It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:56 am

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: Wanna see where many Star Wars props (screen used) ends?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:29 pm 

Lambotour wrote:
Fener wrote:
I'm puzzled. i remember a pic of the mould posted by efx and the scar wasn't there. It's a mystery. :banger

This was shown back 5 years ago originally by SL. I added the arrows to further show it in the mold. You can see the C scar in the mold and on the SL casting.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for reposting that for me.
That picture I am in full agreement with.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:36 pm 

:rolleyes I guess we need to touch on the subject of the C scar as pertains to the recently "found" mask, BUT seems we're starting to dabate it's presence on other castings, which is becoming tiresome; and I'd like to suggest even off-topic. I'm returning to this thread because I want to know more about the mask found in France, not to read arguements on the origins of the C scar. :banger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:00 pm 

Zuka Zamamee wrote:
:rolleyes I guess we need to touch on the subject of the C scar as pertains to the recently "found" mask, BUT seems we're starting to dabate it's presence on other castings, which is becoming tiresome; and I'd like to suggest even off-topic. I'm returning to this thread because I want to know more about the mask found in France, not to read arguements on the origins of the C scar. :banger

Until new information or photos of the original surface there isn't much more to discuss about it, but yes we have gone off topic. I guess admin could move the C scar discussion into the TM thread or whatever.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:26 pm 
Random avatar

Midnight Trooper wrote:
Turrican wrote:
From one point i find it nice to see that you come back here to the board to ask "us" about that new revelad details and what we think about it.
At the other hand i ask me, why you not go to ask that RPF crowd which blacklisted the propden for exact that what we said here in past (which btw. was correct after all that new infos we have now), which if i recall correct you also have supported in past,too ?

Dont' get me wrong , but you just come over here if you can absorp something and that have a bad aftertaste for me.

I don't care in the slightest what you think. How's that?
:wink:

Yes, but how the hell you think anyone would like to answer the questions of one of Gino's arselickers? :rolleyes
Go back under your bridge mate :salut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:30 pm 
Site Admin

Please keep things civil guys.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:03 pm 

Darth Niob wrote:

Yes, but how the hell you think anyone would like to answer the questions of one of Gino's arselickers? :rolleyes
Go back under your bridge mate :salut

I'm not trying to be a troll. I wasn't then either. Any of us can only believe what we have seen or been taught. Opinion is a fickle thing but truth is even more elusive.

My opinion was based on what I considered to be reliable info and pictures. When I was exposed to more reliable facts I realized that was not the case.
And that realization had nothing to do with the discovery of the ANH helmet. I changed my stance a while back and immediately contacted a member here who is posting in this thread. I did feel bad and wanted him to know anyway.

Trying to direct it back on topic, this ANH discovery does relate to the various castings and their features. It's plain the ANH is now in a different state then when it was seen onscreen. But the scar remains. Surely it would have disappeared if that cheek had been fully repainted instead of just touched up? With this and other similar things I suppose as others have that it might be possible for one to tell when it was moulded to create the RB and UK moulds.

Post subject: Re: Split Topic: Wanna see where many Star Wars props ends?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:22 am 
Site Admin

I split the discussions not pertaining to the found screen used helmet off into a separate thread. wanna-see-where-many-star-wars-props-screen-used-ends-vt4853.html

I tried merging it with one of the threads already there, but it just made a mess of things in that thread, so I split it off into it's own topic.

It wouldn't mess up the TD thread, post wise, but I'm not sure it fits in that one even that thread does discuss the SL helmet and details in parts. If Thomas, Sithlord, is okay with it I can move it into that thread to keep things tidy or I could just leave it in its new position.

Can be found here: split-topic-wanna-see-where-many-star-wars-props-ends-vt4864.html

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:10 pm 

Midnight Trooper wrote:
Turrican wrote:
From one point i find it nice to see that you come back here to the board to ask "us" about that new revelad details and what we think about it.
At the other hand i ask me, why you not go to ask that RPF crowd which blacklisted the propden for exact that what we said here in past (which btw. was correct after all that new infos we have now), which if i recall correct you also have supported in past,too ?

Dont' get me wrong , but you just come over here if you can absorp something and that have a bad aftertaste for me.

I don't care in the slightest what you think. How's that?
:wink:

Well charming , as used to be in past.
Haven't expected something else. :salut

@ Niob, thanks, thought the same, but not had that charm to say it this way. :cheers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:53 am 

Lambotour wrote:
Fener wrote:
I don't understand why the scar is not on the efx... :discussion

It was cleaned up. Even on the 'legend, exact as you see it in the movie' casts. There's so much detail missing on those efx casts it isn't even funny, but it's still the best commercially/publicly available vader helmet there is.

And that's the sad part. I agree the the EFX Legend is the best commercially/publicly available Vader helmet, but could have been so much more if not cleaned up like crazy. At least Gino might have an untouched one sitting on the same shelf with a Fett lid :angel4 :banger

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:42 am 
Random avatar

Yes, and on his untouched cast he removed the casted in C-Scar and replaced it with a painted one :lol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:55 pm 

Darth Niob wrote:
Yes, and on his untouched cast he removed the casted in C-Scar and replaced it with a painted one :lol

He saw the casted scar but cleaned it up for the Legend version. This is very hard to understand. What's the deal here? It's beyond me. :ac10

I'm glad I chose the Limited edition. A Legend without scar makes no sense.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:53 pm 
Random avatar

Fener wrote:
Darth Niob wrote:

He saw the casted scar but cleaned it up for the Legend version. This is very hard to understand. What's the deal here? It's beyond me. :ac10

Believe me...he cleaned it because the normal customer should have as less details as possible. On his on cast the details are present. Why do you think he didn't publish pics of his ANH Vader anymore. The years before he posted every few weeks new pics of his displays with untouched copies of the original screen used helmet ( :lol ). No since he got a RB mold cast you don't see anything new. He also sold his older helmets on eBay for a fortune. You have to ask yourself ...why he did that if he already had the real deal helmets....why to upgrade the real deal? This guy is lying when he opens his mouth and he still finds some idiot who believe this crap :banger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:30 am 

Darth Niob wrote:
Fener wrote:
Darth Niob wrote:

Believe me...he cleaned it because the normal customer should have as less details as possible.

Yes but the Legend edition is not for the normal customer: it's for the "c-scar-customer". :lol the Limited is for the normal customer. :banger

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:29 am 
Random avatar

Yep, which makes the Legend no different from the Limited. Looks like EFX is laughing all the way to the bank and Gino is laughing at everyone who paid extra for the Legend.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:31 am 

Darth Niob wrote:
Fener wrote:
Darth Niob wrote:

Believe me...he cleaned it because the normal customer should have as less details as possible. On his on cast the details are present. Why do you think he didn't publish pics of his ANH Vader anymore. The years before he posted every few weeks new pics of his displays with untouched copies of the original screen used helmet ( :lol ). No since he got a RB mold cast you don't see anything new. He also sold his older helmets on eBay for a fortune. You have to ask yourself ...why he did that if he already had the real deal helmets....why to upgrade the real deal? This guy is lying when he opens his mouth and he still finds some idiot who believe this crap :banger

Exactly. And the same will happen with every other EFX item they will make and Gino had access to: no more pics of Fett, TK, Vader... When I read the TIE Pilot thread on the other board long ago, I laughed my ass off. It was hilarious. But not sure if it is worth talking about him in this awesome thread about the finding of real Vader helmet. It is like spoiling the great find.

Profile E-mail