It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: ROTJ VADER COMPLETE!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:52 am 

here i have with me is my ROTJ Vader. it took me over a year to finish.. so far i am happy with it. soon i will start changing the parts to make it more screen accurate.. comments and suggestions are welcome!! :)

[img][img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa171/half_sith/completerotjvader3.jpg[/img]

[/img]Image

[img][img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa171/half_sith/completerotjvader4.jpg[/img][/img]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:16 am 

You look proportionately correct, which is half the challenge. Many costumers have these massive bellies that totally defy the "black is slimming" fashion law (coming to think of it, I'd better work off my belly!)

Suggestions:

Wear the box higher. If I had to chose between being closer to the belt vs. closer to the armor, I'd opt to be closer to the armor and about 0.5" from the armor's rim.

A nice touch, but not necessary, is wearing the armor over the shoulder guards/bells. I'm using ESB, more, as a reference even though your suit is ROTJ. There are various scenes in which you see the armor overlap the shoulder guards. However, it's also worn the way you have it. Proportionately, you're a touch too wide, but that's because of the sculpt of your armor.

If possible, wear your helmet a little lower; allow the neck of the helmet to rest on the armor more. I realize your armor's neckline flares out towards the back so you're not getting very good neck support there.

You also have too many links in your cape chain. Try simulating the look with about 7. Your mileage may vary depending on how accurate the chain is. The forth link (the middle) would naturally hook to the cape hook of your armor.

Lastly, tuck your pant legs down, as the excess fabric is creating a hollow, creating the illusion that you aren't filling your pant legs. If you have less than big, muscular legs, then try foam padding (note: stuntman Bob Anderson was a slender fellow, and in TESB he wore a heavily padded suit.)

How is your side profile? Can you post a pic?

A few questions:

1. How wide is your armor from front corner to corner? Is it a Portumac or SithPlanet (who resells Portumac's armor, so it's the same make)?

2. What is the make of your helmet? Is it a modified Rubie's? It looks great in your photo.

Great work!

- Mac
( Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sculptingvader/ )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:30 am 

Got two questions,
How tall are you?
How tall do you stand in the suit.

:cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:17 pm 

forgive me for the sloppy photos, i was just too excited to put the suit on.. :hehe-err to answer your question Mac,

the armor that i am using is an SA armor "SITH ARMOR" from EBay..

i am using is a stock rubies dome and a highly modified rubies fiberglass face mask which is named the EVO mask..
here are some pictures of the mask.

and thank you for the advice!! its just hard to put the armor on without a mirror in front.

[img][img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa171/half_sith/9.jpg[/img]
[/img]Image

Midnight Trooper, i am 6'5'' tall bare foot and 6'8 1/2'' in full armor without lifts.

Mac, i will send you the measurements later on.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:21 pm 

and here is a frontal photo of the my mask

[img][img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa171/half_sith/evoindoors1.jpg[/img]

and next to a modified rubies mask

[/img]Image

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:23 pm 

oh!! sorry for the double post.. :eek

(double post removed: NHM)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:30 pm 

what do you think about this one ... :wink: ... I just love that ROTJ Helmet ...

The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon;
the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:34 pm 

well, there is simply no words to describe how perfect that lid is.. all i could say is wow! :cool:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, I recognize that helmet. Very well modded and an ingenious dome mount mechanism. :thumbsup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:20 pm 

Vegas,

That picture of that ROTJ that JRX is very proportionately accurate and has the right details. I don't mean to poo-poo your current helmet, but a Rubie's is very inaccurate to begin with (see my modification thread for a breakdown of why) and while Evo has done a most excellent job towards customizing it, the inherent errors of the Rubie's still show through. What amazes me is that in a faraway shot it looks great, despite the flaws, but up close you can spot the flaws.

The only downside to the the helmet JRX posted is that it is so nice you almost end up needing to upgrade your costume to be as nice as the helmet, but if you participate in trooping or costuming with other friends, you may end up being the envy of everyone. Your robe and cape appear to be the Rubie's thin fabric, which won't have the right look due to the folds and the stitching. Don't go for just any cape with satin lining on fleaBay.

Lastly, you might want to hunt down artisanprops in the classifieds section of this website, as he makes one of THE absolute best codpieces. The thing that some costume vendors do is cut out a thick piece of rubber and put leather over it, and for the vertical slot they rely on the cutout. However, for those who've studied Vader, this is inaccurate.

Here's what Artisan Prop's codpiece looks like.

You can ask him for a ROTJ version if his ROTJ version happens to have some subtle differences than the ANH that I'm not aware of.

- Mac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:23 pm 

Doug dose make the best cods here no question about that. :bow i am open to changes in my suit. my wallet is just to hungry right now if you know what i mean.. :lol i already have a list of upgrades i just don't want to look at them right now. :lol again, thank you for all the comments and suggestions!! this will really help make my suit look more better!! :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:11 pm 

thank you NHM for removing the double post.. :conf

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:37 am 

Vegas,

How tall are you in the suit?

- Mac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:54 am 

i am 6'5'' tall bare foot and 6'8 1/2'' in full armor without lifts. :)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:43 pm 

VEGAS VADER wrote:
i am 6'5'' tall bare foot and 6'8 1/2'' in full armor without lifts. :)

6'5"...thats it :lol :lol ..damn dude thats tall. I saw the work you did on this mask on another forum...verrrry cool. :thumbsup