It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: Removing dome mount from eFx ANH PCR helmet
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:48 am 

The lighting setup was more elaborate in ESB than in ANH. ESB made use of more light sources that glanced across helmet which highlighted some features and cast shadows across others. And this could cause the center strip to look sharper in some scenes and wider in other scenes. The center strip modded just at the front with the rest as-is would probably look fine.

The black nose / fat lipped Vader was the reveal helmet which did look a bit strange.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:48 pm 

Ah interesting info with the reveal.

And about the stripe..yes I think they added the material on the right side on the front because they wanted the stripe more symmetrical.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:08 am 

The TM dome I believe would the best available reference for ESB to see these details along the center stripe.

Just a few data points from the domes I have, showing the curvature side-to-side at the top middle of the dome. Certainly more rounded on the DPDLX and DPCA than screen-used, but in some ESB scenes you can see some slope or railroading on left and right sides and curvature across the width of the center stripe, perhaps then not as flat as the ANH dome.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:39 am 

We are on the propden...so I think we could find somebody with a TM-helmet to teach us! :wink:

But I think I also have a good pic of the TM domes front for this question:

It looks like that the stripe is smaller on the front...but its an optical illusion..when you copy a piece from the top all over the stripe you can see that the dome is thicker.So I think they added material on the right side...on the left I´m not so safe,because this could also be a casting defect only on the TM.

But it can also be a reflection of the right side of the dome on my pics before...on this it not like added much material...more like a sanded edge..and on the left side it looks more like grooves along the stripe.

Profile E-mail