It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: Sideshow 1:1 Vader
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:26 pm 

Not sculpted but very thin leather riveted very tight to the torso. Doesn't look good imho.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:12 pm 

xmr1 wrote:
Not sculpted but very thin leather riveted very tight to the torso. Doesn't look good imho.

yeah ok..that's what i thought..and i agree..they should loosen it up a bit. but without loosing the definition of his musculature

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:32 pm 

Brent72 wrote:
Vadermonkey wrote:
Well you've just read me saying it. You better get the Car Fax on this one. :thumbsup

I'd love to know in what respects you think the Sideshow statue looks as inaccurate as the Rubies one. Do tell.

The short version is that I just think the only improvement is adding actual soft parts (though in design and quality looks on par to a Rubies soft parts set IMO) and misc small improvements like the buckle, paint on the belt boxes, a painted (though homemade) chestbox...the Rubies at least had an LFL sourced component for that.

The Rubies statue as a whole suffered mostly from a sucked in abdomen and improper dressing and they took the cheap route on a couple of things but over all both figures lack in all of the same areas, granted for slightly different reasons...not apples and oranges though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:46 am 
Random avatar

Vadermonkey wrote:
Brent72 wrote:
Vadermonkey wrote:
Well you've just read me saying it. You better get the Car Fax on this one. :thumbsup

I'd love to know in what respects you think the Sideshow statue looks as inaccurate as the Rubies one. Do tell.

The short version is that I just think the only improvement is adding actual soft parts (though in design and quality looks on par to a Rubies soft parts set IMO) and misc small improvements like the buckle, paint on the belt boxes, a painted (though homemade) chestbox...the Rubies at least had an LFL sourced component for that.

The Rubies statue as a whole suffered mostly from a sucked in abdomen and improper dressing and they took the cheap route on a couple of things but over all both figures lack in all of the same areas, granted for slightly different reasons...not apples and oranges though.

Completely 100% disagree with your assessment, but you're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine so we'll just leave it at that.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:27 am 

I can respect that...and not to debate but I'd still be interested to hear your take on it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:44 am 

DynamicMenace wrote:
mparent wrote:
I'm 99.9% positive the belt buckle is mine. Gino ordered 2 ROTJ buckles from me 4-5 months ago.

Michael

http://www.rebelscum.com/SDCC12/2012_SD ... G_9340.JPG

Gino says in the video that SWC posted everything was made by them except for the gloves. well, he agrees with star wars chick when she says that "everything was made by you guys except the gloves". not very cool to take credit if the buckle is yours.

I guess I will know for sure if he orders 500 buckles.... :wink:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:22 am 

LoL :lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:54 pm 

mparent wrote:
DynamicMenace wrote:
mparent wrote:
I'm 99.9% positive the belt buckle is mine. Gino ordered 2 ROTJ buckles from me 4-5 months ago.

Michael

Gino says in the video that SWC posted everything was made by them except for the gloves. well, he agrees with star wars chick when she says that "everything was made by you guys except the gloves". not very cool to take credit if the buckle is yours.

:lol yeah i guess you will.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:31 am 
Random avatar

Vadermonkey wrote:
I can respect that...and not to debate but I'd still be interested to hear your take on it.

Seriously? Well, let's see...on the Rubies the entire body suit isn't made of leather, the cape, cod piece, belt boxes, belt buckle, inner robes and shin guards are not accurate, it doesn't have gloves because they're part of the rubber body, the helmet is wrong and it doesn't even have boots. On top of that, the body is COMPLETELY wrong as it looks like Kevin Durant is inside the suit. I'd love to hear you try and point out that many flaws on the Sideshow version.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:54 am 

mparent wrote:
DynamicMenace wrote:
mparent wrote:

Michael

After having one already, he could find someone to make more from this one...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:24 am 

I did sent him a PM on the RPF. I busted his balls a little telling him that the buckle he used on the display looked mighty familiar. I also told him that if he needed a few hundred more I would cut him a sweet deal... :lol I have yet to hear back from him...Imagine that :rolleyes

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:26 pm 

Brent72 wrote:
Vadermonkey wrote:

Seriously? Well, let's see...on the Rubies the entire body suit isn't made of leather, the cape, cod piece, belt boxes, belt buckle, inner robes and shin guards are not accurate, it doesn't have gloves because they're part of the rubber body, the helmet is wrong and it doesn't even have boots. On top of that, the body is COMPLETELY wrong as it looks like Kevin Durant is inside the suit. I'd love to hear you try and point out that many flaws on the Sideshow version.

Ha ha ha...everything that is wrong on the Rubies is wrong on the SS. At a glance as a finished product SS obviously looks 'nicer' but being able to go beyond a glance and see the individual parts on their own my opinion is the same...its a wasted opportunity

Last edited by Vadermonkey on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:28 pm 

mparent wrote:
I also told him that if he needed a few hundred more I would cut him a sweet deal... :lol

Nice... :lol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:28 am 
Random avatar

Vadermonkey wrote:
Brent72 wrote:
Vadermonkey wrote:

Ha ha ha...everything that is wrong on the Rubies is wrong on the SS. At a glance as a finished product SS obviously looks 'nicer' but being able to go beyond a glance and see the individual parts on their own my opinion is the same...its a wasted opportunity

Like i said, we'll just have to disagree then.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:27 am 
Random avatar

Can anyone clarify if what sideshow is using to make their 1:1 life size statues Boba fett ,Han solo in carbonite and the Darth vader ROTJ.
Are they cast from original moulds or is it a 3d scan or something of that nature.

I miss what Don Post did and how awesome it was when you would get his catalog back in the late 90's with the Lucasfilm Archive collection,it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up with excitement.

what is the general view of the rotj vader is its sideshows or is it someone elses creation.

Thank you to all!

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next