It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:00 am 
Random avatar
I didnt sign up for another account. The board owner asked me to change my name. simple.. over and done with.. so long, bye bye..

Trying to make me look like the bad guy attacking poor gino is not gonna work with me folks. He has tried the same shit over at whitearmor and well, if you cant take it, sure as hell dont try to dish it out.

The issue and statements made were clear, concise and laced with a little if not a ton of nastiness.

gino ruined the molds on purpose, He admits it. He did it to the face and tried to play off ruining the cap and back mold as well. So I call him out in my own way and he runs and hides under the 'mommy he's being mean.. make him stop!" defense tactic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:47 am 
Random avatar
CSMacLaren wrote:
TE, I hate to say this, but you have more than one person how asking to please state your side but without the personal attacks. Anything you have to say that may be legitimate, provable, backed with evidence, etc. becomes overshadowed and overpowered by the personal attacks and name calling. Please strongly consider this in your next posts.

State my side. gino admits that he ruined the molds on purpose before being sent back to me.. but wait.. he says he bought them.. so which is it? He and his buddy dave never paid for the molds, the email from dave said ' I know the molds are matt's and they will be sent back to him when we are done."

Then he magically claims he bought them.. the email was presented AFTER I hired a lawyer and a simple, molds are in the mail tomorrow email was sent. gino and dave never paid for the molds, basically done wo without my consent, and then they ruined the face. I pointed this out and gino claims, "your partner did it". fast forward to yesterday and now he admits that he did in fact remove the bump on the right eye.

when he comes to me begging to mold the cap and back he offers 10 helmets of his. Bad pulls and they came in broken and unuseable. Plastic was too thick to be assembled properly. ginos response.. sorry, I dont plan to ever make anymore so you are stuck with those. int he box was the ruined cap and back mold and he claims "you knew the risks".. wow, I did huh? What ever happened to returning someones property in the same condition as when it was borrowed? oh thats right gino.. you ruined one mold and might as well ruin another. Why?

Simple: to try to make yourself look like an expert and claim supremacy by destroying the master molds an using your 2nd gen copies to try to make yourself look better.

THATS what happened in nice nice kiss kiss dont be hating or ruffle any feathers talk.

He ruined my property (TWICE) and you wonder why I am pissed off... hmmm... and no.. whomever said gino answers all questions needs to pull their head out of the sand.. that NEVER happens. he dodges and weaves... nothing more.

T*E

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:56 am 

T*E wrote:
hmmm... and no.. whomever said gino answers all questions needs to pull their head out of the sand.. that NEVER happens. he dodges and weaves... nothing more.

T*E

I said it. And I am waiting for your answer to mine Matt.

Gino is very tight lipped its true. But he has provided solid and uninsulting language to the posters in this thread and answered their questions. Here and now.

I would like to not hear the same story which has been spelled out time and time again. I would like new information about what you currently produce.
Not attacking you. Just demonstrating the need to hear the pedigree of your helmets as Gino's has been pretty well covered.

If you want to PM me for some name calling be my guest.
:cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:00 am 

STOP IT NOW !!! :angry4 :angry4 :angry4

The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon;
the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:47 pm 

I understand your anger TE but we already have heard this tale and i don't see how it relates to this topic and what someone has done/said on whitearmor is for the staff over there to deal with nothing to do with this board.
This isn't about making you look bad,it isn't about taking Gino's side.

You broke the rules simple as that nothing more nothing less.

You could quite easily have gotten your message across within the rules you chose not to do that, nobody has a gun to your head i presume telling you what to type ?
So don't go blaming other people for what you type.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:10 pm 
Random avatar
Midnight Trooper wrote:
T*E wrote:
hmmm... and no.. whomever said gino answers all questions needs to pull their head out of the sand.. that NEVER happens. he dodges and weaves... nothing more.

T*E

I said it. And I am waiting for your answer to mine Matt.

Gino is very tight lipped its true. But he has provided solid and uninsulting language to the posters in this thread and answered their questions. Here and now.

I would like to not hear the same story which has been spelled out time and time again. I would like new information about what you currently produce.
Not attacking you. Just demonstrating the need to hear the pedigree of your helmets as Gino's has been pretty well covered.

If you want to PM me for some name calling be my guest.
:cool:

I am going to take the gino route and not divulge a thing. I am not really going to worry about how the molds were made or what methos were used. It was complicated, expensive and took a ton of phone calls to the shop that it to get it right.

Lets just say it was one ona 4 axis machine, and a 1/16" was removed from the surface in order to get it to be the correct size since it was an outside scan.

I dont need to call any of you names. Not toay.. too damn tired.

If the rest of you all know the story, then why are you condoning his actions by allowing him to stay here? Thats the other thing that is bothersome. just plain bothersome...

Oh well your choice. Its been fun guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:02 pm 
Random avatar
Just for the record, as it's been insinuated that because I don't respond to Matt that what he says must have some truth to it. ABSOLUTELY NOT.
A long time ago, I decided to not respond to disgusting emails, pm's, posts, etc...They are so upside down and twisted, that I will not even give them the time of day to respond to.

My official position in case anyone was wondering is this. Everything he's posted in regards to me and our histroy is completely fabricated. Everything. All of it. Total lies and mistruths. It's like he took certain events, and re-imagined them in an alternate reality.

This goes for anyone, if you want to hear the entire truth from my mouth as it went down, send me a PM and I will accomodate you so we can talk directly. Even if you are in the UK.
I don't care if we've had issues in the past (including you Mac), I'm totally willing to set aside any issues, and take my time to explain everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:03 pm 

GINO,

Thanks for the invitation. PM sent.

- Mac
( Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sculptingvader/ )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:00 pm 

GINO wrote:
firebladejedi wrote:
So apart from ears, was matt's helmet mould from 1 helmet?

Here is the breakdown of the molding of original ANH helmets.

Brian R. (1st helmet)
Everything was cast and from the inside of the helmet.
The only problem is that the ears molding were complete junk.
On my v1 helmet, I used cleaned up versions of the Brian R. ear molds and was happy to dispose of them when I switched to the Dave M. ears for my v2.

Dave M. (2nd helmet) (SFS)
ONLY the earcaps were cast.
The face and cap/back were NEVER molder either the inside or outside.

The only incarnation of the Dave M. face and cap/back is what was made from the mverta 3d scan. With 3d scan technology, it has the ability to pretty accurately obtain the data from the object. However it is severely limited when it comes to the tooling that grinds the form out of a chunk of foam. The fiberglass version of the Dave M. helmet was created from a very, very, heavily modified and cleaned up foam plug.
I dismiss this replica for the following reasons:
The limitations of the tooling could not capture a lot of details, undercuts, and surface nuances of the original.
The fact that it was heavily cleaned up to try to emulate what the tooling could not reproduce.
The shrinkage due to casting in polyester resin.
And the most obvious reason, because it made of fiberglass.

Now this is the type of infomation i find usefull, thanks for the responce Gino.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:07 am 
Site Admin

T*E wrote:
GINO wrote:
For clarification:
The helmets I have made are not smaller in any way from the originals. There is no gererational size loss due to the way the molds were made which is very specific to avoid this problem. They are 1:1 exactly like the original helmets they came from.
No one else has helmets or armor with better pedigree/lineage than what I have. All others are recasts made from softly formed vac formed pieces and then cleaned up. I'm the only one with molds that touched the insides of real items.

I have never seen another replica helmet more accurate than my v2. They are exact duplicates of the real helmets they were taken from with no compromises, no clean up, no fixing. Other than a change in material, there is no way to improve upon my v2.

Your molds touched the inside of the real helmet. WOW.. did you mold an original yourself?

Answer is:

NO

You have second gen castings and they are modified.. I MODIFIED THEM. Shame you cant tell me what was removed. Some expert you are. Just go back to being a liar and a thief.. it suits you better. And this bullshit of me using a GF suit to make molds, funny! Nice try.. but funny. Your sad attempts to try to tell people 'your' truth are another chapter in the 'gino hates TE because TE is better than you, and has owned more real items than you and also has been to the archives and has pictures you will never see' saga. Shall I post all your misdeeds and also LFL's response to you and dave trying to use the stolen molds to get the helmet license and their answer to you? I know all about it. They called you 'clown shoes' and a poser wanna be. thats a direct LFL quote for you buddy!

Your helmets suck, they are nothing like the real ones and can never be. You never owned one and never will. :thefinger Did you tell people how you and dave tried to tell the SFS owner that the helmet was only worth $5K US and told him he wouldnt get more than that for it. I seem to remember he told you to 'fuck off" since you were a thief and a liar and a swindler and would not do business with you. THATS coming from the sellers mouth before I purchased the helmet for a TON more than your piss ant shit offer and lies to him. Some stand up person you are. Never knew I was aware of that huh? Truth hurts huh? Loser.

Still waiting for the suits you and dave promised my partner and I when you two lovers bought the first set of molds we made. Still waiting.. still waiting since 1999. 2 suits each and 2 extra helmets.. STILL WAITING...

So try to tell people this and that. You cant even wear that total POS you are charging $850 for and have NOT YET started the run you took money for over a YEAR ago.

Wanna get a gino helmet? Get a coke and sit back and wait and wait and wait for a thin piece of crap you cannot wear.. oh and he will slush resin inside so you dont copy his crap work! Be warned! Thats not how the originals were! so dont be lie to and dont fall for his line of bullshit. He will suck you off and tell you lies to get your cash and never deliver a helmet that is not worth the plastic it is made from.

You have been warned. If you would like to know the WHOLE story of gino's misdoings and lies, PM me. I have the lawsuit and also his death threats he sent me I can forward on to you.

the real, the true and the ONLY T*E

T*E has been suspended for 14 days as a result of this post.

Once again, the Staff must make it clear that while everyone is entitled to post their thoughts and opinions, it us UNACCEPTABLE to threaten other members, make baseless accusations against them, or threaten them in any way. Such behavior will result in a 14-day suspension for a first offense, and a permanent ban the second time.

Thank you,
The Den Staff

My Collection

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:09 am 

How about next time mods make some edits to nip it so no one has to be suspended or banned. One tap on the shoulder suggesting a self edit then slash if they don't. I hate having to wade through the muck to try to get to the useful stuff (yes there is some useful stuff in this thread).

Doug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:25 am 

wannab wrote:
How about next time mods make some edits to nip it so no one has to be suspended or banned. One tap on the shoulder suggesting a self edit then slash if they don't. I hate having to wade through the muck to try to get to the useful stuff (yes there is some useful stuff in this thread).

Doug

We had discussed that some time ago, and it was decided that we don't want
to start any "Censorship" of this kind here on these boards. All of us are old
enough to check their coice of words themselves and behave properly.

The mods therefor don't have the tools to edit or censor user postings.
We are only here to watch and keep things on track. I "tapped shoulders"
here in this thread a few times and was ignored ... that is pretty disrespectful
and really pisses me off.

Cheers,

Jesper

And now lets all get this Thread back on the subject ... :)

The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon;
the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:01 am 
Site Admin

I will just say myself, I have been around since the beginning of this forum and it has always been well run.

The mods here are slightly more forgiving then some others places and they encourage free speech without shooting you down.

It may seem like they have not reacted or cared for the demise of this thread but I know they have been in talks behind the scenes for some time to seek appropriate action. JRX said his warnings to keep this thread on track have been ignored, so he amongst others have been very tolerant, this thread does contain moderator action, just not bans or suspensions until now.

It may seem easy to just ban people or suspend them but careful thought needs to play a part as there are only 2 warnings, period!

I agree with others that the behaviour here has been unacceptable and for 1 year now there have been little or no problems until recently.

This is the BEST forum around IMO, and part of that is it is a great atmosphere here where the moderators go out of their way to support and encourage the individual.

This is not butt kissing, it's simply the truth IMHO....

Anyway, back on track...Best fanmade replica? Seems to be Gino's v2.

Reviews statuemodellarge-figure-review-section-vf203.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:03 am 

I guess I don't understand why evereyone seems to be afraid of censorship in this context. If the conversation breaks the board rules/crosses the line then cut it -- seems fairly simple to me and it would eliminate a ton of the unnessesary Jerry Springer stuff. :fight

>shrug<

Doug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:21 am 

Quote:
Anyway, back on track...Best fanmade replica? Seems to be Gino's v2.

I agree on that one and I'm not taking sides either just overall Gino has a nice finished product -- sharpness of pull, apparent accurate look, assembly and paint. TE had what I consider second based on the above criteria, although I'm not talking about the TE HDPE (it has too many pull issues but I ain't selling mine >wink<).

Just so folks know, I own (2) TE1's (1) TE2 (1) TE HDPE SFS stunt, and SDS Stunt & Hero I like them all even the bastard step children -- soft pull TE2 and the back warped SDS's. If i ever get a chance at a Gino V2 Stunt & Hero (when/if I have the cash) I'd be all over it. I also would like to get a TM child size helmet for my son.

Doug

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next