It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:31 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:03 pm 

sweet find!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:41 pm 

Hi everyone,

I've been looking for accurate ANH rubber gloves for aagggessss... tried everything from NBC gloves (2 different types from the British Army, and 1 type from the US Army)... to fetish wear latex gloves (yeah, yeah, yeah...make up yer own jokes! :lol )
Unfortunately none of them looked to me like the movie gloves.... and I'm sad enough to watch ANH frame by frame in HD for details such as this! :dope

Recently I've discovered some NOS (New Old Stock) of some gloves which closely match the ones seen in the movie still posted at the bottom of this post (Thanks Paul C. for that pic), worn by Han in the Detention Block shoot-out in ANH
Specifically the chequered areas on the outisde of the fingertips (fingernail areas) and the overall way the rubber creases etc.
Admittedly there is chequering on the inside of the palms, but the screengrab posted earlier isn't high enough resolution IMO to prove that the palms were smooth... who's to know?

Anyways, I set about making some latex handguards to go with these new accurate gloves I'd stumbled upon:

If you watch closely through ANH you can see bits where the paint/dye has been scraped off the latex handguards... I'd say these were a real nightmare for the wardrobe assistants, trying to keep them looking presentable. Check out Luke's handguards when he's in the Trash Compactor... they look like all the paint is chipping off / cracking.

And the Tantive IV boarding scene, which was one of the last scenes to be filmed in 1976 IIRC... check out the handguards of the troopers walking behind Vader as he makes his first entrance :eek

I'm sure the costume deptartment breathed a sigh of relief when they changed to vac-form handguards for TESB / ROTJ!

Cheers,
John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:35 pm 

Hey John! As per your thread on the RPF, these gloves look spot on!

Any extras? :wink: