It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:33 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: "Unseen Star Wars"
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:45 pm 

Or, more accurately, "stuff they should have included in the Star Wars Blu-Ray set but didn't". Link courtesy of thedigitalbits:

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/05/8_f ... ay_box.php

Fantastic documentary about John Williams on page two with lots of extended excerpts from his many scores and a lot of time on the scoring stage of Empire Strikes Back.

Post subject: Re: "Unseen Star Wars"
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:09 pm 

I watched those vintage John Williams documentary clips over the weekend. Great behind-the-scenes about composing and recording the soundtrack for ESB - thanks for sharing! Only 8 weeks after the spotting session when he first sees the movie scenes that they start recording. Such a short timeframe to compose some of the most memorable movie themes of all time.

Takes me back to when I would take my 8-track tape outside to my mom's 1977 yellow Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme (which had great acoustics... with 4 .... count 'em 4 ... speakers) and listen to the ESB soundtrack until I was told to come inside before I ran down the battery.

I'm sure "Johnny" will work his magic again for Episode VII.

Yes, 8-track.

Profile E-mail