with a series of Vader lids and shoulder armour resting on a table next to him.

Are those pictures available to share?

BA100583 wrote:
The ANH style dome with the latch inside is an ANH-era touring piece, made by Rick Baker. Rick recently posted a vintage photo of a line up of these helmets all together on his Twitter account.

I don't think I've seen that. Is it possible to share that picture here?

Regarding the massive consistency of damaged tusk tubes - that usually is the number one spot that is quickly damaged. I've seen my share of fan helmets as well with that exact damage and most where display helmets that accidentally got damaged.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:59 am 

Very nice pictures. I've been a member here for years and these are the most comprehensive pictures of an original I have seen. Nice to finally know what they looked like!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:48 am 
Random avatar

Unbelievable !!
This forum has come alive .
Thanks so much for sharing!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:11 am 

WOW, I just got home from work and it's a party! :cheers

I'm on the west coast, so never get anything LIVE.

sskunky wrote:

That is Awsome! Thank you, Sskunky! :thumbsup

vadermania wrote:
sskunky wrote:

Not yet VM, but it's only been 5 minutes. I will get back you.
---
Very nice to see some ESB tusks! And a mounting ring. :toothy

John

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:18 am 
Random avatar

Thanks for sharing Mark :thumbsup :thumbsup Very cool pics and even cooler to post them here :cool:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:45 am 

No Humor Man wrote:

vadermania wrote:
There are photographs of Ron in his earlier years posing with a series of Vader lids and shoulder armour resting on a table next to him.

Hi Carsten, I'll dig it out and post it. Ron gave me some pics that he has printed out on his computer when I met him at Elstree Studios some time ago. There is one black and whithe image of him posing next to Vader lids and armour in his paint shop. The quality of the pic is extremely bad but I will post it perhaps this evening.

Sskunky, do you remember if Ron showed some pics at Empire Days? If yes, perhaps somebody has even taken some photographs of his STW related pics and could also post them here. Back in the old days (20 or so years ago), I managed to snap some pics from Dave Prowses transparencies during one of his lectures (of course I asked him before).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:15 am 

vadermania wrote:
No Humor Man wrote:

vadermania wrote:

Hi Carsten, I'll dig it out and post it. Ron gave me some pics that he has printed out on his computer when I met him at Elstree Studios some time ago. There is one black and white image of him posing next to Vader lids and armour in his paint shop. The quality of the pic is extremely bad but I will post it perhaps this evening.

Sskunky, do you remember if Ron showed some pics at Empire Days? If yes, perhaps somebody has even taken some photographs of his STW related pics and could also post them here. Back in the old days (20 or so years ago), I managed to snap some pics from Dave Prowses transparencies during one of his lectures (of course I asked him before).

I didn't see any pics unfortunately....... He was signing pics and had the book you see in the pic but that's all I saw..... I didn't think to ask....

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next