It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:06 pm 
Random avatar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:29 pm 
Random avatar
Anything you wish to ad, Phil, other than the super pics. :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:07 pm 
Random avatar
Most likely scenario...

Kermit wore the original ANH suit as stated by him and proven in the DPS pics...ILM redid the costume repainting it also eluded to by Kermit...same costume as in the ESB poster pics..also stated by John redone and painted...And still most likely the same helmet on the shelf at the archives..
Its not likely that the costume ever left LFL possession after the tour.

Many Myths and stories surrounding the ANH Vader costume
This is without a doubt the Original ANH costume and shares many similarities with the ESB poster helmet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:34 pm 

Darth Phaeton wrote:
yeap, and what does the ANH vader do at a signing session, that only could have been taken place at no earlier than 1980?

Well I don't know if that's quite right. Check out this article recently posted at starwars.com: http://www.starwars.com/episode-v/bts/article/f20061019/index.html

It could be that this photo:
... was taken the same day as the parade mentioned in the article, September 24, 1978. So who knows! :wink:

All the best,

MJC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:42 pm 
Random avatar
I would bet its the very same parade :thumbsup

Wish we had some better pics of that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:47 am 

Well I can say based on someone I know who has spoken with Kermit that the suit is not complete any longer.

Very sad that it is not at the Smithsonian as thats where something like that belongs, or say in my den perhaps :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:57 am 

Well did anyone happen to notice the ANH gloves?

Dan those are all great pics too, as you mentioned there are a few pics that are mis-categorized. If you notice too, there is a fencing helmet out on tour. I believe it is in your ANH section.

Anyway back to topic, K.E. said some of the parts were traded in for ESB stuff and the suit was mismatched a little.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:17 am 
Random avatar
Quote:
Well I can say based on someone I know who has spoken with Kermit that the suit is not complete any longer.

I know who you are speaking of :wink:

Somebody I know that recently worked with LFL held what was said and looked to be a very orginal ANH Vader helmet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:45 pm 
Site Admin

Well, one compelling piece of evidence that the ESB Poster helmet could be the actual screen used ANH helmet is the identical cape chain scratches at the bottom of the neck, which can be seen in the Tantive IV scenes. Other than that I think it was either polished up or had some parts repainted, as other things doesn't match up with the screen mask.

Thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:53 pm 
Site Admin

Very possible. Although the same or similar process could be achieved with another chain/ mask etc..

Wonder if we will ever know?? I bet LFL are in the shadows half the time seeing as their attention to detail based on previous mistakes when validating authentic props is poor. Or is that what they want us to believe? The I am dumb wont draw attention desired affect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:04 pm 
Random avatar
I really do think, that these pics, once and for all, kill's the whole tour suit debate.

Vadermonkey: I only have one Fencing helmet pic in the ANH section, and that is becourse it has alot of ANH parts on it.
(or did I miss something?) :slp

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:09 pm 

Just thought it was a cool pic when I saw it, considering it was on some kind of appearance.....(the one holding the kid.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:09 pm 
Random avatar
Vadermonkey wrote:
Just thought it was a cool pic when I saw it, considering it was on some kind of appearance.....(the one holding the kid.)

Is it the one on the top of the page?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:33 pm 
Random avatar
The one holding the kid is from ANH off the BBC show...the one with 3po is not..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:22 pm 

This one,

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next