It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: eFX ESB hero helmet.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:03 am 

https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/photo.ph ... r=32604473

Check it out. I'm sure there will be many more pictures to come!
It's kind of a big deal that LFL allowed eFX to directly cast the screen used Empire Strikes Back helmet.
Very exciting time for Fett fans!

Post subject: Re: eFX ESB hero helmet.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:55 am 

Midnight Trooper wrote:
https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/photo.php?fbid=10151715876662356&id=122159847355&set=pb.122159847355.-2207520000.1374130622.&__user=32604473

Check it out. I'm sure there will be many more pictures to come!
It's kind of a big deal that LFL allowed eFX to directly cast the screen used Empire Strikes Back helmet.
Very exciting time for Fett fans!

After the Vader legend helmet disaster i'm not that excited, but nice to see that efx is still arround.
Also i would guess we will not see this finished before 2015.If it will be ever made.
Look how long they wanted to offer the hero stomtrooper helmet.
The last info about that helmet we got 1 year ago.

What's also interesting is that fettpride wanted to offer new ESB hero helmet with a direct line to a screen used on correct?
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/intr ... esb-47916/

Mhh.. would bet it's something from that line,too.
We all know how close friends Gino and Art are, and Fettpride with Art ,too.
And since Gino work for/with efx i'm also sure that has now much better contacts to props we don't know anything about.

Some infos from the TDH about the new efx helmet:
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f22/esb-hero-copy-48007/

Eidt:
BTW...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:07 pm 
Random avatar

Unaltered stuff for the boys we all know and a heavy cleaned up version for the rest of us with horrible waiting times, production problems, damages after damages during fabrication and/or shipping for big money with some horrible shipping costs for EU costumers.....jippieee. :rolleyes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:02 pm 

http://pulse.therpf.com/article/101491/ ... ett-part-1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:56 am 

Midnight Trooper wrote:
http://pulse.therpf.com/article/101491/the-holy-grail-of-boba-fett-part-1

yeah, self-performance at it's best.

...I founded the biggest Boba Fett website on the net ...
...I have studied every detail and had a hand in some of the coolest discoveries in regard to identifying parts from Boba Fett’s costume...
...I have held piece after piece of Boba Fett’s original costume in my hands...

:rolleyes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:19 am 

Yeah its wrong to be proud. How dare he tell the truth about himself. :rolleyes

God I would hate to live in the cynical joyless world some folks live in. It has made me so sad to see some of the responses to these items.
I understand that eFX has a crappy track record of customer service but doesn't it make you even just a little bit happy that this upcoming helmet surpasses anything that has come before by a significant amount and will be available to anyone who wants one? It kind of seems like some folks are trying to see only the negative.

Turrican you have made a connection between Art and FP that just doesnt exist anymore. FP's helmet is a reworked casting of an ESB stunt helmet. You may recall a mention of such in my PM?
While the newest FP did IMO surpass everything that had come before, the eFX will leave it in the dust. Show me a helmet with a better pedigree.

Anyway I for one am hugely proud at what was accomplished here. A licensee was allowed to dissemble and cast one of the single most iconic props in Star Wars. I am just as apprehensive as anyone about what China might do to it. But whatever trickles down will still be the best Fett helmet you can lay hands on. I will be glad to put some of the cloak and dagger and "mines bigger than yours" history behind me. The Fett community (all factions of it) is now on a level playing field. :cheers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:35 am 

Midnight Trooper wrote:
Yeah its wrong to be proud. How dare he tell the truth about himself. :rolleyes :cheers

I just hate it if people push themself in the center like this and show it off like a horse his genital while peeing.
It always sounds like all others which has done a great work over the past years are just small runts which don't have any clue.
And only those god's are know the truth about all and anything and are better as all others.
Conservativeness seems not the business they like.

Cause of FP's helmet, it was just a guess/assumption.
Aren't FP and Art close friends anymore?Only cause FP told that it comes from a stunt helmet means not that it is. :wink:

Anyhow, i not believe that efx will made this uberaccurate super ESB helmet.
Look at how much the Vader Legend helmet was a "legend" helmet and you know how much this troopersuit and Boba helmet will be.
80% of that what they telling is marketing and promotion nothing more as hot air in the end.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:55 pm 
Random avatar

Midnight Trooper wrote:
Yeah its wrong to be proud. How dare he tell the truth about himself. :rolleyes

God I would hate to live in the cynical joyless world some folks live in. It has made me so sad to see some of the responses to these items.
I understand that eFX has a crappy track record of customer service but doesn't it make you even just a little bit happy that this upcoming helmet surpasses anything that has come before by a significant amount and will be available to anyone who wants one? It kind of seems like some folks are trying to see only the negative.

Turrican you have made a connection between Art and FP that just doesnt exist anymore. FP's helmet is a reworked casting of an ESB stunt helmet. You may recall a mention of such in my PM?
While the newest FP did IMO surpass everything that had come before, the eFX will leave it in the dust. Show me a helmet with a better pedigree.

Anyway I for one am hugely proud at what was accomplished here. A licensee was allowed to dissemble and cast one of the single most iconic props in Star Wars. I am just as apprehensive as anyone about what China might do to it. But whatever trickles down will still be the best Fett helmet you can lay hands on. I will be glad to put some of the cloak and dagger and "mines bigger than yours" history behind me. The Fett community (all factions of it) is now on a level playing field. :cheers

Believe me, i would be more than happy if this Boba helmet really would be casted in an unaltered way and finished accurate for EVERY costumer, but since the Vader helmet debacle i really doubt that. Also how can you be sure that every one who is interested in getting this helmet has the chance to get one? Is is certainly limited and as long as they choose such insane shipping and selling practices for us EU costumers its certainly not possible for everyone of us to get this helmet. If you know more please share the infos...its well appreciated :cheers

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:11 pm 

Midnight Trooper wrote:
FP's helmet is a reworked casting of an ESB stunt helmet.

ESB Stunt helmet? As far as I know, and what Gino, Art and others have said in various release statements regarding the eFX helmet there was only one helmet used in ESB. the Hero. So what exactly is an ESB Stunt? I know the ESB hero was cast for stunts helmets to be used in ROTJ, but that is a long known fact and even resulted in some unlicenced copies.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:52 pm 

Yeah that'd be correct about the stunts. Better nomenclature is needed I guess.
Since the ESB helmet was cast to make stunt helmets for ROTJ technically those helmets are ROTJ Stunt helmets or just Stunt helmets since no others were made as far as we know.
The point is since the ESB hero helmet was molded to create them and the paintjob
was imitated , the stunt helmets are ESB style.

So yeah bottom line is FP reportedly got his hands on an ESB style stunt casting. Not an original but one of those copies you speak of. While the pedigree is the best you can get right now, the eFX is a much more direct child of the ESB hero helmet.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:45 am 

Thanks. That makes more sense. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:57 am 

Thx for clarifying. :salut
I messed that up with the origins, thought it would be all from the same origin.
The new FP one and the efx one. :conf
However, as said thank's. :cheers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:08 am 

I look forward to seeing what is to come for the EFX, helmet,

How ever I dont believe the origins of the FPh2 is from a stunt, Any stunts Ive seen are some what shrunken even the ones in the archives look smaller than there fiberglass counterparts, were the FPh2 is bigger than the MR helmet and the ear platforms on the stunts do not match what the new FP helmet has,, to coincidental in my opinion

That said, if we see the origin of this helmet is a stunt and the donor helmet is shown and proven to be so then ill admit im wrong until then its from the EFX casting

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:15 am 
Site Admin

It's good news for Fett fans if you ask me. Even though it won't be 100% in terms of details etc no doubt it's a big step in the right direction. Lets hope production runs smoother with a bit more experience this time.
I think eFX are going down the right path even if die hards want more it has to be accepted there will never be a 1:1 exact duplicate in every sense of a screen used piece whatever spin and sales talk is put on it. I think the eFX Vader despite some short comings went well in the grand scheme of things for the mass public.

Reviews statuemodellarge-figure-review-section-vf203.html

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

Really curious how they'll tackle the paintwork. For the MR Fett helmet, I actually didn't mind the tapering of the visor as much as the slightly unaligned paintwork for the dent. Loved the MR helmet regardless.

Going to be watching the progress, and hope it comes out well. :cheers