It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: SDS has a new name
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:12 pm 
Site Admin

LINK

And guys...pls remember I'm just the messenger... :lol

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: SDS has a new name
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:17 pm 

Heh, insert foot in shoe and pull trigger. :ac10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:49 am 

Yeah, I saw that - Look! it's a real life GL impersonator in ST armor:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:06 am 

I see on his new Original Stormtrooper site on Facebook that he's going into the jelly mould business at £20 a pop :wink:

Someone asked if he could do a jelly mould for a suit and this is his reply :-

Original Stormtrooper that will take 15 gallons of jelly...but no problem give me another couple of days

Now that's a shed load of jelly :lol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:15 pm 

Ha ha ha - Hilarious!!!!! Looks like he modified his faceplate mold for the jelly to prevent recasters :dope

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:27 pm 

As the colour of the clay sculpt of the Stormtrooper helmet was not discussed in depth in the Lucasfilm vs Ainsworth court case, I feel that the facts should be revealed. Ainsworth has now re -written his version of events for the 6th time (5 amended statements being presented as the truth was produced) using the true facts that I put forward in my one and only statement.

No-one knew about the clay helmet that had been sculpted for the production until I informed Lucasfilm lawyers of its existence. After searching through their Archives a photo was found in the Gary Kurtz Archive. The clay helmet I saw outside the Art Department was the same colour as the clay that Liz and I were using on the film.

Ainsworth is now using a colour distorted photo of the clay helmet to try to show it as terracotta as Pemberton (who was incorrectly credited for sculpting the helmet) said he only worked with terracotta as it is cheap.

Again Ainsworth is trying to cheat Liz Moore out of the credit she so richly deserves for sculpting the helmet.

PP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:47 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for keeping on this. You can't stop a liar from lying, but you can stop others from believing a liar. The guy has dug in too deep in his lie to stop now - that's usually what happens when the dollar and pound sign flash before their eyes, then truth be damned.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:55 pm 

Too Much Garlic wrote:
Thanks for keeping on this. You can't stop a liar from lying, but you can stop others from believing a liar. The guy has dug in too deep in his lie to stop now - that's usually what happens when the dollar and pound sign flash before their eyes, then truth be damned.

I couldn't have put it better myself Carsten :thumbsup All I can do is put facts out there and there's more to come and let people form their own opinions.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:11 pm 
Site Admin

Why he keeps laying claims to the helmet sculpt or presenting false information is beyond ridiculous. He's not laying any claims to the armor, yet that doesn't stop him from selling that, so from a practical business sense... why maintain the lie?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:05 pm 

Too Much Garlic wrote:
Why he keeps laying claims to the helmet sculpt or presenting false information is beyond ridiculous. He's not laying any claims to the armor, yet that doesn't stop him from selling that, so from a practical business sense... why maintain the lie?

He does lay claim to sculpting the armour on his new websitede:-

Armour moulding detail.
Andrew set about making the moulds in a completely different way to that of clay sculpting. The moulds were hewed out of the resin/metal composite that Andrew had developed for just that purpose, much the same as a sculpture is hewed out of solid marble. The studios sent over a few useful plaster casts for reference, but they could not be used to make moulds, nor did they in any way constitute a complete set of armour.
Andrew sculpted the moulds to take into consideration the post trimming and assembly. The chemical welding process used for assembly required the parts to be substantial enough in thickness, so Andrew used a double step technique in the mould to stop the material from thinning when vacuum formed.
This could not possibly be conceived from a clay sculpting. You can see more about how the original armour was created in our video, below.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:35 am 
Site Admin

Ah... you're right. Sorry to add to the confusion.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:37 pm 
Site Admin

The law is backwards if you ask me. With all their might LFL still can't seem to take him down.

Reviews statuemodellarge-figure-review-section-vf203.html

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:51 am 

Darthvaderv wrote:
The law is backwards if you ask me. With all their might LFL still can't seem to take him down.

The main isssue for Lucasfilm is the copyright. It still seems incredible that the judge saw something conceptualised by an artist, sculpted by an artist and used for a film (in itself deemed art) and that had no function other than a costume could be defined as industrial.
It could maybe be argued that vacforming the Stormtrooper armour was an 'industrial' process but the resulting costume should be under the category of art.
Presumably because so much had to be covered during the court case, once it was established that Ainsworth had NOT sculpted the helmet then that point was left. It is sad that there were no clay comparisons presented and that with a very short interview with John Richardson who said Liz worked in grey clay made the judge rule that the helmet must have been sculpted by Pemberton. The 'grey' clay helmet is not clay at all it is painted - the paint has gone onto the wood below.

Although Ainsworth is using the photo of the clay helmet looking reddish according to his version he didn't use that helmet at all - according to him in his rush he damaged it and it collapsed - quite how it would collapse when it was solid I don't know - and it was of no use.
I mentioned to the lawyer several times before the court case that Ainsworth never stated how he 'sculpted' the armour but it was not brought up in court. He now says on his website that he sculpted the moulds as he did the helmet - using himself as a dummy :dope Now I would like to know how he did that. Is he saying he put plasticine on himself, sculpted one handed and then covered the sculpt (on himself) with the iron filing and fibreglass strand mixture then waited for it to go off and then cut it off himself!! Also how did he sculpt the back on himself - with a mirror one handed!! His dvd of making the armour is just vacforming from moulds - but where is the dvd of making the armour moulds ?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:28 pm 
Site Admin

vaderman wrote:
Is he saying he put plasticine on himself, sculpted one handed and then covered the sculpt (on himself) with the iron filing and fibreglass strand mixture then waited for it to go off and then cut it off himself!! Also how did he sculpt the back on himself - with a mirror one handed!!

He must do yoga. :blah

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:03 am 

All I can Say is Bullshit on AA's part... I received #47 trooper stunt in the first run and compared to to my TE, and thought W T Fuck? I also got the TIE Pilot #70, and was more impressed, aside from the faceplate... conclusion - he's a liar! given eveything as of late. I equate AA with O.J. Simpson... those din the U.S.A will know what I mean... but this is beating a 30 year old dead horse to post-mortum death many times over. I gather some of those in the U. K. have a soft spot for AA... But I am proudly in the indisputable camp supporting Brian and Liz.......... REMEMBER: Anything we have is a recast, anyway ... don't ever forget that !