It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:48 pm 
Site Admin

Awesome job MJC! :eek

*EDIT* Do you also have HiRes versions? I would be more than happy to host 'em for you. :cool:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:33 am 

Well I've started on this:

Let me know what you think! I'm pretty busy these days again, so I won't be able to put a lot more time into these right now. But I'm sure eventually I will get through them all!

Cheers,

MJC.

-EDIT- I've started a new thread for the belt templates here: http://www.aokforums.com/thepropden/thepropden-about178.html Check it out!

Last edited by Cantina_Dude on Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:44 pm 
Site Admin

Man... you are really putting a lot of work and effort into this. :eek :thumbsup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:52 pm 
Site Admin

:thumbsup Great, thats what I'm talking about, the overall visual package once complete for all various sections will be a massive benefit to beginners and us additionally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

Image This keeps getting better and better.... :thumbsup

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Vader Belt Diagrams (Ref Pics)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:18 pm 

Hey all,

Well I've started this new thread to show my work so far on the Vader belt diagrams that people were requesting. So far I've done some work on the ANH and ESB versions. Let me know what you think.

-EDIT- Here's the ROTJ so far.

Comments and suggestions welcome!

Cheers,

MJC.

-EDIT- I've started a new thread for the chest box diagrams here:
http://www.aokforums.com/thepropden/thepropden-about426.html

Last edited by Cantina_Dude on Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:38 pm 
Site Admin

As far as I can see you nailed 'em! :thumbsup :thumbsup

Perfect job and certainly worthy of a big bag of dirt.... :lol

Last edited by StarWars Collector on Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:21 pm 
Site Admin

Your work is really impressive... sorry I sparked your initial effort... I feel sorry for you... no, really... I am! :blah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:29 am 

There were a set of grey shoulder bells in ESB as shown under C.D.'s promo tours pic.....I'll post a pic when I get a chance but watch the duel under the line "And I will complete your training"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:52 am 

Vadermonkey wrote:
There were a set of grey shoulder bells in ESB as shown under C.D.'s promo tours pic.....I'll post a pic when I get a chance but watch the duel under the line "And I will complete your training"

Hey,

Well here is a screen capture from that scene:

I think that what we are seeing on the shoulder bell is a bit of a reflection on the black paint, making it look more grey. You can definitely tell that it is a different (e.g. darker) grey colour, which I believe is because it is in fact black. Also, if you check the rest of that scene, the shoulder bells appear to be black.

Good eye though!

Cheers,

MJC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:23 am 
Site Admin

I agree Cantina Dude. It's the reflection.

There are a number of shoulder bells that feature silver/gunmetal though.

The ESB movie version had black bells but some authentic ESB costume shots show these gunmetal bells, (see pic below), additionally there are further pictures that show these? Bit confusing really, that's why some prop makers have their armor featuring this incorrect color. It's fooled me many times. I am unsure of the story behind this.

GUNMETAL/SILVER

Movie

BLACK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:19 pm 
Site Admin

Could a leftover from the ANH suit - meaning that they painted it like the ANH, yet, it was decided to go all black when the time of filming began. There are a few of these ANH leftover stuff in the ESB promo stuff and even in the film - at one point, in the Hoth Attack, Vader has what appears to be a helmet with an ANH style chin vent... though perhaps a little larger, but definitely not as large as seen in the rest of the movie... so, were these Hoth scenes some of the first to be shot?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:08 am 

All good questions. And cut throught the fight scene was the fencing helmet etc. I too have the shots w/grey bells, confusing is right....
I have just decided to go with a peticular sequence for each of my Vaders. On the other hand I'll be making the variations, just to have. (nerd alert)

Perhaps you're right about the reflection, it crossed my mind but here is the shot anyway. Forgive the crappyness of it. (great screencap BTW CD)

In fact as long as were on this scene, there are a couple of things going on here most people arent aware of that I would like to get all of your thoughts on.........to be continued......just heard the kiddo knock something over. I dont know what it is but it sounded expensive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:34 am 
Random avatar
Hey Paul I need a microscope to see those pics :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:26 pm 
Site Admin

SPFX wrote:
Hey Paul I need a microscope to see those pics :lol

yeah. I resized them too small, the microscope should pick the bells difference in color up :hehe-err .

Vadermonkey they do look the same color in that pic I must admit, that's the annoying screen cap that had me fooled last year. Additionally there are other screen caps showing both black and what appears to be gunmetal?
I think the best thing to support that the bells were all black is to look at the scenes where Vader is in his med chamber as his cape is obviously not on. There is definately many more screen caps etc.. to go with the majority vote of black opposed to gunmetal.

To confirm, stunt suit features black bells, must be lighting etc, giving that ilusion of gunmetal...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next