It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: ANH armor question for those around 5'11" to 6 foot
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:30 pm 

Question for experienced armor wearers. What armor would you recommend for ANH stormtrooper armor for those around 5'11" to 6'?

I realize armor makers say their armor can technically be worn by people from 5'6" to 6'2" but they seem ideal for people 5'7" to 5'8". Any taller, really, and the elbows and knees look like massive gaps showing the black Under Armor.

- Mac
( Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sculptingvader/ )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:40 am 

I personally have FX armor with an AP helmet. If you add the little things to the FX armor and do a proper trim job it can look decent. I've been accused by other stormtroopers of having AP armor (but some people don't know better). I can post pictures to show what I mean if you want.

The RT-Mod armor is also designed for taller/larger troopers. It's more accurate than the FX in many ways, the one major flaw is the ab button plate. The buttons don't have the proper placement, and it doesn't have near enough ribs.

I'm 6'2" 195 lbs BTW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:06 am 
Site Admin

Not an armor wearer, but I'd recommend the accurate stuff such as AP or TE2 - as the black gaps are screen accurate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:25 pm 

If you want accurate looking armour i would go for the TM kit it's fan made yes but the details are spot on and the armour is larger than the movie lineage suits which all derive from an ROTJ kit which were not overly well done recasts of ANH armour so there is generational size loss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:00 pm 
Random avatar
There aren't supposed to be any black gaps on the armour really Carsten, according to AA, who claims to have designed these suit's.

All the armours should fit up to the 6' foot mark. The problem with the black gaps is mainly down to the assembly. I don't know if AP or TE2 come with instructions, but they are always assembled incorrectly. The biceps seem to be always too high and the forearms too low, making the gaps between them look overly large when they could be better. Maybe it's just that the armour parts are too small as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:57 am 

Mac-
I am 5-11, and my SDS armor fits like a freakin glove. =)
The black gaps are kept to a minimum, for sure. For the cost though you might wish to look at another mfr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:39 pm 

I'll second that on SDS fitting great, I'm 6'0 and 182lbs, but yes expensive. I had a fever at the time, and the only cure was more armor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:01 pm 

I´m 182cm, around 6" i think, whit out armor on.
And weight around 70.
Here you see in my TM suit :as2

Profile E-mail