It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:35 pm

All times are UTC

THE PROP DEN is primarily a Darth Vader Prop Discussion Board, but we also deal with other Star Wars Props as well as Prop Replicas from other movies. If you do not yet have an account, set one up, sign in and jump into the Vader Prop Discussions!

Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Question about Don Post C/A conversion
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:31 am 

There were a few folks who "lowered" the dome a little bit to make it sit more correctly.

But I cannot find the thread anymore in a search.

Anyone know where it is? I have a Don Post C/A I am converting here to costuming.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Question about Don Post C/A conversion
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:14 am 
Site Admin

There haven't been many DP CA helmet threads, but of course, the repositioning could have happened in another thread, making it harder to find. The Don Post helmets in general, as well as the Rubies helmets, have the same issue as the DP CA and possibly a Rubies Supreme dome repositioning thread could help out?

There are two ways - either trim the T-mount at an angle from front to back or cut around the arms of the T and halfway down the base of the T down at the crown surface of the mask, then heat the plastic and push down the T-mount and hold it until it cools, then put on the dome and work it until the right position is reached, and then glue the T-mount in place.

I found this Rubies Supreme thread - may be useable as inspiration until the DP CA thread pops up.

dome-mount-cut-or-not-vt3627.html

Post subject: Re: Question about Don Post C/A conversion
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:34 am 

Thanks!! What I thought I might do is cut the T in half at about half way up the sides in the back and angle the cut down as I move forward toward the eyes so that it is severed EXCEPT where it terminates on the forehead.

The forehead area would then sort of be the "hinge" area as I push mainly down in the back and lower it into itself before screwing it back together.

The only obstacle is that this already has been converted with paint, eyes, grills, tusks, etc. Have to be careful!