It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:09 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: TE2 ANH helmet(TANTIVE IV)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:43 am 

troopermaster wrote:
Excellent job man!

Really looks awesome :thumbsup

Thanks a lot Paul, your work is reallly inspiring to me. I am glad you like mine.

Turrican wrote:
R2Dan wrote:
awesome job on the trap details! :)

Hey cool, nice to see you here mate :salut

To AJCG:
Absolute superb work!!
Stunning :thumbsup

Thanks a lot. Now the scratch version is coming. I hope you like it too

Too Much Garlic wrote:
Can't wait to see more. What color did you use for the tube stripes? Looks like a more vibrant blue than I'm used to... or maybe I'm just tired.

Thanks Carsten :salut more caming real soon :thumbsup . The Blue i used was Humbrol gloss #14.

T-VIRUS wrote:
Wow...what a great piece of work. I love it. :thumbsup

Cheers budd, thank you; your words really encourage me to keep improving.

Cheers

A

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:51 am 

Ok guys, this is it. I just finished a late photoshoot at my place. The new shots are almost identical to the last one but this one I would call them the "real" tantive IV version. Scratches are visible now...maybe a bit to much but also the original had quite many. If you guys wish to see any other angles I could take more pics. Again thanks for your suport and I hope you like the final result :thumbsup

Cheers

A

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:06 am 
Site Admin

That's looking awesome... insane how much those black marks changes the look for the better.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:01 am 

Wow, that is insane. This is the way to make a stormtrooper helmet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:32 am 

You did a fantastic job on this ANH helmet! I especially love the work you did on the trap details and the tube stripes! You did an excellent job on the weathering as well! A very fine helmet all around! :thumbsup

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:21 pm 
Random avatar

Excellent work! Out of interest how are you doing those black scratches? I keep thinking it could be chinagraph pen but then again...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

Psammead wrote:
Excellent work! Out of interest how are you doing those black scratches? I keep thinking it could be chinagraph pen but then again...

I asked that earlier and he answered:
AJCG wrote:
Hey Carsten, you are welcome. I love Humbrol paints. Related to the weathering you are right; I used previously that technique , I actually documented it before inthe ROTJ background helmet I built sometime ago;

3-vt2638.html?start=30

Also noticed that he listed the various Humbrol colors he used pretty early in the thread, before I asked... I must have missed it at that time. D'OH.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:03 pm 

Too Much Garlic wrote:
Psammead wrote:

AJCG wrote:
Hey Carsten, you are welcome. I love Humbrol paints. Related to the weathering you are right; I used previously that technique , I actually documented it before inthe ROTJ background helmet I built sometime ago;

3-vt2638.html?start=30

Also noticed that he listed the various Humbrol colors he used pretty early in the thread, before I asked... I must have missed it at that time. D'OH.

@ Carsten; no big deal...there is so many pictures so is hard to keep track of the details :thumbsup

Thanks again to all of you guys. I can say it has been a fun project but also took me a long time to achive the final results basically because I never had the time I wanted so most of the time I have been working on and off. Also I moved few months ago from California to New York and New York is not a friendly place were to spray paint helmets...specially in the City :lol :lol

Related to the weathering I used differents pieces of black plastic from the Neck trim and brow(to achieve different strokes and intensity). I also use in a smaller amount charcoal for remark certain features of the helmet. The reason I used this materials are because I think the results are convincing and if you get tired in time they are very easy to remove from any surface.

Cheers

A

PS if you guys are interested in any other angles in particular I can take more pics if you wish.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:35 pm 
Random avatar

Too Much Garlic wrote:
Psammead wrote:

AJCG wrote:

3-vt2638.html?start=30

Sorry, completely missed it on my previous read throughs but thanks for pointing it out and thanks for the info Armando.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:39 pm 

Psammead wrote:
Too Much Garlic wrote:
Psammead wrote:

AJCG wrote:

3-vt2638.html?start=30

Sorry, completely missed it on my previous read throughs but thanks for pointing it out and thanks for the info Armando.

Hey no worries, I am glad if it helps you :thumbsup

Cheers

A

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:23 pm 
Site Admin

Superb Armando! :eek Top notch work as always! :thumbsup

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:03 pm 

Armando,

That looks bloody Fantastic mate!

I love the beat up look of the old originals far more than the new clean look. Far more character...... :cheers :thumbsup

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:04 pm 

I forgot to add, I love the photo's.... What set up do you use?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:25 pm 

StarWars Collector wrote:
Superb Armando! :eek Top notch work as always! :thumbsup

Thank you very much Leo! I know you really meant it. Now I got to think what I want to do with my next helmet :cheers

sskunky wrote:
I forgot to add, I love the photo's.... What set up do you use?

Thanks a lot Mark. This is something I really wanted to do long ago but in away I was afraid to screw the helmet pristine look. The good thing is that the weathering is easy to remove if desire.

For the photos I used a canon T1i with a macro EFS 55-250 mm, the helmet was placed at a distance of 2,50 meters from the camera.

I hope this helps :thumbsup

Cheers

A

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:16 pm 

What back ground, lights etc. I really like the look you get in your photography.
I use a canon 50D with a 24-105mm l is lens but find if hard to get the same look.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next