It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:58 pm 
Random avatar
NoHumorMan wrote:
The HDPE color is a palish green right? Anyone having matched paint colors to that color and know what brand and number I need to get... or should I just go for a palish khaki green?

I think they are more beige TBH. Every pic I have seen looks just like the helmet I made a few years back and that colour is Beige-Grey. I have just built up a HIPS helmet that I am going replicate the original SFS helmet with all the chips, and the paints I have bought for this project are Plastikote Gloss White and Satin Beige-Grey. I will post pics of the colour once I get the base coat done but for now, here is the pic of the helmet I made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:26 pm 

NHM I understand your concern, I got the same issue in the left back ear but is not quite visible. I will try to post pictures of it whenever I arrive home. Still, many of the real helmets have that hole between the face mask and ears and also is easy to fix as you mentioned before. Now, if you are not that happpy about it I guess you could email few lines to TE
Also I have been watching your pictures and I noticed that the right earcup in your helmet is much sharper than mine, so my theory is that your helmets ears come from a different helmet or my helmet's ears have been extracted from a different pull(lower quality :angry4 ).

Cheers

A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:36 pm 
Site Admin

Well... the SFS doesn't have that gap... that's the whole issue... if I was going for any other helmet there wouldn't be any problem, as long as I found a corresponding screen helmet that had that gap. Though, I won't bother TE about it... as I don't expect it to be a difficult fix.

I can assure you... the right ear is softer than my left, which is super sharp. I think it is the angle and the flash making it appear sharper than it is. I can post a picture of both my ears tomorrow... side by side... and if you do the same, we can compare how they look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:21 pm 

NHM, you are right the SFS do no have that gap. Sounds good to me :thumbsup , I could post images of my earcup and the gap between the facemask and the ear. You know... when I tell this kind of histories to my wife she really thinks I am crazy...I wonder why? :lol :lol

A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:37 pm 
Site Admin

AJCG wrote:
when I tell this kind of histories to my wife she really thinks I an crazy...I wonder why? :lol :lol

Sorry honey, but I'm having a conversation with someone from Denmark, who wants to see my ears.... :pale :eek :hehe-err

Sorry for the break. Gentlemen, pls continue. :lol

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:39 pm 
Site Admin

That's funny! :blah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:57 pm 

All of you are like kids!! :nono , I can not have a mature conversation with any oh you. Grow up :ac6 :blah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:23 pm 

"when I tell this kind of histories to my wife she really thinks I am crazy...I wonder why? "

Been there done that....they just don't get it. :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:23 pm 

Well,i have also got one of these helmets on the way and if i find the ears to be as badly trimmed as that i will have no hesitation i sending Mr TE a PM about it. Come on guys my five year old could have done a better job,you can drive a bus through the gap. very poor if you ask me.I will let you know how mine looks when it arrives .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:59 am 

Here's a comparison I did earlier in the year matching the colours of a number off original helmets, many of which I've personally handled. Khaki Green pretty much sums it up. The one in the boot right is "too" green due to incorrect setting of white balance but is there anyway.

Regarding that gap between the ears/face on the TE. Given the level of detail he expects from other providers, I think its only fair he expects criticism when his are not 100%. IMO that gap is unacceptable.

Cheers

Jez

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:13 am 

BingoBongo275 wrote:
Regarding that gap between the ears/face on the TE. Given the level of detail he expects from other providers, I think its only fair he expects criticism when his are not 100%. IMO that gap is unacceptable.

Cheers

Jez

... I would take the helmet with the earcap-gap ... before you throw it away Carsten ... :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon;
the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:52 am 
Site Admin

Jez,

In most of those pictures (ESB) the HDPE looks like a kind of greyish brown (at least on my monitor)

The upper left pic seems to have a little a green hue in it, that also goes for the TD (again; on my monitor)

I agree on the bottom right pic; definitely too green.

Great comp pics btw and thanks for sharing. :thumbsup

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:45 pm 

I find it amusing that people would want accuracy in terms of the HDPE material and bumps on the cap/back but not in the gaps between the ears and the helmet.I suggest people go back and watch ANH as there are plenty of helmets with these gaps.No original had perfectly trimmed ears.The originals were a complete mess.

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:50 pm 
Site Admin

Well, thanks for clearing that up..............Ben....

Welcome to The Den, Ben. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:58 pm 

welcome ... Gizmo ... :wink:

The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon;
the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next