It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:38 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: Sgt. Fang ESB conversion
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:10 pm 
Random avatar

Ok. Time to get back to work on this. I am thinking of adding some length to the skirt on the dome. The dome is just too small and I think if I add some length it will look better. What do you all think?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:43 pm 
Site Admin

I think you can easily add 1.5-2 cm to the skirts all-round without making it look bad.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:48 pm 
Random avatar

Ok. That was how much I was thinking as well. Do you think it will help the dome not look so small?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:18 pm 

I had precisely this issue with SithPlanet's ANH. Although Carsten and DarthVaderV were one of the first people to suggest dome repositioning as opposed to lengthening the flange, the problem with the Fyberdyne base (which SgtFang copied) is that the domecap is simply too small to afford proper room for proper dome repositioning. Adding length to the flange will create the same weird looking effect that used to be promoted on older Vader costuming websites.

The kind of surgery needed to involves hacking up the dome in several pieces to make it essentially larger, but not so large that it looks disproportionate. An example of a dome being too large is a Rubie's dome, which someone once tried pairing with the Sgt Fang faceplate, and it just didn't work out at all due to the faceplate's small size.

- Mac
( Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sculptingvader/ )

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:27 am 
Random avatar

it may just be me....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:14 pm 
Random avatar

CSMacLaren wrote:
I had precisely this issue with SithPlanet's ANH. Although Carsten and DarthVaderV were one of the first people to suggest dome repositioning as opposed to lengthening the flange, the problem with the Fyberdyne base (which SgtFang copied) is that the domecap is simply too small to afford proper room for proper dome repositioning. Adding length to the flange will create the same weird looking effect that used to be promoted on older Vader costuming websites.

The kind of surgery needed to involves hacking up the dome in several pieces to make it essentially larger, but not so large that it looks disproportionate. An example of a dome being too large is a Rubie's dome, which someone once tried pairing with the Sgt Fang faceplate, and it just didn't work out at all due to the faceplate's small size.

Yeah, i did that, and the size difference was...well....ridiculous.....

Rich

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile E-mail