It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:01 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: The TM ANH facemask and the C-scar.
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:34 am 
Random avatar

Hey, all.

I'm brand new here. I joined yesterday from the RPF because this conversation is pretty much the most intriguing prop-related thing I've seen in years. :cheers

Let me just say that this thread is downright amazing (as is the EFX ANH Vader thread on this forum, of which I've read a few pages) and I've enjoyed absorbing everyone's thoughts and responses. Above all, it's FASCINATING to finally see this enigmatic c-scar in full view(s). I may never be one of the few lucky people to own one of these incredible helmets myself, but you have my sincere thanks for sharing these extra large, crisp photos for "the rest of us."

Cheers,

Ryan

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:24 am 
Random avatar

Zuka Zamamee wrote:
I bet the whole costume is a new one, including the helmet. I mean, look at things like the thickness of the dome side (flaps). Pretty thin... indicative of the LFL repro/tour helmets. I have seen wider pics of the suit and things are different, like the buckle, like the cod, like the chestbox.

If i remember right we all have seen this costume here on the Den. Jez posted it here because a friend of him bought this in a lucky minute and we named it as the MP (movie poster) helmet/costume. Its told to be a brother of the SL/DJ/eFX.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:19 pm 

Glad to see the history, I'll admit I was away from the den for so very long and missed some of the discussions. When I came back I tried to catch up, but with real life and losing my place about what I had already read..............I just missed that info. I do thank you gents for sharing it again with me, just one more jigsaw puzzle piece of the big picture. :)

Was so excited about all the screen stills and the dimensional scar that I reviewed them like 3 times last night. The two I posted are the most obvious and different from each other in that scene, but there were like a progression of 8 pics and it was obvious how the scar changed as the direction of the light changed. Pretty good proof it was definitely on the screen helmet in a dimensional form, something you'd feel with your finger, not a flat painted thing that would be there in all lighting situations.

Grab your copy and capture them for yourself. Please, don't just take my own word. Best way to get to the nitty gritty is to observe it with your own two eyes. Oh and the pics I posted, the resolution is great enough that you can really enlarge it and keep the detail. :)

Dave

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:32 pm 
Site Admin

Carsten asked me how the Staff would feel about restoring the old TM thread? So, we've discussed it and saw no reason to keep it hidden in the dusty archives of The Prop Den any longer.

So Densters, here it is!

I've reopened it in the Privileged Section. And although it's been stripped of all its pics and almost four and a half years old it's fun reading all those posts from back then! :ac6

Enjoy! :cheers

http://thepropden.aokforums.com/1-vt251.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:02 pm 

TM guys, I'm all about learning all I can about your fantastic helmet, but in reality, I don't think it's in the best interest of the TM community to provide any further "proof" over on the other board. gino and his comrades cannot back down in the face of any proof. They will just end up turning your own words and photos around for some vague argument to make you look stupid.

Keep the info to yourself. All you need are screen stills to prove it one way or the other. Notice they keep avoiding any mention of the screen stills. They can't win on that battleground.
Protect the integrity of ALL TM owners and just pretend the damned C scar is exactly what gino desperately wants it to be. His opinion cannot harm any of you. I think everyone knows you met his challenge with grace and clarity. That's why many of his most heated supporters sorta switched sides yesterday. Who wants to ride the ship who's nose is down and who's ass is 30 stories up in the air? He's now crowing that none of the UK helmets have a C scar based on the TD. What a moron.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:57 pm 

I agree that screen caps or review of the actual footage is necessary. In fact, I'm planning on popping the movie in again tomorrow.

These Vader threads have been the best reads since the hunts for all of the Obi saber parts.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:18 pm 

..I know a lot of people on the RPF have a hard time believing the resin theory, and some what understandable after the confusion regarding the photo of the TM being photoshopped. Unfortunately I do not have a pic of the cheek area, but here is the TM grill during the stripping process:

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:36 pm 

Thanks for the Pics RBJ, When i saw Gino's posted pic of the mask i must admit i could not see where the resin meets the mask but looking at the teeth you can see how its mistaken as part of the casting, Heres to more pics :wink:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:40 pm 

NagelFan wrote:
Thanks for posting this Karo.

You're welcome. Just keep an open mind like you are doing and don't believe the hype. Do your research. Don't take anyone's word on anything they say. Base your beliefs on everything that is presented to you and take it all in with an impartial viewpoint. No one knows everything there is to know about vader, so everyone will be wrong at one point or another. Try to differentiate between a person's opinion and someone's opinion stated as fact. You get a lot of wild accusations and incorrect assumptions based on nothing more than pure speculation. Yet those same people will go on some ridiculous crusade to make you believe what they are saying is true.

I don't know about anyone else, but anyone who claims to be a vader expert who puts an ESB detail specific faceplate on their ANH display and boast that it's ANH, then shows an ESB faceplate on his ESB display without those specific ESB details and tries to tell you that both came from untainted original molds, well I would question ANYTHING that person says because it's clear they have no clue what details should and shouldn't be on certain casts. I surely wouldn't listen to the same person who now wants to tell me about what should and shouldn't be on a ANH faceplate based on only having one cast from one mold where some of us have multiple authentic casts from multiple authentic molds from around the world.

Don't believe the hype and do your homework folks. In the end, the answer is crystal clear.

Last edited by Lambotour on Mon May 02, 2011 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:41 pm 

Awesome example Jay. Slowly, but surely, we will chip away at the bullshit being spewed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:18 pm 

Very nice. C'mon, his very own forum is called Propaganda. I'ts his way of life. It's in his friggin signature for heaven's sake. The very title is intended to thumb his nose at all the people he has mislead intentionally thru the years. It's all a big ole Joke to him. Sadly, he's his own punchline.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:51 pm 

The AMAZING vanishing C-Scar..dimentional objects do that, paint details do not..no photoshop or tricks..click Image to see the video

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:11 pm 

That is priceless. That needs to be posted over there. That is cool to the nth degree..........LOL

Wait, do it again, only this time start the video from the other side, and post it looks like gino is right, smooth as a baby's ass.................wait wait wait ...................damn there is that fucking C scar!!!! LOL

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:19 pm 

this is a TM copy, not the master...
We the know the C-scar is there in the copies.

BTW, in pic above it showed only a removing work?

There is a particolar that seems to be added...

Don't look at me in a bad light, I'm just trying to understand better.... :thumbsup

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:23 pm 

"this is a TM copy, not the master...
We the know the C-scar is there in the copies."

True, but this illustrates how a dimentional object like the C-Scar can disappear in certian lighting and certian angles..has noting to do with the "added C-scar" debate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next