It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:26 pm 

Qui-Gonzalez wrote:
Oh, so you did mod your normal DPCA, Mac? The best bit of modding I have seen, which makes the dome sit as correctly as possible, was Shalamar's slicing of the T and pushing it down to respectable. It looks like he used hot glue to keep it in place and with the dome, it looks very damn good. There are times I keep thinking about getting rid of it for something better, but frankly, it was my first. It's still waiting to be finished.

I've posted pics for SL on the RPF, I believe. It does not have the sickly neck flare as some of the later ones do. This could be because the ones that I am comparing it to haven't been photographed at a reasonable distance, a la your thread.

I'm too much of a historian at heart to want to cut up the DPCA, so no. The previous owner had trimmed the neck slightly but the rest of the mask is in original condition.

- Mac
( Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sculptingvader/ )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:45 pm 

CSMacLaren wrote:
Thomas,

Have you ever one a comp between your GH master and a regular GH ANH? For some reason, the GH master's dome has a much better defined domecap-to-flange fold line, whereas on the regular GH that fold line is very soft. Some GH ANHs had very wide necks, while some were narrow. Is it possible that the GH Master was more than just a master but better in shape and detail?

Yes invariably the master will be better in some ways. I used to have a GH copy and the master and noticed the same things. Although the GH copy I had was a later one and the neck appeared the same. I would say the detail was the same but the master was a bit sharper as one would expect from something a generation up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:55 pm 

Thomas,

I was thinking that a GH ANH discussion might be considered off topic. Shall we start a thread on this at some point in the near future?

- Mac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:01 am 

ya OT sorry....that's ok....it was more just a point of information...although it's up to you....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:10 am 

CSMacLaren wrote:
Thomas,

Have you ever one a comp between your GH master and a regular GH ANH? For some reason, the GH master's dome has a much better defined domecap-to-flange fold line, whereas on the regular GH that fold line is very soft. Some GH ANHs had very wide necks, while some were narrow. Is it possible that the GH Master was more than just a master but better in shape and detail?

You can find different neck sizes because modifications were made during castings as requested for smaller necks. Its not a difference in a mold but how the casting was done.

Sorry not trying to go OT, just providing information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:03 am 

Okay, so to help add to Qui-Gonzales' answer, part of the variances of vendor helmets comes from vendors directly manipulating the shape of the casting.

I had a question for Brian, but since he's flying to Florida, does that mean we have to wait until he returns to England?

- Mac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:13 am 

he mentioned here I believe that he'd be online from FL....plus we are dying to hear it!

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:57 am 

CSMacLaren wrote:
Okay, so to help add to Qui-Gonzales' answer, part of the variances of vendor helmets comes from vendors directly manipulating the shape of the casting.

I had a question for Brian, but since he's flying to Florida, does that mean we have to wait until he returns to England?

Hi Mac,

I'm happy to take time out from lazing round the pool here in sunny Florida :cool: to answer any questions you have.

Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:08 pm 
Random avatar

CSMacLaren wrote:

I kinda figured that, Mac, after Brian cleared up the mold issue.

Brian, you are a better man than I. Were I poolside in sunny Florida, the last thing I would look at is a PC. God bless ladies in swimwear!*sniffle*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:23 pm 

Qui-Gonzalez wrote:
CSMacLaren wrote:

I kinda figured that, Mac, after Brian cleared up the mold issue.

Brian, you are a better man than I. Were I poolside in sunny Florida, the last thing I would look at is a PC. God bless ladies in swimwear!*sniffle*

It's not a chore - I'm enjoying it :wink:

Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:27 pm 

Brian (typical english question)
Whats the weather like over there and what time is it????

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:13 pm 

CSMacLaren wrote:
Thomas,

Mac, GH himself told me he pinched the sides of the molds neck together after many comments on the width of his first run of masks were made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:53 am 

chefhawk wrote:
Brian (typical english question)
Whats the weather like over there and what time is it????

cheers

It's hot,sunny and it's time for another swim :lol (we're 5 hours behind england)

a very chilled Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:31 am 

Even in winter it's 25 degrees C here on the Gold Coast of Australia :)

Sorry for the OT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:40 pm 

Dont appologise for the o/t, theres nothing more that us brits like to talk about is the weather....

cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next