It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:14 pm 
Random avatar
BingoBongo275 wrote:
Yes - looks a lot like one to me.

IIRC a few years back a certain "Expert" put a myth round that the RotJ trooper decals had a purple-ish tinge to them. I was able to knock this on the head with pics of a couple opf original ESB's (one colour-matched) which showed they were just the same dull grey

Cheers

Jez

Yeah well, sadly I am color blind to darker hues and to me it looks purple-ish blue. At least I didnt buy AA's lines of BS hook line and sinker like someone I know. :rolleyes

Last April when I was at the archives doing work I did find an unused set of ROTJ decals and I did not get a chance to take photos of them. I can say that there are different color degrees as well from the 30+ helmets left tossed into boxes there. Is there a correct color? Sure.. but again they do vary from helmet to helmet...

T*E

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:25 pm 

Good to see you back around here Matt.

Any chance you have some more pics of your old original helmet that havent been posted?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:54 pm 
Random avatar
slasher x wrote:

Any chance you have some more pics of your old original helmet that havent been posted?

Yep, tons.. But since people like t steal them from me and post without giving credit, (gino and others) I dont share stuff anymore. Sorry, getting to be a bastard in my old age,

Well, not starting.. always been one I guess.

T*E

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:29 pm 

T*E wrote:
BingoBongo275 wrote:
Yes - looks a lot like one to me.

IIRC a few years back a certain "Expert" put a myth round that the RotJ trooper decals had a purple-ish tinge to them. I was able to knock this on the head with pics of a couple opf original ESB's (one colour-matched) which showed they were just the same dull grey

Cheers

Jez

Yeah well, sadly I am color blind to darker hues and to me it looks purple-ish blue. At least I didnt buy AA's lines of BS hook line and sinker like someone I know. :rolleyes

T*E

LOL - good to hear you're not losing your sense of humour!

Cheers

Jez

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:31 pm 
Site Admin

T*E wrote:
But since people like t steal them from me and post without giving credit, (gino and others) I dont share stuff anymore.

Matt, why don't you start watermarking your pics?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:57 pm 
Random avatar
Thats not the point. People seem to think they can use whatever, whenever they want to. I have had to threaten legal action for using my name, my screen name and also my pics in ebay auctions.

Its the principle f the matter. I just dont feel like being nice after having stuff ripped off all the time and no one cares.

T*E

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:09 pm 

T*E wrote:
slasher x wrote:

Yep, tons.. But since people like t steal them from me and post without giving credit, (gino and others) I dont share stuff anymore. Sorry, getting to be a bastard in my old age,

Well, not starting.. always been one I guess.

T*E

Matt,

If you send it to me, I can do up the graphics such that your name will most certainly be attributed to the photo. It would be a valuable resource.

- Mac
( Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sculptingvader/ )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:07 pm 
Random avatar
I appreciate the offer, but in the end the se photos will not be released. I have 5 or 6 CD's worth of just the ANH stuff and there are obvious reasons as to why they wont be shared.

Everyone thinks they have the most accurate ANH suit, (esp. little gino) and they dont. I even had no clue about details the camera doesnt see until I handled the suits and worked with them for 2 weeks.

One day maybe but not anytime real soon am afraid.

T*E

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:39 pm 

T*E wrote:
I appreciate the offer, but in the end the se photos will not be released. I have 5 or 6 CD's worth of just the ANH stuff and there are obvious reasons as to why they wont be shared.

Everyone thinks they have the most accurate ANH suit, (esp. little gino) and they dont. I even had no clue about details the camera doesnt see until I handled the suits and worked with them for 2 weeks.

T*E

Matt, thats a load of crap and you know it.

Seems you relish in coming onto sites like this time and time again with the same "I've got some super great photos but I'm not prepared to share them with you" garbage.

You did it on white armour - asking some ridiculous price for your photo's, only to back down when people called you on it.

It comes across like someone begging for attention and is incredibly unimpresive :rolleyes

Cheers

Jez

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:09 pm 
Site Admin

It has been peaceful lately and debates have been constructive for the most part.

Lets just keep the thread on track.

So a friendly warning that we can do without hostility.

Reviews statuemodellarge-figure-review-section-vf203.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:18 am 
Random avatar
BingoBongo275 wrote:
T*E wrote:

T*E

Matt, thats a load of crap and you know it.

Seems you relish in coming onto sites like this time and time again with the same "I've got some super great photos but I'm not prepared to share them with you" garbage.

You did it on white armour - asking some ridiculous price for your photo's, only to back down when people called you on it.

It comes across like someone begging for attention and is incredibly unimpresive :rolleyes

Cheers

Jez

Well Jez, I will share but even your site has had 'issues' with not giving credit where credit is due. I have had to tell you to give the credit or remove photos numerous times. to your credit, you do.. but against you, postings have happened without peoples ok's as well.

And again, they are my photos and I can do what I like with them. The AA trial will be over and done with in a few days and I will be more than happy to post one or two that will make people shit themselves.

I have already shown a few of the photos on the whitearmor boards and I will do a few here as well.

T*E

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:04 pm 

Matt, Not sure with what you refer.

My site does most certainly give credit, where it is due. If people feel I've not done this then I always do my best to put it right if its warranted. As a case in point, originally I referred to your helmets as "TE" until you asked that they be referred to as "Anon", which I complied with until you said you were happy with "TE" again. Whatever way you want it!

You certainly can do whatever you want with your pics. The fact that you prefer to sell them for exorbitant sums is completely your call. My point was that I don’t see why you feel the need to rub people’s noses in it.

The ethos of SWHelmets and IMO this hobby is based on sharing and I find it disappointing when the attitude of others is at odds with that.

When the AA case is over a lot of info and pics will come out. It started today.

Cheers

Jez

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:50 pm 
Random avatar
Who said sharing was the ethos of this hobby? I got news for you all. I am the only one that cast an ANH helmet and offered people the chance to get a copy. Not gino or anyone else that ripped off my work I did back in 1999.

So dont try to say I haven't shared with you all. I have done more sharing than anyone else here has. About the pics, I have had to email you many times to say whose pics you are using or take them down.

Yes I know the AA trial already started. I was the first to know... It was over before it even began. The evidence against him is so overwhelming he STILL thinks he can win and decided to pursue this fantasy he created the look of the stormtroopers.

Bye AA!... nice to know you!.. dont let it hit you where the good Lord split you!

T*E

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:46 pm 
Site Admin

PLEASE - ONLY post if you have something to contribute to this thread!

So, Please refrain from off-topic posts.

Thank you.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:00 pm 

Maybe you should delete all the crap since a certain person said he had pics but wouldnt share. Including this post thats the last 15.

Cheers

Jez

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next