It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: The New PhotoBucket! .(
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

Well, the whole of photobucket is screwed up now. I'm honestly thinking of deleting my account there. I use it as a picture hosting site... and now it has tons of features I don't use and what worked so well on the original photobucket has now been changed twice and both times for the worse and this time completely annoyingly pointless. Which means the last several years of postings on forums will be rendered pointless, as there's no way I want to upload all those pictures again to another service and go in and edit all those.

Thanks for nothing Photobucket. What a waste.

Post subject: Re: The New PhotoBucket! .(
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:56 pm 
Random avatar

Hate it hate it hate. Totally agree with you. Why try to fix something that's not broken.. There was a facility to swop back to the old style but I have found that you can't edit or play with the pictures in the albums.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:54 pm 
Site Admin

All pictures I've posted from PB will soon become little boxes with x'es in them, as I will be deleting my account within this week. Have already started deleting private pictures that I only posted to specific sites, as there was no issues with storing those in various albums that were shared, but setting the albums to private has no meaning anymore as anyone can just follow a picture into my albums and browse freely. It is roughly 1800+ pictures we are talking about that will become dead links... and I really do not want to bother uploading them to another service and having to edit all those thousands of posts... so this will be especially devastating to all my posts here where I posted pictures and will probably render those posts pretty useless.

Thanks photobucket.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:01 pm 
Site Admin

Anyone with an account can go here to comment on the changes. Seems they are currently overloaded with tickets concerns, so it would be a waste of time to start one up.

http://support.photobucket.com/entries/ ... ts-coming-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:09 pm 
Random avatar

I sent off a message today and got a reply saying that thy are striving to improve the new site and have no plans to go back to the old.... Think I may delete my coconut as well. Just got the hassle of moving all the photos elsewhere.....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:44 am 
Site Admin

It doesn't even work in one of my browsers. It loads, you see the page load, and then it ends with a blank white screen.

Been trying to search for a good and free photo/portfolio hosting site too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:14 am 

Recently Webshots transformed itself into the crappy Smile! and everything we had there is lost, of course Smile! is only available if you pay.

Photobucket's changes are simply stupid. I don't use it for posting images on forums but I host my collection there. I still posted a few links directly from PB and they are gone now.

I use my www.imageshack.us account to post images on forums, these never get deleted unless I delete them myself from my account. Or www.tinypic.com, but I don't have an account there, so I only post images on this one only when it's not important to edit them later.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:01 pm 
Site Admin

!!!NOTICE: Since I'm deleting my PhotoBucket account, I will try to restore as many pictures as possible, but it may take some time!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

Well, it's final. Just deleted my account. I'm uploading various pictures to ImageShack and replacing them as I find them... however... some of the larger pictures will remain broken links until I find a service that do proper thumbnail service and only links to the image, not the album.

I still cannot get over that PhotoBucket would so severely cripple and ruin a good thing. It makes no sense, except they got greedy and thought their users were just sheep, blindly following. :ac10

I can and will never recommend PhotoBucket to anyone ever again.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:11 pm 

Glad I'm not the only one that really hates it now. They really screwed the place up. :banger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:37 pm 
Site Admin

T-VIRUS wrote:
Glad I'm not the only one that really hates it now. They really screwed the place up. :banger

The sad thing is that they are actually thinking they did a good job forcing this new crap on us and is still doing a good job and that it is superior to what was before. Talk about delusions of grandeur.