It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: Info needed on Jason Joiners Promotion Troopers
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:48 pm 
Random avatar
All I will say is that I cannot see if the chest does or does not have the rivets as it is not the clearest of photos.

The belt does not have any rivet covers and it a different white compared to the armour, which is exactly the same as Simons suit. I don't see any extra rivets on the belt, but I do see some marks. Whethere they are rivets is impossible to tell at this stage.

If we could see a better resolution photo it would definitely help.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:05 pm 
Random avatar

Hi Paul,

Yeah I was just speculating of course :)

One other thing I noticed is the chest in the exhibition shot has the ribbed shoulder piece in place and the Simon suit doesn't have these - not saying they couldn't have been taken off of course.

Cheers Chris

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:21 am 
Random avatar
Hi Chris,

I am only speculating too. Until we see a better resolution photo that is all anyone can do.

The thing that strikes me as odd about the shoulder straps is the shape and position of it. It doesn't have the thick starter block like all the other original straps and the position of the strap is virtually on the very tip of the chest plate, almost as if it is resting on. Simon's suit has the flat straps attached with rivets and there is no doubt these have been done with the original restoration of the brackets because they use the exact same hardware. It's a bit odd too because each side uses a different method of keeping them in place on the back plate.

Going back to this trooper - the oddly painted mouth with the black border is interesting. I wonder if Simon recalls if his helmet was like this before he stripped the paint off?

The extra black paint could have inspired the owner to start painting other parts of the suit and Simon added to that at a later date?

The quest continues......

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:58 pm 

Great effort on this guys! :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:26 pm 
Random avatar

troopermaster wrote:
Going back to this trooper - the oddly painted mouth with the black border is interesting. I wonder if Simon recalls if his helmet was like this before he stripped the paint off?

Hi Paul,

If memory serves me well when the RS Props Trooper first got shown on the RPF I had posted some pictures of other troopers that had either been stripped of paint or repainted. I am sure when I showed a pic of the Propstore helmet and said it had been striped of some paint Simon said that his helmet had less paint on it than the Propstore when he got it.

Oviously we both know the the helmets and armour pieces could easily have been mixed and matched.

Cheers Chris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:01 pm 

Do you mean this one?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:07 am 
Random avatar
voice in the crowd wrote:
Simon said that his helmet had less paint on it than the Propstore when he got it.

It would be really good to see a photo of the helmet with whatever paint was left on it. It would surely help us identify it.