It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Life in the UNdemocratic Denmark right now.
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:39 pm 
Site Admin

Well, as many know and probably celebrate, May 1st is the Worker's Day, where we celebrate the worker and their long struggle to decent and fair rights and working conditions. Up until recently we had democracy in Denmark but it has just been cemented with 7 inch nails that it is DEAD, when the government (a workers party government) had clandestine negotiations with the employers union for the regional county's in order to create a situation with unreasonable ultimate demands that would severely limit the teacher's rights and diminish the rights of the Teachers Union in how teachers' rights and working conditions was negotiated (dictated) by the regional county's based on monetary concerns and calculations. It resulted in a 4 week lock-out of the teachers, sending our country into chaos, where kids and students were unable to get their rightful and lawful education. The government and the regional county's union wanted to "bleed the teachers dry" financially, and expected them to "come back on their crying knees" and sign the ultimate demand that would pave the way for Top-Down management - a model taken from Hong Kong, China and other undemocratic nations and applied with force and pressure these days by the Danish government. The government feared the public reaction that was slowly rising, so they went in and made a legislative intervention (one they had drawn up with the regional county's union prior to any negotiations between the employer and worker unions started) - where they only sought out advice from the regional county union in drafting that law and NEVER once talking with the Teacher's Union. They basically elevated the Regional County Union's ultimate demand to law - with a few negligible peanuts for the teachers that ultimately means diddly squat. They had the law written up, but lied and concealed and refused the media and the public from viewing the written documents from meetings and commissions that were designed to come up with answers for how to alter the teacher's work rules and rights, but which was disbanded just prior to finishing and the work "claimed" not to have been used as a basis for the negotiations - just to avoid access to the information by restrictive rules in the freedom of information act. Which, btw: they are planning on making even MORE restrictive, so that politicians and government officials can have a free-room to discuss ideas and laws in private. Some politicians even wanted the lock-out to go on further, threatening whole generations possibility of getting their exams. Our politicians... our own leaders did this to US!

They are also planning on dismantling the family doctor. They are also planning on diminishing the working rights and privileges of nurses, police, and many other public service professions we all rely on, while stripping the weakest and those on lowest incomes, in order to give tax reductions to companies and remove tariffs on soda and beer. All this based on the undemocratic Top-Down Model, which is basically dictatorship, while regional county directors have increased in numbers, increased in paychecks, increased in benefits, increased in pension plans, where politicians dump obscene amounts of millions into their own pockets.

We just had the most alarming May 1st reaction from the people today... booing and whistling at the politicians from the worker's parties - those who, contrary to their party programs and what they went to election and won for, are making laws that now take from the weakest and the poorest and give to the rich - and I fear this is the start of something much more chaotic and eventually may result in violence and uprising. I've spent the last five weeks fighting the ignorant Facebook users, reading up on everything I can about what is going on and am basically horrified that this could happen in our Denmark. This is an attack on democratic and free values, the rights of the workers and the soul of our country. We are possibly on the edge of direct uprising... and it will only get worse in the coming months as the government has launched a plan to force schoolchildren to be in school much, much longer, the whole-day school that has horror stories from Germany and many other countries - where children crash mentally and physically and spiritually... and they can no do it because they crushed the teacher's right of influence over how they work and how much they are allowed to work.

Just wanted to let you know what's going on and why I've been so absent. Everything else that once brought me much joy, is now reduced to something that has become pretty insignificant and without meaning in light of what is going on now. I don't know where this will go from here... but Denmark is no longer a free country... and I weep for this loss.

Post subject: Re: Life in the UNdemocratic Denmark right now.
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:55 am 

I work as an university lecturer ph.d. and I always thought one of the most important things in life is education. But most governments don't need highly educated people, just people to know how to read and write, and thus vote. Education, health and culture are always on the last we\hen budgets are made in most countries. :banger

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:45 pm 

Money rules the world..in any case.Health,war,nature...
The whole world is a undemocratic shit hole.LOL. Eat or get eaten.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:07 pm 
Site Admin

The family doctor practice we have in Denmark has now also been rolled over by the government in a planned skin negotiation between the government and the regions to set up intolerable demands, so they could lock-out the doctors and then have the government come in and dictate the terms.

We are now officially a dictatorship. If it was ever in doubt before during the teachers assassination, there can be no doubt anymore. We are no longer a democracy. God I HATE my government!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:48 pm 

Well maybe you want to live in Syria,Somalia,Oman, Jemen, Iran or a other nice country like these ones?
I'm guess it's more horrible to live there as in Denmark. Just a guess.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:19 am 

Since this actual crisis is going on, it's more obvious than ever that a certain group of worldwide decision makers likes to see the long and hard foughted achievements of western midclass living standards to be transformed in this mentioned ants-like systems.
Also in my country, which is one of the richest in the world, are discussions ongoing you would'nt believe. Privatisation of public services including lowering standards and loans, constant decrease of social benefits and education programms, a tax system which perfers rich persons and companies etc. etc.
Yes, we can point on Syria, Irak, African countries etc., but I strongly believe that we primary have to be aware of what's going on in our political and economical systems. It's nothing made of stone. Think back 70 years... we should still be aware. Our western lifestyle is made on a very young and thin layer of ziviliced behavior.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:26 pm 
Site Admin

We only have to look as far as the former DDR in Germany to see where we are going here. More state control of the citizen, more top control in general, closed state administration. Soon we'll see something similar to STASI and people reporting each other out of fear and a general sense of jealousy and scorn regarding other citizens. A form of George Orwell's 1984 scenario and Big Brother. Unless they are stopped. But how do you stop a steam roller when all you have is pen and paper?

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:10 pm 

I totaly understand where you come from.
But I think we all know the reason for this.
The nice taliban and there friends and the lobby / banker suckers.
All western countrys have there pants brimful in fear of islamic terror. Instead to go the whole hog they creat laws for spying , try to get all under the controll of there goverments and security agencys.
Only cause there lobby fuckers ( which IMHO controll the goverments and the "free" markets) earn more money and live on there private islands without to have fear that the terror will damage them or there shares.
As long as the lobby and banker suckers not get send to hell , as long as the noob politicans not stop that extreme avarice capitalism in the whole world and as long as we not send out each type of terrorists ( doesn't matter which religion) out of our contrys ,we will see many more of that shit each year.

We here in germany have a very high tolerance limitation till something will grow up form the people self angainst this nonsens.
Germany is a land full of egomaniac people,which all just look to thereselfs.
In this country( as in the most others) only will get changed someting, if you'll take the most of there money and there health insurance coverage.
Otherwise, it doesn't matter them as long as they have a job and enough money.

As said, the whole world is a big shithole.
The human race is the most stupid concept god ever made.
So much potential but as it seems to small brains to work all together on a better future for all.

Money doesn't exist anymore in the 24th century.
The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in our lives.
We work to better ourselfs and the rest of humanity.

( Quote made by Jean-Luc Picard, the fist contact.)

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:53 pm 
Site Admin

Things are continuing to get worse and worse. The support party who basically holds the hand under the government coalition are reluctant to pull their support and issue a vote of no confidence as the government parties are basically making opposition lawmaking... and bringing the opposition into power will not bring justice to our country as they are supporters of the current policies and lawmaking, basically eradicating any and all rights of the workers and free and fair negotiations between the worker and the employer. Everything that has been built of fairness and security in Denmark is under threat and is slowly but surely being pulled away and we are left in turmoil. We'll probably see extended censorship of our online capabilities and other actions by our government that will limit our freedom and human rights.

People who know this organization knows that they are working to better the world, one vote and one signature at a time. I never thought there would be a need for a petition against oppression of the people in Danmark on there... but please sign if you want to put pressure on the Danish government and help bring an end to at least one of their undemocratic endeavors.
http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Save_D ... EaMdb&pv=5

Masses of Democracy
http://www.bofinspiration.com/?p=65&fb_source=message

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:36 am 

Welcome to the UK circa 1981.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:21 am 
Site Admin

Crap... I hate the eighties...

:blah

But... things aren't looking bright yet... we need to get rid of that government... before they ruin the country.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:48 pm 

@Defstartrooper: Yes, this tendencies started at that time in UK and US (Reagan). We call it the Anglo-Saxon neoliberalism.

@NHM: Avaaz is a very powerful organisation. I donate them every month a little fee. It's one of those new hopeful global groups for consciously living people in a more and more ignorant and selfish world. Democracy is not a free ticket which does'nt expires. Our ancestors fought for it!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:24 pm 
Site Admin

We have 83,517 Danish citizens who have currently signed a Danish petition against the new freedom of information act... yet... the politicians don't care. Though the Avaaz petition is slowly gaining momentom... I fear only a revolution will stop those morons. Or... if only that one political party would present a vote of no confidence before the government manages to destroy our public school system with their unintelligent, self made reform without having gathered information, experiences, knowledge from experts and those actually living with this: the teachers and school leaders. It's the worst kind of offense and it should be stopped!

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:15 am 

It would be probably helpfull if more countries would establish a political system like in our country (Switzerland).
The so called "Direct Democracy". It's not a wonder thing but it can build up enormous pressure on the politicians.

Recently we had to decide whether to establish a drastic tightening of our shareholder rules (The "Abzocker Initiative").
All the established parties were against this plebiscite, companies threaten to leave our country etc. etc.
At the end over 70% voted for the new rules. The politicians and managers were upset and immediately very sheepish.
And no company has left our country because of this decision...

And the next plebiscite with brisance is on it's way, the so called "1:12 Initative". In every company in our country the amount
of the lowest wage shall not be smaller than 1/12 of the best payed employee (or vice versa). This is really a hot issue here right now.

At the moment Germany is obviously discussing the implementation of a similar system.

But it can be danger as well. If f.e. a hype is ongoing ("criminal foreigners") , such a system could lead to questionable decisions.
In our case it was f.e. the "Minarett Initiative", where our citizens decided to forbid the build of mosque minarets (this was short after 9/11).
So also extreme positions can be successful in such a system and thats not always helpful and can heat up already strained moods.

Despite that I would never give up this possibility to vote not only for a politician or a party but also for or against a political issue.
Only that is IMHO real democracy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:31 am 

BigT wrote:
It would be probably helpfull if more countries would establish a political system like in our country (Switzerland).
The so called "Direct Democracy". It's not a wonder thing but it can build up enormous pressure on the politicians.

Recently we had to decide whether to establish a drastic tightening of our shareholder rules (The "Abzocker Initiative").
All the established parties were against this plebiscite, companies threaten to leave our country etc. etc.
At the end over 70% voted for the new rules. The politicians and managers were upset and immediately very sheepish.
And no company has left our country because of this decision...

And the next plebiscite with brisance is on it's way, the so called "1:12 Initative". In every company in our country the amount
of the lowest wage shall not be smaller than 1/12 of the best payed employee (or vice versa). This is really a hot issue here right now.

At the moment Germany is obviously discussing the implementation of a similar system.

I take my hat of for that system in your country and i make the famous "three crosses" if this will ever happen here in germany ,too.
But i guess it never will, unless the people not begin to change something , instead of wait that the politican will do.
I'm realy upset by our liar ,elocution,lobby politican.
If you ever got power, you not want to lose it. :wink:

Quote:
Despite that I would never give up this possibility to vote not only for a politician or a party but also for or against a political issue.
Only that is IMHO real democracy.

sign!