It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:31 pm 
Random avatar

:lol :thumbsup Lookin forward to your progress. Will post some pics from my inaccurate vader statues within the next days after i now know how to post pics here in the forum :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:17 am 

got my GG Stormtrooper bust the other day...wow did they do a hell of a job on that helmet...yikes. right down to the irridescent green eyes. wow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:33 pm 
Site Admin

The new Darth Vader ESB Statue. So... how accurate is it?

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Da ... 110731.asp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

So, anyone got the new ESB Vader statue? It's really mind-numbing how few pictures are actually available of this statue, even though it's been available for a while now and several people own one.

How accurate is it? Is it in the correct scale - sixth scale - or undersized like the ESB bust? Any pictures of the helmet? Anything?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:27 pm 

I might be picking one up this weekend. I will take some pics if i do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:34 pm 

This is by far the best statue GG has made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:25 pm 

I gotta get me one of those! :bow

Looks great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:53 pm 
Site Admin

What's the general scale of this thing? How does it compare with any of the other statues? Also, could you take a few close-up pictures of the helmet, please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:56 pm 
Site Admin

I guess it's nearly impossible to get anyone to show pictures of this statue that actually shows the details and close up details and to get an idea of its size - compared to for instance the Royal Guard as I have that one. It is not a complaint directed at anyone here, but more a general complaint. Owners at Rebelscum also don't show pictures of theirs, nor is the photo archive updated with photos.

From what I've seen then the scale issue WAS NOT fixed. The scale is all over the place - at least that's how it looks in the pictures - and the proportions are off. The flaws of the ESB Vader bust has been directly transferred to this one it seems, which means that it is under-sized.

Man, I would kick GG in the nuts for doing such a nut-job - not even getting the pose right or proper. It's a shame that they have all this technology at their disposal, but end up doing some odd things, re-scaling, dump-jobs on especially their Vader offerings - NOT ONE of their Vaders has been accurate... (don't know about the ep3 Vader as I don't know the details on that costume to bother check).

If anyone has this statue, as well as the Royal Guard... or possibly even the ESB Vader bust and can do some comparison pictures that'd be great. Would love to see if my observations are truly correct or whether they are hog-wash.

Maybe we should send GG a REAL helmet and armor, etc. and have them scan that so they can at least get SOMETHING right. But I guess that can't happen. Grumble, grumble... :violent

Don't mind me... I'm just venting...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:23 am 
Random avatar

I'm pretty sure that you won't see a statue or bust one time which is really screen accurate although GG or SS have their possibilitys to make it accurate. I think they think that its more important to get a good over all look with their stuff. Maybe they dont have the time to make all the details correct because of offering more and more and more stuff!?! :rolleyes Time is money. And its not like nobody want their stuff. They sell much of it and i dont know if they would sell more if their items are more accurate. I ...for my person...have stopped buying statues and started collecting props now....thats one of the reasons why. If you want something really accurate...collect props....if you want a nice display piece and won't be angry about the scale or some details and wrong paints...collect statues or busts. But everything has its place ....Kenner Vintage stuff isnt accurate in scale, paint, look and details...but i love it. Maybe you should try to see these statues as a middle thing between Vintage and props....it would be much easier for you to accept their stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:33 am 
Site Admin

Darth Niob wrote:
Maybe you should try to see these statues as a middle thing between Vintage and props....it would be much easier for you to accept their stuff.

I know what you're saying. But vintage Kenner was cheap - well, back in the day it was - so that's their excuse for not being as accurate as possible. Gentle Giant on the other hand is selling high-end busts and statues that cost a lot... the prices alone should guarantee a high level of accuracy and not just overall look.

I don't buy stuff I don't like and the companies can't really excuse themselves for not being able to produce a better, more accurate likeness, when companies such as Kaiyodo and Marmit could. Gentle Giant has an unprecedented opportunity with all the technology at their disposal to get their stuff to be the best of the best... but instead they cut corners and don't adhere to scale issues - especially on the Vader.

However... that being said... what I have seen on the R2-D2... I simply can't WAIT to get that, as it looks superb and perfect - R2 builders could possibly point out some stuff that is inaccurate.

I buy stuff that looks good and has the right look. So far, their Vader offerings simply haven't had that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:36 pm 
Random avatar

I know where you're coming from Carsten. It would be interessting to know why it is such a huge problem to make an accurate Vader although they manage this with other characters they offer. Maybe we will see an accurate one from Sideshow in the nearer future. As i know they started an interest poll about a few different vader diorama scenes. But the scale is only 1/9......or they offer another PF Vader in the future....who knows :rolleyes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:42 pm 
Site Admin

Darth Niob wrote:
I know where you're coming from Carsten. It would be interessting to know why it is such a huge problem to make an accurate Vader although they manage this with other characters they offer. Maybe we will see an accurate one from Sideshow in the nearer future. As i know they started an interest poll about a few different vader diorama scenes. But the scale is only 1/9......or they offer another PF Vader in the future....who knows :rolleyes

Really? Where did they start that poll? Would LOVE the "entering Tantive backed with troopers" scene as a dio. In ANY scale, if done accurately!!! :eek

Not much for the PF line... WAY too big for me. I'm a sixth scale collector... just don't have the space for fourth scale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:49 pm 
Random avatar

I've seen this on a German statue forum and there were many intersting dioramas for which you could vote. Maybe its on the official page from Sideshow.

-Vader vs Luke on Bespin
-Vader vs Luke at the Emperors throne room

and three or four other possibilites. All very interesting. Sadly i'm at work and i dont have a good internet here ...just netscape. I will have to look when i'm at home today in the evening...sorry.

But as i said ...it sounds interessting. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:00 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, found it. Didn't have the dio option I wanted, so I chose the Meditation Chamber dio option and wrote a comment about it being a shame they hadn't the Blockade entrance scene as a dio option. :lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next