It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: Science now against rules on RPF
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:39 pm 
Random avatar

The RPF hasn't been "The RPF" for a long, long time, as any even reasonably veteran member will attest to (if they're feeling honest).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:16 pm 

No Humor Man wrote:
So what is it... stay on the RPF for what you like, or argue what you feel is an injustice and lose your membership on the RPF and the things you like there? It really seems that's the two choices you have. Live with the bad for all the good you get out of being there... or... screw the good to take on the bad you feel is there.

Excellent post....and advice.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:06 pm 

Defstartrooper wrote:

Heck i've even got to the point of not posting anything at all at times, how sad is that ?

Yep, that is pretty much all anyone can do. Not post. Sad, but true.

That being said, I've had the odd warning but it isn't like I didn't expect it. If I do go overboard, I don't mind if someone tells me so, and a fair warning is actually appreciated. I also know when to stop arguing a point, at least when it comes to the forum itself (when it comes to Vader maybe I don't know when to quit :lol ). I certainly think that if someone has a "history" of some kind, then the rules can be applied more strictly to them, but I think that overall that goes for everyone on the forum. Certainly the reasoning behind your own situation fails me, but all you can do is politely ask what the reason is and what you can do to help prevent any misunderstanding in the future.

Yes, the RPF has gone through a lot of changes and it is a very different forum than five years ago. Pragmatically I think to myself that as long as we can discuss the basic cool prop replica stuff, then I don't mind going back once in a while to discuss something, but if I do it is always like walking a tightrope, not knowing what might happen. :hiding

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:06 pm 
Site Admin

Honestly, I don't feel the RPF has changed. It is different, but it is still rather restrictive, which was one of the main reasons THIS place was formed and has the mission statement that it does. I know the real reason it started was very different, but it spawned something great out of what can be described as turbulent times. There has always been a extended form of restriction on the RPF that I, as having been brought up in a free thinking nation where everyone is accountable for their own actions and words and with a sense of not taking BS about censorship, the very way they dealt with things, then and now was - I wouldn't call it oppressive, but rather - too limiting. The restrictions has changed from what they were then, but just to new things, so it is still there. All you have to do as a user is to learn to maneuver in the place and setting that you are in - if you go in like a bulldog on speed expecting all forums to react the same to you, then you are simply being a moron.

And now that everyone knows how things work, there really is no reason to continue bitching about it, as it won't change anything, won't amount to anything and lastly... only sours your own life.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:27 pm 

No Humor Man wrote:
Honestly, I don't feel the RPF has changed. It is different, but it is still rather restrictive, which was one of the main reasons THIS place was formed and has the mission statement that it does. I know the real reason it started was very different, but it spawned something great out of what can be described as turbulent times. There has always been a extended form of restriction on the RPF that I, as having been brought up in a free thinking nation where everyone is accountable for their own actions and words and with a sense of not taking BS about censorship, the very way they dealt with things, then and now was - I wouldn't call it oppressive, but rather - too limiting. The restrictions has changed from what they were then, but just to new things, so it is still there. All you have to do as a user is to learn to maneuver in the place and setting that you are in - if you go in like a bulldog on speed expecting all forums to react the same to you, then you are simply being a moron.

And now that everyone knows how things work, there really is no reason to continue bitching about it, as it won't change anything, won't amount to anything and lastly... only sours your own life.

I feel it's changed greatly and i feel the main reason for this change is because it's no longer just an online community forum it's now a commercial enterprise.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:11 pm 

Defstartrooper wrote:

I feel it's changed greatly and i feel the main reason for this change is because it's no longer just an online community forum it's now a commercial enterprise.

Unfortunately that can be said about a few more forums/boards out there. Not just SW... :(

Profile E-mail