It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:31 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: THE BEST VADER HELMET.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:10 pm 

Totally agree.I know what you are talking about SPFX,I bought my ANH from him and it was a nightmare.

I hope to get a SL helmet some day.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:28 pm 

Biker wrote:
Totally agree.I know what you are talking about SPFX,I bought my ANH from him and it was a nightmare.

I hope to get a SL helmet some day.

Thanks.

well be grateful that you even received your SPFX. becasue that wasn't the case with me. i never received my helmet or my set of armor from him. its been about 5yrs now :angry4

hopefully one day you'll get an SL. its clearly the next best thing to owning the original helmet. just the thought of it having direct linage to the film used helmet is mind blowing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:28 pm 

Sorry about your bad experience with Phil.I think you are not the only one.

I hope to get an SL helmet.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:29 pm 

I have more doubts again.It´s about the ESB TM helmet.Why if was originally bought as an original ESB helmets is sold to the public like a combo of ANH mask with the original ESB dome?

The ANH facemask has the c-scar and other marks and It seems that the original ESB mask had not .

Thanks experts.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm 

Where does Brian's BM fit in with regards to accuracy?

Joe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:42 pm 
Site Admin

There are several threads on the TM helmet, but this one is the one to start with, in my opinion:

the-tm-esb-vader-helmet-vt1654.html

The facemask is a combination. It retains many of the screen used ANH features and details, while also having the ESB extensions, so is a little bit of both. It was never prepped like the screen used ESB helmets, but was left fairly intact prior to painting it with thick layers of paint. It was a huge surprise when the face mask was stripped, revealing all the details hidden under the paint, showing things many of us didn't even know about at the time.

The helmet labeled the TM ESB sports a "reverse engineered" (consisting of smoothing the surfaces and shapes) TM face mask to the hero ESB look with a pure ESB dome.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:40 pm 
Random avatar

My 2 cents regarding this question:

ANH: SL although the TM faceplate is on par in my opinion. Everyone has its pro and cons. But if you look at a complete helmet cast it would be the SL.

ESB: TM...there is simply no a alternative to this beauty.

ROTJ: Regarding the lineage it might be the GH ROTJ but if you would like to go for the most accurate look its the TM for me.

The BM ROTJ is coming from a ROTJ production mold....at least thats what Brian Muir said and i have no doubts he is right :wink: A beautiful helmet indeed but not available.

The 20th century helmet from Kent (Darth Stone) is certainly a fantastic helmet. I own a copy which is made like the original and its more a hybrid cast (ESB/ROTJ) and not a first or second gen copy from an OT helmet.
Nontheless is one of my favorite helmets in my collection and i'm very proud on it.

@Dave You never told me you are working on a stunt version of an ESB helmet also :cool:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:33 pm 
Site Admin

As to date without going into other aspects I said years ago about these various pro's and con's with authentic helmets and can flaw each one in enough areas in the quest for perfection.

I agree with the majority about the choices if we aren't talking about one offs that are unexposed to date.
As for ROTJ, Brian's dome (discounting vader's left flange) is the most accurate and the TM JRX ROTJ for the face )although this lacks some accuracy) and lineage wise yes perhaps the GH ROTJ but that's not solid either as is the un-modified Jeff casting that was so called meant to relate etc to screen format but nice enough looking in clean up form.

As for the rareness of a TM etc I may sell one of my casts shortly, watch the black market. Thining my collection, a little :wink: .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:10 pm 

Thanks for all this info.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:56 pm 

Hi again.I have a new vision of the vader helmets after start this thread.

I have a ROTJ GH helmet and I´ll start trying to add a TM and SL to my collection.

Thanks to all for sharing this info.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:44 am 
Random avatar

Good luck :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:14 am 

Where does the TD fall into this? Or are we only talking full helmets? The TD/SL is a beautiful combo.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:27 am 
Random avatar

Nice mask but detailwise not as good as the SL or TM mask...too much paint on it :wink: And nobody knows for sure whats under it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:03 pm 

I didn't mention the TD since it is only a mask, not a complete helmet. But it does have some pretty good detail, in some parts on par with the SL and other areas not so much. Since it is painted, it isn't possible to tell if it has the really fine microscopic paint details the SL has. It has a few earlier features than the SL, which makes it unique in some ways, but unfortunately no dome. Maybe now that I have a better camera I could try to illustrate some of the detail similarities/differences in another thread sometime.

The BM ROTJ I am sure is a great helmet, unfortunately Brian has not shown enough of it here (only small lower resolution images of the casting in its original condition) so at least for my part that is why I didn't mention it. The mask is essentially like an ESB mask (someone can correct me if I am wrong, I'm going by the low resolution images that were shown), so then the GH ROTJ mask would still be closer to an original ROTJ.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:31 pm 

I preffer the SL or TM mask.