It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:49 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:21 am 
Random avatar
voice in the crowd wrote:
These are made by a company called Sloan they are 10mm front mount LEDs, square lens they come as 5V, 12V and 24V DC. The 12V DC is more expensive but the red lamp is also 12V so I plumped for that as I can light them all with the same power supply then.

What is the voltage rating on the ones in the first post it looks like it says they are 230V AC which is mains power.

I also think Sloan make the red lights but the ones pictured in this thread are a clear red the originals are an opaque red.

RS Components stock the green ones "Green lights" (<--- link)

For any UK people wanting them.

Cheers Chris.

I think that the pair I got a year or so ago were 230v. I'll have to check. It also looked like they had regular light bulbs cast into them.

John

(Link edited by staff to prevent it from messing up the page. Unfortunately, the link color is similar to the quote background making it invisible. It has been marked by quotation marks. Thanks)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:00 am 
Random avatar

these are indicator lights of an older type and so there is an bulb in it.
the voltage is nor Problem, because the body is the same. in ANH i dont think they used the 230V ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:48 pm 
Random avatar

jay wrote:
these are indicator lights of an older type and so there is an bulb in it.
the voltage is nor Problem, because the body is the same. in ANH i dont think they used the 230V ones.

LEDs and lamps would both have been available in the 1970s so either might be accurate. Without an original belt box we will never know.

The voltage might be a problem as on Vader's belt the green lamps light up so it might be a problem lighting a 230V lamp without risk of killing yourself :lol

Cheers Chris.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:12 pm 
Random avatar
I suspect that the LED's would look different from normal light bulbs. So it may be fairly easy to determine which was used on screen. The LED technology has dramatically changes since the 70's.

JB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:52 pm 
Random avatar

What about the clouded red lights?
Is there a source?

Post subject: Re: ANH belt box green lights!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:31 pm 

Is there a new lead on where to get these? Anyone?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:33 pm 

I had an extra set until recently. I forget the source, but it is now known, as opposed to a few years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:50 am 
Random avatar

Arcturus1020 wrote:
Is there a new lead on where to get these? Anyone?

As a general Information or are you in need of them ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:42 pm 

I can still get the correct ones. Let's get a head count of how many folks need them........how many pairs total and I'll place an order.

I sell them for $10 per pair (enough for one belt), USA, and $15 per pair overseas.

Dave

PS correction, I looked to be sure and I actually have 6 pairs in hand right now. I forgot all about them. :)

I also have the red green chestbox ANH lenses on order. I lucked up and found 4 pairs. I sell those for $95 shipped in the USA, $100 overseas.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:01 am 

voice in the crowd wrote:
These are made by a company called Sloan they are 10mm front mount LEDs, square lens they come as 5V, 12V and 24V DC. The 12V DC is more expensive but the red lamp is also 12V so I plumped for that as I can light them all with the same power supply then.

What is the voltage rating on the ones in the first post it looks like it says they are 230V AC which is mains power.

I also think Sloan make the red lights but the ones pictured in this thread are a clear red the originals are an opaque red.

RS Components stock the green ones check rswww.com stock number 2508345581.

For any UK people wanting them.

Cheers Chris

You are referring to the SloanLED part #767-122? I believe the "-122" part refers to the voltage (122 = 12 volts IIRC) - so really just SloanLED #767?

Profile E-mail