It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: eFX ANH Hero Stormtrooper Legend Edition
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:55 am 

yakcam wrote:
It's not the price of the bucket that's the problem for me, it's the shipping. I'd imagine that the box would be a bit smaller than the Vader, which going by FedEx is going to cost me $818 for economy or $1192 priority. I'm pretty confidant that shipping for the Stormtrooper will be north of $500. It's one of those "Damned if you do (wife will kill me) and Damned if you don't (miss out on a really nice collectible)" scenario's. But it's getting harder to resist the temptation every time I look at the pics... Must... resist... :drool

Well that's make me angry cause to Germany it will not realy cheaper.But they can ship it as high as they want , the will sell all the helmets in 5 min. only in the US.
So i think it will not realy interest them that many collectors in the rest of the world would also like to get one of this nice pieces.
May it's the plan want to sell those helmet's only in the US.
If it realy comes to this, i wait for a recast. Yes a recast. :violent And pay the half price. :angry4 That sucks. realy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:24 am 
Random avatar

I think it would be pretty arrogant and ignorant to sell them only to US buyers or taking that huge and ridicolous shipping taxes. If they would decide to sell them to their EU retailers everybody would be pleasend and happy. I really hope they change their selling practices. Perhaps Brian could chime in and give us some good news?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:46 am 

Yes it would be, but they have done it at the AnH Legend edition, the helmet got sold out in 5 min. So i'm sure they will do it this time ,too.
I hope not, but i suspect it.
Agree also it would be nice if Brian could say here something definite about this.
Till this i'm silent.( Not want to bring my displease about this more here in this thread)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:49 pm 
Site Admin

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:21 pm 

Wow!

Those pictures are insane. GINO is certainly good for eFX as he has clearly had a huge imput in this. Now we have perfect cast from original helmet stunt and Heros! Simply amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:58 pm 
Site Admin

EDIT: Oh yeah, I know I labeled it *for use on The Den* but anyone's free to re-post those screen caps anywhere.

Last edited by Too Much Garlic on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:12 am 

I sincerely hope this will NOT be available until after I've finished paying for the Legend Vader.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:39 pm 

looks like a nice helmet, and if claims are true about it's source, then it is even more impressive. I keep looking for a detail that is not present though... the line scribed into the buck across the back of the head, above the trumblehorn, or whatever you guys call it. Not an absolute trooper expert though, maybe all helmets didn't have that line?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:50 pm 
Site Admin

Is this the line you're referring to?

That line isn't present on the Hero helmets afaik.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:53 pm 

I just double checked pics of the Hero helmet they exhibited at C-IV and it doesn't have that line either. Must have just been on the stunt pulls.

At first I really wasn't all that interested in this helmet but the more they show the more I want!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:49 pm 
Site Admin

The hero is overall softer than the stunts. All the minute details we have been obsessing about being on the new RSprops helmets are simply not features that are on the heroes or when they are, they are very, very soft. Like the ridge across the back of the back'n'cap + the tear trap detail. The teeth in the frown are also softer and the smaller ones nearly non-existent. It also doesn't have all those bumps and lumps that the stunts have all over the face and back'n'cap. From what I can see of the mold and the prototype I see a very convincing hero helmet.

Of course, someone more studied in the heroes could probably pick up things I don't... but I think they are going for über accuracy with this line and the fact that they are working with international retailers on this one to secure not only US buyers or super rich intl buyers get one is just showing that they really care about their costumers.

With this level of accuracy in their offerings... if they ever produce the Scout or the Imperial Guard... I think we have a bright future in licensed prop collecting ahead of us.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:57 am 

Hey Carsten where did you hear they are working with international retailers because if thats true you`ve just made me a very happy trooper.Fingers crossed. :thumbsup

Ben

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:08 am 
Site Admin

Either on the RPF or on the Rebelscum thread.

EDIT: Found it. Hope it's okay to repost the reply Bryan made to a user on the Rebelscum forum.

eFXBryan wrote:
This is the EXACT reason why we made the Legend Vader available on our website only! We had to make sure that the customer knew what they were buying. You can imagine if some"casual" fan was searching for a Vader helmet and came across a Legend online. So, they purchase one and then when they receive it, they will immediately return it thinking that it is defective.
Now, as for the Stormtrooper helmet, I had meetings with all of our international distributors at Comic-Con and we will be making the new Legend Stormtrooper helmet available to them, but we will work with them to choose certain retailers in different regions who will cooperate with us to make sure that their website is very clear about what this helmet is. More information on this program will be coming.

Thanks!

Bryan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:41 pm 

Thanks Carsten you've just made my day. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:26 pm 

yes that's the line. Thanks for the clarification. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next